PDA

View Full Version : Instructor rating in spain

nezzer
23rd Oct 2008, 15:59
Hi everyone,

Looking to do a instructor rating in spain as dont want to pay £6000 on average which i am looking to pay here in the uk. just wonderd if anyone could reccomend anywhere in spain which is cheap and cheerful but also can deliver i know iam asking alot there but worth a post cheers neil:ok:

Mickey Kaye
23rd Oct 2008, 17:26
Having recently had dealings with Kevin Rowell at Advanced Flight Training at Sherburn I can absolutely recommend him. He may well be few more quid more than spain but he is bloody good shows real enthusiasm and makes the course great fun.

Afterwards you will be able to teach absolutly any lession in total confidence.

I don't know if his sphere of influence extends to leicester but certainly around here if your not a cock he gets on the phone and get you a job as well.

Top bloke. Top training.

fadedfootpaths
23rd Oct 2008, 17:53
Aerofan FTO
AEROFAN FTO (http://www.aerofanfto.com/OLD/fi_i.htm)

Thats a pretty cheap one.

Good luck:ok:

Capt Loop
23rd Oct 2008, 18:33
I looked at going to Spain for my instructors rating but was able to complete the course in England by completeing the course by doing three working days a week.

When I started applying for an instructor job it was interesting that the two flying schools I approached wanted to know that I had done the course locally.

In fact at the two flying schools they would NOT have been interested had I taken the course in Spain........

Find out if the local flying schools you would want to work at feel the same way.

clear prop!!!
23rd Oct 2008, 21:16
Capt Loop has done his homework and come up with the right conclusion.

As an ex instructor, believe me....If you want a UK FI job there is only one place to do your FIR ..and that is here in the UK.

I won't get into the whole Spanish debate, but Spanish schools have a crap reputation amoungst most UK FTO's and examiners ...I obviously don't include FTE.

As more and more would-be Airline pilots go down the FI route over the next few years, don't give yourself the hint of a minus point by not doing your FIR here. Buy cheap... you will pay later!

coodem
27th Oct 2008, 19:29
I will 2nd that. If you want a job in the UK, do it here.

BigGrecian
27th Oct 2008, 20:27
I agree with the comments about Spain - their IRs are regarded in pretty much the same light.

I know of quite a few people who did FI(R) at a UK JAA FTO on the East Coast of Florida, and all of them got jobs almost straight away after their necessary evaluation flight/interview with their prospective employer.
They all said they got a good course and are all now employed, ranging from small local flying clubs to the large FTOs.

corsair
28th Oct 2008, 23:14
Not saying where he did his training. But there was one 'Instructor' who on his assessment flight climbed with the stall warning blaring away. On being asked what the f*** he was doing replied. 'Is okay, it's just a warning, ees not stalled yet'.

If there's any course, you don't want to go cheap. It's the Instructor course.

LH2
29th Oct 2008, 12:54
Ah, the usual well-informed, first-hand, and above all totally disinterested advice about training in Spain. :E