PDA

View Full Version : RAF Police

bowly
20th Oct 2008, 16:28
Quick question. Do the RAF Police have the same powers of detention as the civilian police? For Example, if a civilian was apprehended on a married patch acting suspiciously (outside the wire but still on a part of the station that the filth patrol), can he/she be arrested and held in custody until the civilian plods arrive?

Daf Hucker
20th Oct 2008, 16:30
I think that on some stations they are sworn in as special constables to the local police force, with whatever powers go with that.

Culio
20th Oct 2008, 16:33
Well, I would expect so, seen as there is such a thing as citizens arrest! I'm a civvy and I could detain someone until the police arrived, so I expect they will be able to also :)

threeputt
20th Oct 2008, 16:34
WTF has this got to do with military aircraft operations?

3P:rolleyes:

gar170
20th Oct 2008, 16:40
Don't know about the same powers but are about as useful.:rolleyes:

dallas
20th Oct 2008, 16:53
WTF has this got to do with military aircraft operations?

3P:rolleyes:
It's another "...backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the groun.." Oh no, sorry, my mistake - the RAFP have nothing to do with it.

airborne_artist
20th Oct 2008, 16:54
civilian was apprehended on a married patch acting suspiciously

You probably can't carry out a Citizen's Arrest for acting suspiciously. The only grounds are:

• Arrest for an "indictable offence" under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
• Arrest of persons committing, or about to commit a Breach of the Peace under common law.
• Use of reasonable force to prevent crime or arrest offenders or persons unlawfully at large under the Criminal Law Act 1967.

greycoat
20th Oct 2008, 17:42
It is/was the case that MOD plod had the powers of a PC within 5 miles of the military establishment. Or so we were told at Stafford a few years ago

bowly
20th Oct 2008, 18:01
Many thanks for the gen which helps me out a lot.

Arbie
20th Oct 2008, 19:19
Why, Bowly, what are you planning to do on the patch...?!

Champagne Anyone?
20th Oct 2008, 19:30
They all have the common law powers of arrest.

So yes they can and no I won't go into them here.

Dog sitting for Champs...... ;)

bowly
20th Oct 2008, 20:25
Just a question I was asked today and I didn't know the answer! I'm not planning any major daffodil bulb rustling!

scarecrow450
20th Oct 2008, 21:23
A few RAFP told me they do not have any powers over civvies on or off the patch but a civ plod told me they do have the same powers as civ plod. Just don't think any one told RAFP ? :ugh:

Winco
21st Oct 2008, 04:05
I seem to recall a few years ago the story of a civilian who arrived at a well known Mushroom farm base, and announced his arrival by driving his car into a building on the camp, totally ar$eholled.

The RAF police said that they couldn't breatherlise him as he was a civvie and they had no powers over him, so they called in the Civvie police.

They said that they couldn't breatherlise him, as the incident occurred on MOD property and they had no powers, and thus the chap was eventually let off, with neither bunch of policemen knowing who could do what, and to whome. A complete shambles.

Makes you wonder why we have civvie policemen at military airshows I suppose.

Blacksheep
21st Oct 2008, 06:51
Military establishment, military law. You're drunk if in the the opinion of a superior officer you're drunk. No breathalyzer needed.

Educated Armourer
21st Oct 2008, 07:39
Three coppers died and went to heaven. St Peter asked the first what he did during his life and he replied that he was in CID. "That's great" said St Peter, "sit on God's right hand side, he loves detectives". He then asked the second the same question and the reply was that he had been FBI. "That's great" said St Peter, "go and sit on God's left hand side, he loves detectives and all that exciting police stuff". St Peter then turned to the third copper and asked the same question. The third replied that he had been in the RAF Police. "That's great" said St Peter, "can you look after the gate, I'm gagging for a P!$$"

NutLoose
21st Oct 2008, 11:11
They used to throw their dummies out when you showed your ID card to the Dog and when asked why by the said Dog Handler, you informed him that the dog was 99% of the brains of the outfit.... :ok:

scarecrow450
21st Oct 2008, 12:20
RAFP paid the same as techies, blimey no wonder the country's skint !!!! :eek:

Doobs
21st Oct 2008, 13:22
It looks like this thread is going to bring up all the hilarious jokes about showing ID's to Police Dogs. Its amazing how everyone has claimed to do that but very few have or would have dared to !

Higher pay band sounds good to me. How do I join??

