PDA

View Full Version : Pam (Air) 429

JeffX52
20th Oct 2008, 19:44
hello! any one know if there is a digital version of Pam (Air) 429?
if so do you have a link to the page?

thanks

X52

ZH875
20th Oct 2008, 20:06
Nothing for you to worry about AIDU, stick to Janet and John.:ooh:

JeffX52
20th Oct 2008, 20:12
oops, sorry its an RAF guideline(s) book.( or rather Pamphlet)
for instance pam air 226 is the arctic survival pamphlet.

Pontius Navigator
22nd Oct 2008, 19:12
Jeff, I had a search today. Any idea what the subject matter is? If it is one of the survival series they were like the proverbial back in the 50s. You would have thought they would have been issued one each - desert, arctic etc so we could study before hand. No, they were in the survival packs. The desert one would probably have been ideal in the arctic as dual purpose toilet paper and firelighter. The survival pack would probably have had a deficiency chit for the white one.

The other most useful piece of paper was the one produced by AIDU.

taxydual
22nd Oct 2008, 20:03
Anybody remember the classic line in the Desert Survival Pam?

'Sandfly Fever
To avoid Sandfly Fever, avoid being bitten by Sandflies'

Brilliant. Good old Air Ministry. I wonder if things have changed? :):)

Pontius Navigator
22nd Oct 2008, 20:38
I remember the bit about keeping one's hands off the sheiks daughter if one wished to leave with all one's body parts in the right places and fully functional.

I still have the gooli chit. (two for good measure). The wording was a classic too. "You will be sufficiently rewarded." What was wrong with a bit of understatment - lavishly - massively - enriched beyond the dreams

Dear Friend, I am a British airman. I do not come here to do any harm to you who are my friends. I am only here because of an accident to my aircraft. If you will assist me, my Government sufficiently reward you s soon as I am returned to safety.

Mmmm

MrBernoulli
22nd Oct 2008, 21:10
And your government can't do that any more because it has spent all the money on banks that got themselves into trouble? British servicemen? Forget it, your cannon fodder ..............

JeffX52
22nd Oct 2008, 22:33
Had no look on the intranet. Thanks for the input! Spoke with my oc about it and it would appear that no one actually knows what this pam air is about or what its called! But my problem is solved. If the raf is cannon fodder what would you call the paras? :d X52

circle kay
23rd Oct 2008, 08:50
Desert Survival was/is Pam Air 225.

Still got a copy in the office just in case have to crash land in a Lanc or a Valletta:)

FCWhippingBoy
23rd Oct 2008, 09:30
The only Pam (AIR) I know of is the one they give you when your on a fizzer :}

Wensleydale
23rd Oct 2008, 09:46
You'll find one on Amazon, although its spelt "Pam Ayres". I was particularly fond of her ditty "If I'd only looked after me teeth".

Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick again? :bored:

circle kay
23rd Oct 2008, 12:22
FCWhippingBoy,

That will be PAM(Air) 393, I may have read that more than once as well.

PAM(Air) 428 is:

ALCOHOL MISUSE MEASURES TO COUNTER HARMFUL USE OF ALCOHOL

A GUIDE FOR COMMANDING OFFICERS, FLIGHT COMMANDERS AND SUPERVISORS

So... is 429, joining instructions for The Priory :)

Wader2
23rd Oct 2008, 13:25
The RAF Museum has extensive archives unfortunately it does not appera to have an online catalogue. It really depends on how keen you are to seek out the truth.