PDA

View Full Version : SVG Air info?

340drvr
25th Oct 2008, 00:01
Anyone have info/comments on SVG Air (St. Vincent/Grenadines)? Pay levels, QOL, working environment, schedules, etc? All I found was a few threads several years old, and plenty of pretty pix on their website. Thanks for any info.

contrabando
26th Oct 2008, 15:05
Currently stuck in Sudan for the money, what else? You'd have to be a complete idiot to be here for any other reason. P.S. There's still plenty of idiots in the world.

Anywho, nothing but good to report on SVG Air. Been in commo with SVG's Paul Gravel for past year. Paul's been trying to get me on but I just need the extra money I can make in Rathole, Africa.

They now have 4 Twotters & looking for crew last I heard which was about a week ago. Pay is roughly $4,000 per month, after taxes if I remember correctly for a Twotter driver. They supply housing & food. Check with Paul to verify all that.

All in all, sounds like a great outfit. Most runs are very short but into some really beautiful areas still somwhat untouched (for the most part) by hordes of tourists looking for a cheap place to spend their dimes. Hopefully they'll remain north of St. Martin/St. Barts. St. Thomas with it's high crime & Sardine can crowding is a great place for them.

My recommendation for SVG Air?

GO!

SpeedyG
7th Nov 2008, 00:52
Do it - Paul Gravel is a gentleman and looking for an honest days work - he will make it and expand .

Not many of this type of company left in this region:ok:

Der absolute Hammer
9th Nov 2008, 22:25
contrabando,
an excellent idea by the way.
Is it possible you could please tell me if JAA/ICAO licences are useful for SVG ?
Would be very interested in flying for them - cannot remember if they run into Barbados? Think that happens in old days.
Any more information is appreciated and would take your advice if possible.
Thanks....DaH

altiplano
16th Nov 2008, 20:44
+1 on Paul Gravel being a decent guy.

I spoke with him a few years ago when I was looking for work in the region. He didn't hire me in the end but he seemed straight up with me about everything.

Young Pilot
29th May 2009, 05:58
What's the latest with SVG Air? Just sent my application in to them. Have only heard good things, however an update is always greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

YP

nichabranker
6th Aug 2010, 23:58
Frightening ...

November 19th 2006, J8-VAX vanished enroute from Bequia to St Vincent.
Captain Dominic Gonsalves and my son Rasheed Ibrahim ...

August 5th 2010 J8-FXY crashed off Bequia near Mustique
Captain Suresh Lakhram missing ... wreckage located ...

What is SVG Air doing ... nothing!

Trinidad divers here ... Trinidad boat expected soon to widen the search for Suresh Lakhram and aircraft pieces ... maybe

AviatorJack
8th Aug 2010, 19:15
I've been in contact with Paul. He had nothing for myself but he sounds like a real decent guy. He's polite, friendly and to be honest one of the only few people in this world thats replies to emails!

I'd love to work in the region, but I suppose I'll have to wait until more work opens up in the future!

Good luck!

helicaptain
12th Aug 2010, 01:47
Any news on Captain Suresh Lahkram being found yet? Does anybody know what parts of the aircraft were found?

Mr_T
3rd Sep 2010, 01:01
Fly Mustique Airways - Those Merlins man, they don't fail