PDA

View Full Version : Operating under another AOC

2001ft
26th Oct 2008, 09:24
Hi all

Wonder if you could help?

If I have my own helicopter, and I am a CPL(H) I either pay £16k to the CAA per annum and have additional tests etc to be able to start my own business and carry fare paying passengers...

or....

I could operate under somebody elses AOC??? How much would that cost? Is it just up to me to negotiate?

Would I still be able to fly as a CPL(H) under that "borrowed" AOC?

Trying to put together my future plans!

Thanks

Martin Barclay
26th Oct 2008, 10:17
I believe the suggestion in the past has been to buy the business which operates the AOC rather than create your own due to the time and hurdles involved. However there are those on the forum who can help with the production of the documentation and you retail full control via this route. In the grand scheme of operating any kind of helicopter business £16K is not a lot of money....

Some businesses do operate under borrowed AOC's but they do tend to be looked down on and resented by those who have spent time and money following the established route.

hostile
26th Oct 2008, 11:43
Operating under "borrowed" AOC?

You don't operate under nothing. AOC owner operates your aircraft and you are on their pilot. All responsibility are in AOC owner. If you have a good idea for make a money with your A/C, some operator might hire you. That's the way it is now a days.

Hostile:ok:

misterbonkers
26th Oct 2008, 17:57
In the UK there is loads of information on the caa's website on what can and can't be and how to go about establishing an aoc, costs etc.

If you're considering getting an r44 there is a different type of A-B AOC that allows you to operate one piston engined aircraft UK mainland only for pleasure flying and charter work - its a lot cheaper than the other one (circa 2000 per annum).

MK10
26th Oct 2008, 18:04
"2001ft" P.M me, I can certainly point you in the direction of an AOC you could "work" under,

Mk10

ChippyChop
26th Oct 2008, 20:31
Hey there 2001!! I don't understand one minute you are a PPL with 87 hours on a 44 now you are a CPL.

You sure work fast!!

2001ft
26th Oct 2008, 20:39
"If I have my own helicopter, and I am a CPL(H) "

as the thread says, I am making plans....

Bravo73
26th Oct 2008, 20:40
Cut him some slack, Chippy. And try reading his post properly next time:

If I have my own helicopter, and I am a CPL(H)...

(My emphasis).

It's a big word, that 'if'... :rolleyes:

Whirlygig
26th Oct 2008, 20:41
2001 doesn't say he or she holds a CPL but IF etc etc....

If I have my own helicopter, and I am a CPL(H)

Cheers

Whirls

Bravo73
26th Oct 2008, 20:44
(Wow. That's a triple http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/10_1_114.giffor Chippy.)

ChippyChop
27th Oct 2008, 08:25
Well I guess I should consider myself privileged to be chastised by such pprune legends!! My English isn't that good, where I come from if a sentence states I am a CPL(H), then that is how I read it.

I agree it states If I have my own helicopter but it doesn't say "and if I am a CPL(H)"

I don't think I was the only one who misinterpreted the statement, sounds like MK10 thought it was current as he was offering an AOC to operate under!!

Many apologies 2001 and good luck with your plans.