PDA

View Full Version : Airshow China 2008 (Zhuhai)

Runway101
25th Oct 2008, 15:25
Is somebody here going to the Airshow in China at November 4 or does anybody have past experience?

I am in Hong Kong at that time and thought about a day trip to Zhuhai, which will only take an hour by ferry if I am not wrong. I might also hop to Zhuhai through Shenzhen...

I am also asking myself if there is a way to sneak in on the 'trade visitor' days before the general public days from Nov 7 to 9 (will be in town only till Nov 6).

leopold bloom
25th Oct 2008, 20:05
You can take a ferry directly from HKIA to Macau then cross the border at the Gongbei crossing. The Shenzen route sounds a bit long winded. Make sure you have a visa.

gulliBell
26th Oct 2008, 00:14
Can't you get a 3-day Zhuhai SEZ visa on arrival at the Gongbei checkpoint any more?

mcgnuggitt
12th Nov 2008, 18:59
Hey RWY101, did you get out to Zhuhai? I was there from Tuesday through Thursday...like you I didn't want to be there during the public days.
Pulled some strings and got on board the 'new' Modern Ark MA600.
Wow. What a piece of junk:yuk:
Chinese pilots are BRAVE!
Their passengers must be even MORE brave!:eek:

knox
12th Nov 2008, 19:05
Anyone have any photos?

Knox.

BedakSrewet
13th Nov 2008, 01:11
Care to elaborate on your MA600 experience McGunnit ?

BedakSrewet

Runway101
13th Nov 2008, 05:44
mcgnuggitt:

Unfortunately I wasn't there.

I didn't have any strings to pull so I didn't take the risk showing up without registration.

Photos would be great. All I found was photos and videos of the outdoor flights performed by the PLA. I especially wanted to see how the light aircraft market (Robinson, Schweizer, EC120, also Cessna etc) is doing now in China.

About the MA600 I've read an article where they claimed they already shipped 15 to Africa (Zimbabwe and Zambia), so if you are going to any of the Zs make sure you you are not booked on a modern arc ;-) The lifespan of a Chinese made car is 2-3 years by the way (the engine is usually from japan and would do longer, but rest falls apart in my experience).

ecureilx
13th Nov 2008, 13:56
There was a news that Zeste Air (formerly Asian Spirit - Philippines) has placed orders for these "modern" aircraft.

The stuff seem to sell, if I am to believe the recent sales....

mcgnuggitt
14th Jul 2009, 20:15
Sorry it has been a while. I will do my best to put up some photos of the MA60 / MA600 shortly as I did get a quick tour by the Chief engineer of the program and he was kind enough to let me take some pictures. Mind you, he was sure to turn off the PFD/MFDs.

There's NO door between the cabin and cargo, just walk on back. The galley can't be accessed while standing, and the bins extend over the galley...so you have to crouch.

They're missing a window at the centre barrel, as they couldn't figure out how to maintain strength in the wing / fuse join and keep the window there.

Don't get me started on the seats! And I loved the little floppy "pogo stick"out back for mitigating those pesky loading tipovers!

I'll see if I can set up a "tiny url" and attach it shortly.

Nug