Doobs

Hamish 123
21st Oct 2008, 16:47
During the ball after my graduation parade at Cranwell in the early eighties, an RAFP who was on my flight (coming up from the ranks), with whom I thought I had a cordial enough relationship throughout IOT, sidled up to me and said something along the lines of "I'll be watching you . . . wherever you're posted, I'll be looking out for you, and if you make a single mistake . . . ".

To this day, I still cannot think what I did to deserve such special treatment.

bit-twiddler
21st Oct 2008, 20:49
For some reason I always remember the old line about "The difference between Hitler and the RAFP was that at least Hitler was a real corporal".

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 17:57
It seems funny that everybody seems to just belittle the RAFP for being 'plastic' Corporals and seem to forget all about the 'plastic' NCO Aircrew, nurses & PTI's!

Everybody does there bit, regardless of trade!

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 18:16
Just to answer the question, yes RAFP can arrest civilians on the married patch under PACE
ie.

Any person other than a constable may arrest anyone, without warrant:
1) If they see somebody commiting an offence
2) If they believe that somebody is about to commit an offence
30 if they believe that somebody has just committed an offence

*This is not vebatim by the way, but in my own words.

Alot of RAFP are sworn in as constables by the local constabulary, or even when not, if they are called to assist the local police, then they are operating under the Chief Constable of that force. Hence why alot of RAFP are equipped with 'Airwaves' Radios so they are in touch with the local Police.

I have known RAFP to arrest (or to detain until arrival by Civilian Police)civilians outside the fenceline on many occasions although they are always handed over to the local Police as soon as possible.
In many cases RAFP are called upon to assist the local Police in situations like for example: attending RTC's and providing back-up to fights etc.
I know that on alot of stations now, the RAFP patrol the local towns at night (like the RMP and RN Police do) to ensure that service personnel are behaving themselves etc. Sometimes this is carried out as joint patrols with the local Police or by themselves.

Civilian Police operate at Airshows under the invitation of the RAF Police, mainly due to the fact that the RAFP do not have the manpower to Police such large scale events, and plus that its always easier and more applicable for Civilian Police or MOD Police to arrest Civilians.

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 18:23
I'm not putting down any trade, especially not our heroic Aircrew!:ok:

I'm just saying that its pathetic that some individuals seem to belittle the RAFP for being A/Cpl's. It's not there fault! Yes they need the rank for authority. This is the case in every MP force!

At the end of the day, the RAFP trade was offered the chance for all Cpl's to be made substansive rank or get the higher pay band. They took the Higher pay band whilst the PTI's took the substansive rank.

As for the back stabbing, I'm sure it happens in every trade in the Airforce, no matter what trade, not to mention civilian life.

As for the other topic, I think you will find that, that the RAFP have more training than a Civilian Cop, just take a look at there training course!!! Its longer, and more indepth especially with investigations, report writting, statement training etc. Hence why Hampshire Police started copying alot of RAFP course design.

The RAF Police are there to Police the RAF, not civilians.
The Civilian Police have to deal with the dregs of society day in, day out!
The RAFP do not! Maybe its because RAF Personnel, being so highly intelligent indivduals, don't commit crime, or maybe its because they have a more intelligent type of criminal!
What ever the case they do a very good job to a high standard! Have you seen what they do in Basra for instance????
Every trade has a job to do in the RAF, and they do an amazing job, END OF!!!!!:ok:

spheroid
8th Nov 2008, 18:28
Military establishment, military law. You're drunk if in the the opinion of a superior officer you're drunk. No breathalyzer needed

Very true. I think that it is also against the AF Act to be Drunk. Whereas in civvyland it is not against the law to be drunk....but it is to be Drunk and disorderly.

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 18:41
Authority as in a Policing perspective and not just so they can 'lord' it over everybody else!

Under Military Law (Drink Driving), if a Service Policeman believes that your BREATH, ACTION & GAIT is that of an intoxicated person, they can arrest you. A doctor then needs to be summoned at the earliest opportunity to prove that the person is drunk.

Obviously in Gib, Germany & Cyprus etc, the Service Police have breathalysers and intoximeter machines and therefore do do need a doctor to prove drunk. It is under consideration at the moment that this might soon happen in the UK.

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 18:51
Service Police DO NOT need the authority of the local Police to drive off base in marked vehicles these days. This was changed a few years ago and approved by the Assoc. of Chief Police Officers and the Home Office, that the Service Police are a recognised Police Force in the UK.

Service Police CAN use blue lights and sirens off base and this was approved at the same time. This is now covered under the Traffic Lighting Regulations that also covers EOD, Mountain Rescue etc. Use of these is restricted to the same criteria as civilian Police. ie. no blue lighting for pizzas etc! (unless your Met Police!):}

All new RAFP, RN Police and RMP vehicles are all marked the same as Civilian Police vehicles with Blue & Red Lights (no yellow lights for RAFP Police anymore - which was for Airfield Driving!) and battenburg livery. They carry the service crest on the doors and bonnet with RAFP/RNP/RMP on bonnet.

timex
8th Nov 2008, 20:14
So you have the same powers of arrest as any member of the public?

themightyimp
8th Nov 2008, 21:15
Hence why alot of RAFP are equipped with 'Airwaves' Radios so they are in touch with the local Police.

Don't talk utter, utter, sh1te. All Defence users are entitled to use airwave. It is not, nor ever will be, a centrally funded programme nor is it any indication whatsoever of any powers entrusted by any other agency using it you Muppet.

Possession of Airwave is no entitlement to be "in touch with the local Police"; indeed you can have the system and local plod can tell you to Foxtrot Oscar. Given your lack of knowledge this should be the default option................... :ugh:

themightyimp
8th Nov 2008, 21:19
All new RAFP, RN Police and RMP vehicles are all marked the same as Civilian Police vehicles

They carry the service crest on the doors and bonnet with RAFP/RNP/RMP on bonnet.

So not the same then.............. :D

It's surprising how small they try and make the RAF bit beside the Police logo.

Should have.................

Got.............................

A................................

Real............................

Job......................................................... .............................

ScottishCop
9th Nov 2008, 08:19
RAFP being equppied with Airwaves is at the the REQUEST of the civilian Police!

BEagle
9th Nov 2008, 09:00
Thanks for the interesting information, ScottishCop.

And well done for ignoring the twittering of PPRuNe's resident thrush.

cazatou
9th Nov 2008, 12:43
BEagle

Would that "Thrush" be "Turdus Musicus" or the type that makes you scratch?

ScottishCop
9th Nov 2008, 13:01
No problem!
Now that the original question has been answered, I think this thread can be closed, without turning it into a slagging match.:ok:

NutLoose
9th Nov 2008, 17:00
For what it is worth I did feel sorry for a lot of them....... the "Join the RAF Police", posters showing lots of interesting things to do..... shooting around with your blue flashing lights on your Range Rover etc..... to reality...... Congratulations and welcome to the RAF Police, your first posting is to RAF Germany, see that glass box........ go sit in it for 3 years and watch that section of fence......... welcome to the real world.

Sad but that is what happened

Logistics Loader
9th Nov 2008, 17:07
only reason for RAF Policemen..

the dogs cant drive the range rovers or operate the airwaves radios...

i found out what
Q-POL-PS means

Qualified Policeman Padlock Shaker !!

Jim Davidson spouted a good joke in FI circa 83...

3 recruits went to Hendon Police college...

1st recruit scores 100 % sent to Flying Squad

2nd recruit scores 95% sent to Met Police Vice Squad

3rd recruit scores 40% REJECT..... RAF POLICE !!!!

ROFLMAO !!!!

B_Fawlty
10th Nov 2008, 12:05
Would that "Thrush" be "Turdus Musicus" or the type that makes you scratch?

I'd hazard a guess and say that it depends on the type of (ahem) "nest" possessed by the recipient. :}

themightyimp
11th Nov 2008, 21:54
RAFP being equppied with Airwaves is at the the REQUEST of the civilian Police!

Since when did the CIVPOL determine what the MILITARY do? Ask them to pay for it cos I am not and I ask for the money. Nerrxxxxxxxxtttttttttt......................... :ugh:

themightyimp
11th Nov 2008, 22:09
only reason RAF Movers........................ None that I can think of.

3 Airmen went to Armed forces pay review body...

1st Airmen scores 100 % put on high pay band. He is a Techie after all.

2nd Airmen scores 95% put on high pay band. He is an RAF Policeman after all.

3rd Airmen scores 40% REJECT..... RAF MOVER !!!! LOW PAY BAND.

ROFLMAO !!!! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

As a minimum they (I am not a mover) get you there and back (if you have ever been) and bring home our dead. WTF do you do you ******* t0$$p0t???

pigsinspace
12th Nov 2008, 01:24
Simple Question this....but how do movers get you there and back?
I thought that was the Aircraft, Aircrew, Techies...

