PDA

View Full Version : ATPL(H) to ATPL(A)

allanon1980
24th Oct 2008, 15:15
Hi Guys,

Lets say you start an ATPL(H) course by distance learning, and pass, finish etc If one then wanted to convert to an ATPL(A) would you only have to do those exams specific to fixed wing?

Whirlygig
24th Oct 2008, 18:55
Yes (assuming the modular system) and depending on whether it was an interim (H) course or the new full (H) course, it may only be the Principles of Flight and Performance to sit.

However, under a modular scheme, you do have to have a PPL therefore. if you started ATPL(H) exams, you must have a PPL(H) and similarly for ATPL(A), you should have a PPL(A).

Cheers

Whirls

silvereagle
24th Oct 2008, 19:01
I did it earlier this year. Three more exams - POF, Performance (special exam) and a composite paper. The composite is a bit tricky as it covers all the other subjects. Nothing too traumatic though if you've already done the ATPL(H). PM me if you havve specific questions.

allanon1980
25th Oct 2008, 14:19
Yes, I have my PPL and have just completed my R44 type rating, just have 15 hours to go to have the minimum to start the ATPL's.

Was thinking strongly about Bristol for the modualr course. Is this the interim course of H specific I wonder?

Agaricus bisporus
25th Oct 2008, 14:49
Plus training to pass the GFTs. Plus GFTs. Plus IR.

Plus ££££££

Send your logbook to the CAA for an asessment!

Whirlygig
26th Oct 2008, 17:59
just have 15 hours to go to have the minimum to start the ATPL's.If by ATPLs, you mean the ground theory exams, then there is no minimum hours requirement in order to enrol on a groundschool course. You must hold an ICAO PPL (H) for ATPL(H) and PPL (A) for ATPL(A). The 155 hours requirement is in order to start the CPL flying course and most courses will not let you start the CPL training until you have passsed all the exams.

Is this the interim course of H specific I wonder?It is the interim system. Personally, I'd look at CAPT which is helicopter-specific.

Cheers

Whirls