PDA

View Full Version : UK LFC Sample

PPRuNeUser0211
22nd Oct 2008, 14:10
Once again I resort to prune to bail me out!

Current job is off-camp and I need a sample of an LFC to give a presentation to a bunch of civvies. Ideally coverage would be the lake district, but any upland-ish area would do. Anyone got any links to or can anyone provide me with said sample? On a non-intranet computer and don't have access to one. I've got a cupboard full of the damn things at home but won't be going back there before said presentation.

Cheers in advance!

edit to add Half mil ideally but could live with a quarter mil in the absence of anything else!

Wader2
22nd Oct 2008, 14:16
pba, when do you need it by?

I need it too so no sweat off my nose copying it to you. I can do it later on today.

PPRuNeUser0211
22nd Oct 2008, 14:27
Wader, winner, need it really by the end of the week, any chance of a copy of the lake district?

Wader2
22nd Oct 2008, 14:57
Tonight?

PM with your email address.

See PM

spheroid
22nd Oct 2008, 17:30
I've got a cupboard full of the damn things at home

Why................. ?

L J R
22nd Oct 2008, 17:57
What has the Liverpool Football Club (LFC) got to do with us here...? are they moving to the Lakes District?.

taxydual
22nd Oct 2008, 18:23
Ministry of Defence | About Defence | What we do | Air Safety and Aviation | LowFlying | Low Flying Today (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/AirSafetyandAviation/LowFlying/)

I don't know if it's of any use seeing as it's published by MoD.

Oh, hush my mouth!!

Good luck with the presentation. I did a couple many years ago. Got away from the hostiles by the skin of my teeth!!

There's always one in the audience.

:ok:

Pontius Navigator
22nd Oct 2008, 19:08
Ah truth central.

Anyone got a link to that wonderful movie made on the loop? I think it rather better than the tea bag commercial I have got from truth central.

Belay that, Welcome to RCFlights (http://www.rcflights.co.uk)

All I need now is a clip I can play at a presentation.

PPRuNeUser0211
22nd Oct 2008, 19:27
Cheers taxy, had the background gen already. Thankfully I'm from a farming background so can usually fend off the worst!

taxydual
22nd Oct 2008, 19:58
PBA, I'm from farming stock too. I learned to ALWAYS enquire about their stock before answering their problems.

I wonder (in hindsight) if that's why I was Joe'd to do it in the first place.

Although, I met a cracking girl in Ennerdale who was into uniforms. She'll be in her 50's now, shame, but the memory lingers on...............................

taxydual
22nd Oct 2008, 20:20
Further to my last....

Reminds me that about a year after the Ennerdale public relations bit, and the Ennerdale barmaid, I had to go back for some reason or other.

Lo and behold, I met the same barmaid. Though, this time, she was pushing a pram.

'Hi' I said 'How's you?'

'Oh, I'm fine' she replied 'I've got a 3 month old daughter'.

Bit of rapid maths in the head followed by the sound of pennies dropping.

'But why didn't you let me know' says I 'I would have stood by you?'

'Oh' she replied ' We discussed it in the family and decided it would be better to have a bastard in the family than someone from the Royal Air Force'.

:):):):)

glad rag
22nd Oct 2008, 22:08
Nope, not laughing at all.

EESDL
23rd Oct 2008, 07:47
Would appreciate up-to-date contact to get hold of an LFC 3&4 (Ideal for planning purposes)
Contact on old publications that I have in 'bottom of wardrobe' does not work!

Pontius Navigator
23rd Oct 2008, 08:03
Hate to use ths word here but AIDU?

EESDL
23rd Oct 2008, 11:28
sorry assumed that readers would think I had done the obvious first

AIDU
DGIA(UK)
Northolt
HMSO

have tried numerous telephone numbers, sent faxes(?) and emailed but links have failed to get through to someone who can help or is willing to help.
rather than waste more time - thought I'd use pprune to get in touch with someone who might have access to current example and could forward me relevant details whilst I look elsewhere.

:ugh: