PDA

View Full Version : Instruments ATPL

skylarker1983
24th Oct 2008, 14:42
Just got the ATP results today and failed insts for the second time:mad: Got 68 on both sittings. I knew the Bristol Q bank inside out and upside down...but got caught out by a number of questions that were not in the bank.
Can anyone recommend some additional stuff that helped?
I remember a couple of the questions that caught me out
1-FADEC-what it does and what it controls..gave a list of 5 or so options like fuel, computer etc
2-Angle of attack sensor.Again, gave a list of 5 or so options.separate pitot,slat/flap sensor?
3-Control wheel steering-question was asking what situations its used in..poor vis etc?
4/5 Questions on autothrottle and yaw damper that weren't in bank

Memory is a bit sketchy, but anyone seen these questions and have and have the specific answers? My Oxford books dont seem to give me the answers:ugh:
Thanks

Nashers
24th Oct 2008, 16:09
you know the bristol question bank inside out... but do you know the subject inside out? that may sometimes help.

RTN11
24th Oct 2008, 16:29
I think you may mean control wheel steering, which is an auto pilot function, rather than nose wheel steering. I don't remember any question involving nose wheel steering.

I don't think you could've passed that exam just using the database. There were quite a few that i'd never seen before, luckily I'm on a groundschool course, so I ended up with 95%.

Good luck with the distance learning.

Peter_CDG
24th Oct 2008, 19:39
Use AviationExam for instruments. They have the missing questions.