PDA

View Full Version : PHOTO QUERY: Any info on 1985-6 Jayrow Offshore / Schreiner SA330J Puma PH-SSB?

David Eyre
28th Oct 2008, 08:43
Hi All,

I've received a query regarding this April 1986 photo of Schreiner SA330J Puma PH-SSB, which wore Jayrow Offshore titles and a taped-over registration VH-JRO on the tail:
Photos: Aerospatiale SA-330J Puma Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jayrow-Offshore-(Schreiner/Aerospatiale-SA-330J-Puma/1040435/L/)

Can anyone out there shed any more light on this contract between Jayrow and Schreiner, and why the helicopter was painted as VH-JRO?

I can't remember where I got my info from, but someone has asked for more info. These are the comments I recorded:

"Brought to Australia for an oil support contract to fly to Jabiru oil field off WA coast near Broome, but contract was won by Mayne-Bristow Helicopters. The contract required an Australian operator, so Schreiner linked up with Jayrow Offshore, hence the dual titles. Was to be registered VH-JRO but not taken up - this is the taped over registration on tailboom. The Puma was stored at Perth since mid-1985."

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
David