PDA

View Full Version : airport liaison desk

cessnagirl
27th Oct 2008, 02:35
I've got an interview for a position on an airport liaison desk coming up. It's an entirely new position in the airline I work for and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm doing some research at work as well, but I'd just like another angle on things. Any one done a job like this before? Any advice?

Thanx, CG

no sig
27th Oct 2008, 15:42
cessnagirl

You don't say if this is an ops based role, but if the job description is anything like the ALO function I have set up in the past, and is located within the airline's ops control department, it's likely to be a key position in the overall operational control of the airline.

The requirement for the post is, probably, because airport related tasks are overloading the ops staff to the point where they can't get on with ops control.

I would expect the role to be introduced as a 'single point of contact' for the airport traffic staff, ground handlers, customs and airport agencies, to call for advice and assistance. Equally, the ALO is likely to have the responsibility, e.g. for the relay of operational decisions to airports, will issue authority for passenger welfare and chase delay reasons and work to improve on-time performance.The ALO will be sure to have a key role during diversions in setting up handling etc.

Recording keeping in this position is vital, so the ALO duty log will be most important.

But the job has many functions, too many to go into here; and the role will almost certainly require you to know your Ground Handling Manual inside out and your customer support policies in particular. The accurate relay of information and decisions by ops will be essential, and vice versus, information from the airports to ops is key.

Likely as not, you'll want those in this role to spend some time at each of your airports to get to know their contacts at the other end and perhaps to introduce this role to your handing companies and agents.

Good luck with it cessna girl- dip into your PM mailbox, I've sent you an outline of the job as I know it.

plans123
28th Oct 2008, 14:46
Any chance of a copy of that as well???