PDA

View Full Version : UK JAA CPL(H)IR to AUSTRALIAN CASA CPL(H)IR

Hingmay
28th Oct 2008, 11:38
Hello all, Need a wee bit guidance.. Having checked the CASA site and understanding the requirements, does anyone know where to get study notes/question bank for the required exams? :rolleyes:

Heliringer
28th Oct 2008, 11:55
Try Advanced Flight Theory Loading Page (http://www.aft.com.au)
They have a good name for theory here in Australia.

I don't work or have anything to do with this company

Ringer

floatsarmed
30th Oct 2008, 06:59
Get yourself a copy of the AIP/CAO's and CAR's online via the CASA website. They are a must have for the exam. You may be able to use the on-line copies for study but you will need hard copies for the exam proper.

AFT are a pretty good bunch. They provide the bulk of ATPL(h) training in Oz and will be able to help you out. I think they will be able to do distance learning or intensive residential for you

The IREX exam which you will have to pass is widely regarded as a :mad: nasty mongrel exam and a few guys with lots of overseas IFR experience have stumbled several times at this particular hurdle.

Good luck
Floats':ok:

spinwing
30th Oct 2008, 10:07
Mmmmm ...

Yes .... the IREX exam is considered a "bastard" ... having said that ... it is designed that way for a reason .... a bit like the UK exams if you undertake a classroom type structured course you will find it relatively easy because all the necessary required syllabus will be presented to you.

Done properly (in a classroom) you can easily get 90+% .... and the higher your theoretical passmark the less agro you will get when doing the oral part of the I/R test.

Good luck :ok:

PO dust devil
30th Oct 2008, 15:54
.....and you'll enjoy a much more civil bureaucracy and find peers more welcoming than can be the experience going into the JAA system from Australia or even the USA according to anectodal information.