PDA

View Full Version : Keeping ME and SE ratings current

balhambob
24th Oct 2008, 16:54
Hi,

I have recently gained my fATPL but the future looks bleak so going back to work for a few months to earn some cash and reassess in the New Year. I have a couple of questions and would be grateful of any advice:

1) How much flying to a have to do to keep the SEP and MEP ratings valid?
2) the MEP is up in Aug 09 - do I need to do a retest to get another year on this like with the Instrument Rating?

I should really know all this but am struggling to get clear guidance.

Have tried the CAA website but to no avail - if anyone has the answers or can point me in the right direction that would be great. Otherwise I will give the CAA a call

Cheers
Bob

portsharbourflyer
24th Oct 2008, 17:31
SEP, 12 hours including 6 hours p1 and an hour with an instructor in the second year of the rating. An instructor will need to sign the hour instructional flight in your logbook, an examiner will need to sigh off the rating on the relevant page on your licence. If you don't fly the hours then you can revalidate by taking a test with an examiner within three months of the expiry date of the rating.

MEP, No minimum hours you just need to take a test with any multi engine examiner to renew the rating. If you haven't flown ten sectors in a twin in the last twelve months then you will need to fly one nav sector with the examiner. A sector is classed as any flight with at least fifteen minutes in the cruise.

You can combine the MEP renewal with your IR renewal.

selfin
24th Oct 2008, 18:35
http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf

JAR-FCL 1.245

mech500
26th Oct 2008, 18:23
Thanks for the info portsharbourflyer,
just a quick question regarding the renewal of the SEP rating... you mention that an examiner has to sign-off the relevant page in the license. My question is that: do we have to send the license to the CAA (with associated fee) for an examiner to sign-off? or can the SEP be revalidated at my local flying club by an examiner?
Many thanks

mcgoo
26th Oct 2008, 18:38
You can do it at your local club, get the examiner to fill in your license and form SRG 1118 and just send the form to the CAA.