The movers check in the bags, lose a few, damage a few and then tell blatant lies about aircraft delays..(never a movements or pax fault is it?) always a tech delay.

So movers get you there and back...wow thats a good one,

Do the check in staff at you holiday airport get you there and back? Do the baggage handlers?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Its the Aircraft and drivers that do.

November4
12th Nov 2008, 08:07
:D :D

Here we go.....bashed the RAFP.....move onto the Movers.....

Knife.....confiscated.....

Bags lost......

Wouldn't let me on theflight 2 mins before take off.....

:E

Logistics Loader
12th Nov 2008, 08:30
N4...

easy answer pal...

turn up ON TIME !!!

you wont get away with it on easyjet or BA etc...

Some WC... sorry Wg Cdr thought RHIP...!! he turned up late for his flight, and duly told to go to Hannover to get back to UK as the aircraft was full...!!
Indulgence pax loaded in his seat .. unlucky !!

cornish-stormrider
12th Nov 2008, 08:45
Log loader, might I suggest you boot onto arrse and see what the brown thinks of your trade abilities. It's a bloody good job they have a sense of humour about the whole movements game. And for the record neither the RAFP nor the movements trade inspire me with anything other than sheer dread. All my experiences are of petty self serving jobsworths who delight in enforcing bullsh^t and making others look small. I'm not saying there are no good pigs or movers but I have never met one - they nust be very rare indeed.

Jumping_Jack
12th Nov 2008, 09:34
Boooooorrrrrrrriiiinnnggggggg!!!!

November4
12th Nov 2008, 12:43
LogsLoader.....Mr E.....h - that was a sarcastic post - trying to save everyone time by postings the typical comments that are always used to bash the movers.

btw.....I was a mover for 22 years

Airborne Aircrew
12th Nov 2008, 16:28
I was a mover for 22 years

Did anything actually get "moved" during that time? :}

Sorry, couldn't resist...

sittingstress
12th Nov 2008, 19:05
Scottish Cop said:

As for the other topic, I think you will find that, that the RAFP have more training than a Civilian Cop, just take a look at there training course!!! Its longer, and more indepth especially with investigations, report writting, statement training etc. Hence why Hampshire Police started copying alot of RAFP course design.

As a Met student officer now I think I am in a position to offer the facts regarding his ridiculous claims mentioned above.

1. Training Length. The RAF careers website informs us that the basic RAFP course is 22 weeks in duration. Mine is 25 weeks followed by the balance of a 2 year probation during which 6 further weeks of training are carried out. All this just to be confirmed in role.

2. Statement taking is not difficult as it is all about following the correct sequence and ensuring all the details are noted in full. Even as a student I have lost count of the amount of statements I have taken during my practical "on Borough" training. I am led to believe that to be PEACE (the method of conducting an interview) trained in the RAFP is not the norm. All officers in the Met are taught this on the student course.

3. Investigation is our bread and butter. I doubt very much that the average RAFP person investigates in a year what the average PC investigates in a month.

4. Hampshire have not copied any of the course design from basic RAFP training as all Police training is laid down and conducted through the IPLDP process under the auspices of the NPIA (National Police Improvement Agency).

In short I would suggest that RAFP and Met Police training are entirely different, and so they should be. They are used to meet an entirely different set of challenges for the recipients.

Your training is not better than ours or vice versa, just different.

End of sensible reply.

Start of sarcastic reply.

I am not a COP. I am a police officer, or constable if you wish to be nice, or a plethora of derogatory terms if you don't.

Your course must be outstanding if it as indepth at "report writting" as you claim :)

No matter what you are still a RAF Copper and are by default loathed.

Fiat Justicia my friend!

bowly
12th Nov 2008, 19:40
T'was just a simple question................

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2008, 20:02
Not a copper?

does not stand for "constable on patrol" or "constabulary of police".
The noun "cop" (first attested meaning "policeman" in 1859) is short
for "copper" (first attested meaning "policeman" in 1846). "Copper"
in this sense is unlikely to derive from copper buttons or shields
worn by early policemen. Rather, dictionaries derive it from "to
cop" (first attested meaning "to grab" in 1704 and meaning "to
arrest" in 1844). "To cop" may come Dutch kapen = "to steal"; or
it may come from Old French dialect caper = "to take", from Latin
capere.

