PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet Selection Process

pablod
23rd Oct 2008, 10:53
I've been invited to attend an aptitude test for cityjet next week. The details I have been passed are;

The tests are (non aviation related) Technical Abilities Tests and a Personality Questionnaire. You do not need to bring anything with you, as all items will be provided. The tests will take approximately 4 hours.

Can anyone elaborate on this? What type of tests are involved? Also I'm interested to hear what the next phase/phases involve and a rough guide to the timeline involved.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

portsharbourflyer
24th Oct 2008, 17:22
All the tests are multiple choice, just completed from a test book on paper.

Four sets of test, first one is a maths test, quite challenging make sure you are up to speed on algebra, fraction addition and multiplication.

Second test is the patterns and sequence type questions, you'll be given an array of patterns, shapes, lines and you will need select the item which comes next in the sequence.

The third test is spatial reasoning, each question consists of a cube with patterns on, then you will be shown four cubes unfolded in a 2D view, you will need to select the 2D view which folds into the 3D view.

Then the next test is a mechanical reasoning, this consists of number of diagrams showing various mechanisms, sort of question is if you pull this lever to the left which way does part b move type thing.

All test are timed, near impossible to finish the questions in the time.

There is also a personality questionaire with a few verbal reasoning questions.

The interview, I found to be very informal, more of a chat about your background. I had read on previous posts there would be technical questions but I didn't get any technical questions at the interview.

pattle
28th Oct 2008, 11:22
When did you guys apply for Cityjet? I sent my CV in online a few months ago, which I felt was strong enough to at least warrant a rejection e-mail (commercial experience, FI rating + all first time passes) and have not heard a peep.

Pixie Queen
29th Oct 2008, 00:19
From the sounds of that test(s), I'm certain that they will weed out those who can fly an airplane and those that are good at test taking. (NOT!)

It's amazing that these management types believe these tests have ANY value whatsoever. :ugh:

No offense to you test takers, but after all these years of world aviation and airline existance, this is niether useful or productive.

arsilva
29th Oct 2008, 00:59
They replied my... but they told me my flight experience was no suitable for them

So i take the chance to ask you whats your flying experience?

i agree with you USAPAScabs.

Dick_Dasterdly
30th Oct 2008, 12:26
Aptitude tests are helpful, people who say they are rubbish are, well wrong, companies besides airlines have been using these for years/decades, can they really be so wrong and you so right.... probably not... if you are good at them, it shows your basic ability at maths and reasoning out problems... really dont want to get into teh nitty gritty, but if anybody has one coming up, practice!

bucko
24th Nov 2008, 18:50
Are Cityjet still recruiting FO's at the moment?

diarmuid8
25th Nov 2008, 10:07
I hear.........they'll let anyone in there!! Even Mutley, the snickering hound!!

Papa Burgundy
25th Nov 2008, 11:22
Hey,

When did you guys apply/get told you'd passed phase 1? I've been hold (on passing Phase 1) for a couple of months now!

exekpilot
30th Nov 2008, 21:13
A friend of mine told me that they will be hiring after the holidays

bgreenboxb
3rd Dec 2008, 19:14
Does anyone have any advice on the actual interview itself?
This would be great information to have on this thread.
I have read on other posts that it is quite informal and more of a nice chat?
Anyone in the know, or has been there? Any examples of questions they were asked? Or what they have heard from others on that grape vine of aviation!

Thanks! :ok:

portsharbourflyer
3rd Dec 2008, 19:36
bgreenbox,

Read my above post and it will confirm exactly what you have just written.

All they did at the interview was ask about all the stuff I had done in the past based on the details on my CV.

DeltaT
13th Dec 2008, 23:03
Does anyone have an idea on how long it takes to get through the entire selection process? from the first call of invitation to do the paper tests through to getting a final 'yes you are hired'?
Do they base any pilots at BHX?, can't see it on the list on pprunejobs website