PDA

View Full Version : Rules and regulations concerning part 141 training.

underdawg
21st Oct 2008, 06:15
Hello.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, however it does seem like the correct place.

Anywho, my question is this; How are the rules and regulations regarding a part 141 flight training programme, and a flightschools right to kick you out?

A few at the school I attend have been thretend with just this due to inactivity (over 30 days), and I have tried to find any confiirmation that this is an actual rule or not..?

Hope that someone here can help!

Thank you.

tbavprof
21st Oct 2008, 09:46
There's no specific "timing" rules in the 141 regs. But everything is dependent on the approved syllabus. If there are timelines, along with the stages, then you may very well be subject to being tossed from the program.

From a practical standpoint, after a 30-day layoff (inactivity), you're simply not going to be as sharp. One of the reasons those hours are reduced in 141 compared to 61, is that you're expected to progress through the stages in a regular, timely fashion. Even if you remain in the program, you'll probably be shelling out some extra money for additional training to get through your next stage check.

If you can't fly regularly, or need to take off for an extended period, Part 61, even with those extra few hours required, may wind up being cheaper in the long run than 141 plus additional training.