November4
12th Nov 2008, 20:24
Did anything actually get "moved" during that time?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Occassionally.... not necessarily to the right place or at the right time but...every once in a while...it did..:O :O

Cpl Plod
12th Nov 2008, 21:16
Start of sarcastic reply

I am not a COP

Quite right young fellah ( ;) ), as you already pointed out earlier in your post, you are a student and will not be accepted into your new, and exciting, profession till the end of your probation.

Statement taking is not difficult as it is all about following the correct sequence and ensuring all the details are noted in full. Even as a student I have lost count of the amount of statements I have taken during my practical "on Borough" training

Producing a couple of sheets from a witness is not difficult, recording a detailed statement with useful, usable, information requires some effort. You might want to ensure the correct questions are asked and try to comply with a couple of the rules of evidence as well, stops the legal people ripping the p!ss out of your paperwork. Most Forces now employ civi staff (ex CivPol / Mil Pol) to record the more complicated statements as their young thrusters don't have the time to pick up the required skills whilst rushing from shoplifter to shoplifter throwing out crime numbers as they go.

Fiat Justicia my friend!

Another requirement is a good eye for detail, something that can be encouraged, not taught.

http://www.servicepals.com/gallery/data/465/4650/rafp.gif

Bored now, never did see the point in baiting the sprogs...

TTFN :ok:

Doobs
13th Nov 2008, 07:18
Why do the RAFP come on here and leave themselves wide open to ridicule?

Sit back, read the responses and laugh or in some cases identify with them. When you have to start justifying or explaining what 'we' do, then that just starts the snowball of abuse rolling.

'If you cant take a joke' and 'broad shoulders' spring to mind.

We all have a different job to do and as long as its done well and fairly, who cares what other trades think.

Chill !!

Doobs

Canary Boy
13th Nov 2008, 11:20
However they are not permitted blue lights which is why their cars carry amber flashers as well as bue ones for use on base. - utter horlicks! 'Amber flashers' are required for all vehicles which have a regular requirement to use the manoeuvring area. :=

cornish-stormrider
13th Nov 2008, 12:25
It is not the explaining of what they do part that upsets folks. It is their smug supercillious (sp) attitude that they must be the lynch pin inside every deployment role and every major action. Let us not forget the RAF have been sandpit side since 1990 and regularly heaved ordanance at soddum and friends.

Not been much of a need for snowdrops and movers till they have to do some urgent job spec based visibility.

Lose the movers and I grant you there will be difficulties for a while but the improvisational and adaptable nature of British forces will shine through. I am not, of course, refering to the comp A scheme which is a special case and has taken years of skill and dedication to set up.

Lose the pigs and we will have to get some landies rerigged to allow the dogs to drive themselves...........

Even chocks have more uses than a snowdrop.

I'm Off!
13th Nov 2008, 12:47
I can only agree - recently had my bike stolen from inside Sqn hangar (locked) over a weekend. Limited list of key signatories (contract engineers only, no aircrew or mil access), wouldn't have thought that it would have taken much investigation to narrow down the already small list of possible suspects. The RAF Police response - "well sir, we'll keep an eye out for it on the Station". When I pointed out I had already been round everywhere - twice - to ensure it had been stolen, not borrowed, their response was "sorry sir that's about all we can do".

It would seem that issuing parking tickets is the limit of their ambition. In which case, why don't we just get rid of them or retrain them to do something useful?

Rigger1
13th Nov 2008, 16:49
RAFP – Lying, slimy, cheating, conniving, self righteous scumbags!
And that’s the decent ones. Normally the dog handlers, who’s promotion doesn’t rest on how many innocent people they can fabricate evidence against and stitch up.
Just what I’ve heard - never dealt with them meself!

Cpl Plod
13th Nov 2008, 17:34
I'm Off!,

If true (not that I'm doubting your version, but there may have been other factors you were unaware of) then that is a disgrace.

I take it you are mega rich and don't mind buying a new bike.

Me, if I had that response, I presume from the shift coppers, I would have been making an appointment with the SIB.

If I had no joy there then SNCO RAFP or OC Police would be next on the list.

