PDA

View Full Version : Preferred airline between JNB/CPT and WDH/WVB

VAFFPAX
26th Oct 2008, 00:19
Looks like I'm doing some travelling to the two lovely countries at the bottom of the great dark continent (ahhh, Africa!).

Of course I know that Comair, Air Namibia and SAA are the three big airlines doing WDH/WVB from CPT and JNB, but which ones are the best to use? I'm connecting on VS (has connection to SAA) but Comair should be ok. Air Namibia's website is utterly useless (have they heard of online ticketing?)

Suggestions?

S.

nugpot
26th Oct 2008, 06:43
For CPT-WVB, your only choice currently is SA Express (flysax.com), but Air Namibia will shortly start up on that route.

CPT-WDH is also only SAX and Air Nam.

From JNB, the choice is wider: SAA, SAX, Air Nam and (I think) Comair.

toscana24
26th Oct 2008, 07:07
Try flying JNB/CPT on Kulula ex Lanseria rather than JNB/OR Tambo.

HLA is far more civilised, easy parking, good restaurant, pilot's shop etc.

Voel
26th Oct 2008, 07:41
Try Air Namibia from CPT to WBV. You alomost guranteed of a seat. SAX always full. Air Nam have their first flight today operating a B735. They do have bookings on their website Air Namibia - The Official Airline of Namibia - Home (http://www.airnamibia.com.na). I guess the WVB route is not yet on the site, but give it a try. Is also cheaper than going through travel agent

VAFFPAX
26th Oct 2008, 11:51
The only routes I've seen via Air Namibia are via Oranjemund/Lüderitz, although that sounds more like their flights out of Eros than Kutako. Unless I misunderstand their schedule...

VAFFPAX
26th Oct 2008, 12:03
The only routes I've seen via Air Namibia are via Oranjemund/Lüderitz, although that sounds more like their flights out of Eros than Kutako. Unless I misunderstand their schedule...

S.

Voel
26th Oct 2008, 16:54
They have re-introduced the B735 on the route flying CPT direct WVB. Started to operate w.e.f. today:ok:

VAFFPAX
27th Oct 2008, 19:16
Great, ta. And it goes CPT-WVB-WDH and vice versa?

S.