PDA

View Full Version : Eurocypria Airlines flight 824

allymc316
22nd Oct 2008, 08:45
Hey,

My brother was on this flight from larnaca to BFS this morning. The flight started to take off and the captain aborted takeoff due to smoke in the cabin. the flight is now delayed for over 7 hours.

Any ideas of what could of caused this?

he is just worried about the flight home and looking for reassurance

(mods sorry if i am in the wrong section)

thanks
Allymc316

gulfboy
22nd Oct 2008, 09:01
Eurocypria?
That sounds like something your doctor would prescibe antibiotics for!

Doors to Automatic
22nd Oct 2008, 10:53
Probably a faulty a/c pack or something. Whatever it is it will be replaced and fixed so there is nothing to worry about.

mathers_wales_uk
22nd Oct 2008, 11:03
7 hours is nothing compared to the 24 hour re-schedule they done on the 898/899 sunday just gone. That was also due to a tech aircraft. I believe that the delay is more or less retrieving a part to fix the problem as their on an island it would be required to be flown in

Rainboe
22nd Oct 2008, 11:47
True they're only on an island, but what could have caused it could be any of multiple failures. Oil in airconditioning ducts, overheating units...... if the cause was actual fire, then the aeroplane will be out of service for a while. These incidents are not that unusual, but because of the dangers of real fire, every case is handled with maximum caution.

manflexsrsrwy
22nd Oct 2008, 19:21
gulfboy, u racist ignorant prat:mad:

captplaystation
22nd Oct 2008, 21:49
Racist ? ? don't see how you jump to that conclusion.
Just a bit of a play on words for anyone who has a sense of humour ( which appears not to include you := )

Rainboe
22nd Oct 2008, 23:18
I'd leave out the racist bit myself, but ignorant prat hits it right on the head! This is a Professional Pilots website. Eurocypria is a well known airline. You have to be an ignorant prat to come here and flaunt your airline ignorance....you know, where the airline people hang out. Oh....and not funny. Not in the least.

Shack37
23rd Oct 2008, 01:46
Rainboe

I rarely disagree with you, mostly out of fear of your potential reply or being caught out in grammatical error but do lighten up a wee bit. I would have thought you of all people would have enjoyed a harmless play on words and it's not evidence that the poster doesn't know what Eurocypria is.

"This is a Professional Pilots website. Eurocypria is a well known airline. You have to be an ignorant prat to come here and flaunt your airline ignorance....you know, where the airline people hang out. Oh....and not funny."

It's the SLF forum.............you know, where the pax hang out.