Please let us know how you get on.

occhips
13th Nov 2008, 18:45
Getting a bit cheesed off with the non-team player banter aimed at the Police and movers. I shared a tent in Basrah with the sheriff when i was on my all-inclusive a few years ago - where we had the opportunity to chew the dirt on numerous occasions :bored:. The job they did when stood on the gate did was outstanding - 60 degree heat everyday with body armour with Tommy Taliban doing his best to wack us from all angles.. get real folks, if we did not have them keeping law and order we would have people wondering about thinking that are above the law... Easy to have a pop at the movers too, i know its only the master race :) and engineers that make the world go round- but there are bad guys in all strands of the RAF.. maybe some of you don't get out that often?

Rant Over - back to reading about Team Work and all singing from the song sheet... :ok:

cornish-stormrider
14th Nov 2008, 09:04
Well f4ck me. An RAF copper on gate in the sandpit. I seem to remember lots of sh7te training from the tame rocks on the sqn about how we were supposed to defend our own airfield after doing a shift of spannering so that they didn't have to do it.

You don't need policemen to enforce law and order, you need a sensible set of rules given to you by a reasonable boss and then everyone to take a mature self-disciplined approach to them. the best oic det I ever worked for would lay out the days tasks and then tell us that when finished to report to him at bar/beach/hotel where the beer would be waiting. Never had to redo the work as we knew it was on trust and we were to behave as grownups.

What you seem to forget is that the more b*ll*cks that the troops get given the more they revert to childishness as an acceptable way of getting back at the PTB.

I think that there is the possibility of a good copper or mover but as the old adage goes, if it looks like sh*t, smells like sh*t and behaves like sh*t then its proabably a sootie. Oops, wrong one. If the cap fits....

ASCOT Ops Retd
14th Nov 2008, 16:54
I shared a tent in Basrah with the sheriff....with Tommy Taliban doing his best to wack us from all angles...
Was it long distance Taliban ops, or agency work? :E

I'm not puerile enough to bring up you and the copper in a tent taking turns to chew dirt...oops, maybe I am...

Swompy
14th Nov 2008, 17:16
Sorry to come in on this thred but I notice that their are some movers and WSOps knocking about on here. Bassicaly I’ve just joined the RAuxAF with 4624 (movement) Sqd at RAF Brize Norton and still doing my BRTC. I a going through the process of joining the regulars as I enjoyed my first training weekend with the reserves so much and the RAF looks like it can provide me with a life I want.

I am applying to join as a mover. Its not my first choice but it will help me get to were I want to in the RAF.

I want to be a WSOp crewman but I don’t have the math skills to go straight into it. I went to the AFCO and the corporal told me once I’ve join the regulars I can do a corse to get my GCSE maths and give me experience in the RAF then I can apply for WSOp.

The other reason I’m applying as a mover is because it will help me get to were I want to be and I will get skills I can use back in civi street when I leave the RAF

Sorry I’m rambling, looking forward to speak to every one on here and get an insight into the life of a RAF mover.

Thanks

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Nov 2008, 17:54
Swompy

Before someone points out the OASC thread don't wait till you join to start sorting out your maths, try and get into night school even at this late date and sort it out PDQ.

As regards joining as a mover then re mustering to ALM you will not be the first and hopefully not the last. I happily take the p1ss out of our mov's brethren but I would like to point out that one of the best ALM's we have is an ex mover who finally saw the light :ok:

Best of luck :ok:

Spymovs
14th Nov 2008, 22:49
Swompy this is not part of the mover training. I wonder how he is going to get a C-17 shot?

http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10114/normal_high%20jinx%21%20%281%29-web.jpg

NutLoose
15th Nov 2008, 17:26
SpymovsSwompy this is not part of the mover training. I wonder how he is going to get a C-17 shot?

http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10114/normal_high%20jinx%21%20%281%29-web.jpg

Way over Modelled in my opinion......:ok:

Logistics Loader
15th Nov 2008, 17:29
E37...

if the said W/cdr had any brains...after all he was the master race....!!
(set of wings stating "future pilot" on his breifcase), had the brains he was born with , why didnt he phone to say he would be late...??
courtesy / common sense / good admin.....!!!
nah, he couldn't be arsed...
so therefore, i couldn't be arsed to hold a seat open...after all, i had a job to do...

best of it was he demanded to see my boss...Flt Lt, (ex Ranker) who duly told him same story as me, go to Hannover or wherever...

i treat everyone the same, no distinction...!! Jnr ranks to Snr ranks...everyone was a passenger, !! you break the rules you suffer...
surely thats the same in any trade..!!

My flying instrutor taught me
"low n slow" "in you go"

break rules and you could die !! same applies... Sir Stelios wouldn't have you boarding your flt at ETD -2 !! why should the RAF be any different...

