PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - dry ?

Hostie from Hell
25th Oct 2008, 20:23
Does anyone happen to know if Etihad is a dry airline and do they have a business and first class section?
Thanks.

TheSwede
25th Oct 2008, 20:41
They are not a "dry airline". They have business and also first class on most rutes.

Rainboe
25th Oct 2008, 22:43
Just out of curiosity, if it is a 'not dry' airline, the crew obviously don't mind serving alcohol. Seems sensible and pragmatic, live and let live. So how come in the UK, it is possible to use religion to claim you cannot handle alcohol, for example if you work in Tesco?

Donkey497
26th Oct 2008, 02:48
The "pragmatic approach", as you put it, probably comes about from the cabin crew mainly coming from non-islamic countries, so they themselves are probably not what you could term "orthodox" muslim.

I'd suggest that if you want to compare cases, that you have a thorough read through any given version [there are quite a few] of a bible that you might have handy for all the dietary & other prohibitions it contains. If you behaved truly in the manner described you'd have a very strange lifestyle, avoiding quite a lot of stuff..........

:):):)

wannabe-aviator
26th Oct 2008, 09:31
D497

Amen to every single word you said, you have let your self down with your user name it should be genius not D*NKEY:)

WA:ok:

sparkshy
26th Oct 2008, 14:44
I was brought up as a catholic which stood me in good stead.

I rarely drink anything other than red wine on religious belief.

;)

wawkrk
26th Oct 2008, 16:48
Going off subject I know,are Muslim's allowed to touch Pork in Tesco's?
Just for me to understand.