PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure flying opportunities in Israel

johned0
23rd Oct 2008, 16:01
Hi all,

I have to go out to Israel on business and thought I would tack on a few days pleasure. I would like to hire a helicopter (R44, JetRanger, EC120 or similar) with an instructor for a few hours flying.

Unfortunately, all of the schools I have spoken to only have 22s and leaving mrs Ed in the shops would turn out to be much more expensive than taking her flying ;)

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks very much,

John

JTobias
23rd Oct 2008, 17:13
Hi

I travel to Israel every month and as I own a Jet Ranger in the U.K. am also looking. I have found a fixed wing flying club (I fly fixed wing too) in Herzliya and I am due to fly with them on my next trip.

I discussed the possibility of obtaining a Jet Ranger too. They indicated they could get hold of one and I am due to pursue it on my next trip in two weeks.

You will need to arrange basic security clearance before flying. This can be done by establishing contact with a club and sending out copies of your passport and PPL. All airspace in Israel is operated by the military and there are notified VFR routes that can be flown. It's not advisable to stray off them! (If you think straying off the London Heli Routes is a problem you don't want to stray off these ones!)

PM me directly if you want and we can discuss by phone.

Joel