PDA

View Full Version : Thailand training

benoit359
27th Oct 2008, 01:23
Hi everyone,

I'm working as cabin crew for EASYJET in France. I'm going to try to have my training made by CTC Aviation.

But if it is not working, I was thinking about a school in Thailand.

Is it a realistic idea ?

If for example, I'm doing the school and finish it becoming commercial pilot, It will be easy for me to find a job ?
Is there any bad impression about commercial pilot training in Thailand ?

Thanks for your help !!

School is Aviation Flight School Thailand [CALC : Civil Aviation Training Center] (http://www.mga.co.th/civil/flight.html)

vlieger
27th Oct 2008, 02:33
Why would you want to go all the way to Thailand? If it's to cut the cost, look at the USA instead (you can do FAA if you intend to fly in Asia).
Many (commercial) Asian pilots don't train in Asia for a good reason, quality isn't very good in general.

Left Wing
27th Oct 2008, 04:41
USA OR AUSTRALIA ! stay away from all schools in Aisa...

Spinner69
27th Oct 2008, 06:04
Definately look at Australia or NZ. There is a Ctc base in Hamilton in NZ. May be worth a crack.

On a slightly more wayward track, ive heard through a mate he saw a Thai company advertising for pilots 737 I think, with a sponsered type rating. Anyone have an idea of with company it maybe? Perhaps one of you local boys can point me in the right direction.....

tbavprof
27th Oct 2008, 10:03
If you are not fluent in Thai or Lao, I recommend you look elsewhere for training. You may find some of your training a bit difficult without knowing the language.

ozthai
27th Oct 2008, 13:54
Forget Thailand and especially CATC.
Your Thai CPL will mean nothing in other countries.
CATC mainly use the Thai language and the standards are way below the likes of Australia.
Also, believe it or not, flying training in Australia is cheaper than Thailand.
I would look at Redcliffe Aero Club in OZ. (Did my training there).
Good luck.

ozthai
27th Oct 2008, 14:15
Could be Platinum Air or Phoenix Air.
Proceed with great caution.
Many "in my dreams I want to own an airline" start up airlines here.
Know of one mob who recruited over 100 cabin crew to crew aircraft that they don't have. (only in their dreams).
Think I should change username.... too obvious who I am if any of them read this.

uhtsky
28th Oct 2008, 08:21
Don't worry ozthai, I think here nobody cares who you are.
Yes, Platinum is in dreaming mode. If nothing comes up next month, we should forget about it. No paid so far, no money-no honey.
No, Phoenix is not. At lease they pay their employees every month. They've already had 1 YS-11 which unfortuneately isn't fit to fly in the today's world. They are now looking for either A319 or B734. A319 would be wet lease, not sure about B734.
You all are right, it's not a good idea to come here and get only Thai CPL back to work in yours or other countries. I don't think its standard is that bad but language would be a problem both during training and after getting your CPL. Remember that Thai CPL will be your original license and you have to get it validated/converted later on.
If you are thinking about being hired in Thailand, it's very small chance or no. So, I would suggest you get FAA or Australian. :ok:

TWN PPL
28th Oct 2008, 10:15
Look into the Philippines. There are few cabin crew from the Middle East airline in training at Cebu. Former QR cabin crew got their training in the Philippines and the company hired them back as pilot. QR have $$ to buy new planes, but the pilot retention rate is low.

Try Philippine