Sh1tadmin.com springs to mind if some scrote cant arrive on time...!!
would said Wingco be late for Harry Staish....??? Or Liz 2 Stroke !!!
hmmm,, I think not !!!

hunterboy
15th Nov 2008, 18:02
Forgive a mere civvy from contributing to this thread...but a quote like:Sir Stelios wouldn't have you boarding your flt at ETD -2 !! whyshould the RAF be any different...
has to be answered....

A: because flexibility is the key to airpower?

You are not working for an airline. You are working for a fighting force.

Logistics Loader
15th Nov 2008, 18:18
and my friend a fighting force has a dealine to meet..!!

flt no RR8951 ETD 1430Z
LRT 1300Z

you turn up at

1415Z

where are you now ??

not with your butt on the aircraft where it should be...

would you turn up late to go to Tenerife...
think not....

wake up n smell the Avtur , that comes from your a/c when you turn up late !!

hunterboy
15th Nov 2008, 19:35
I thought it was only the civilian airlines that was overstaffed with jobsworths. Seems the RAF has its fair share too.
I wonder if terry taliban sits with a clipboard looking for ways to mess up his own operations.
Anyone reading threads like this would be crazy to put their money on the West winning.

taxydual
15th Nov 2008, 20:13
After all these years and things haven't changed!

The RAF doesn't need external enemies. It's got an ample supply of internal one's.

RHIP, no doubt. But only when it's done correctly and not abused. As for 'Jobsworths', are they not as bad, or worse, than the RHIP advocates?

gar170
15th Nov 2008, 20:15
Anyone reading threads like this would be crazy to put their money on the West winning.

Especially when we have WG's that cant be arresed or is not Self disciplined enough to be on time for a flight.I would have thought that in the military timing was one of the main factors of success.

hunterboy
15th Nov 2008, 20:22
Thank goodness the Taliban all have watches to turn up to fight on time then. Otherwise, you chaps will have knocked off and gone home.

hunterboy
15th Nov 2008, 20:34
It can be done.
Sadly, the jobsworths that inhabit T5 at LHR wouldn't let you through "compliance" with less than 35 mins to go now.....even if you are 10 metres from the aircraft.....rules don't ya know.....
I can understand it in a commercial environment when dealing with millions of pax passing throgh a terminal. I find it harder to justify when dealing with a military machine with different needs.
It would appear that there are always people pulling in the oppsite direction to everybody else?

cornish-stormrider
15th Nov 2008, 21:46
Flexibility is the key to air power. Do you think the movers have heard the saying.

Laarbruch72
15th Nov 2008, 23:46
Sorry, but when did this become (yet another) mover bashing thread? This is supposed to be a scuffer bashing thread. The movers get more than enough, and the pigs haven't had one in about 2 years.

I was having quite a good giggle at the new jokes concerning the RAF Police, the best one was that one about St. Peter and the "mind the gate" thing.
I was also looking forward to someone telling me that he once showed his ID card to a dog (instead of the much less intelligent handler).

I particularly liked the fact that someone thought that the height of comedy was/is Jim Davidson. That one will keep me laughing for longer than poor old Jim has a career. Shame he got "nick nicked" for drink driving in the FI by the RAFP eh? Still, that explains the bitterness.

Come on Ppruners, you can do better than that, surely. :ok:

Logistics Loader
16th Nov 2008, 09:33
Laarbruch72..

JD may not be everyones cup o tea...
however....!!

he is one of a select few comics/comedians... who has supported all our forces throughtout the world with his acts and his fundraising through his charity that alongside others was set up for the Forces..!!

Sadly in this PC world, some of his material would be misconstrued as Rascist..!!

His jokes about his mate Chalky would make most people cringe....!! but they were funny....(canoes in the car park in Windsor, springs to mind...!!)

Must have been quite a coup for the RAFP to "nick" Jim in FI...!!

They "caught" me speeding in AKT...when plod asked how fast i was going, i said no idea, but must have been fast...!!
when plod asked how i worked that out...!!

Easy i replied, you bloody stoppped me !!
His face was a peach....!!

gar170
16th Nov 2008, 11:35
Come on Ppruners, you can do better than that, surely. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I think intellectually put together they cant. :rolleyes:

cornish-stormrider
16th Nov 2008, 14:26
Not a joke about Plod but when I was forced to live at Halton while working at Benson, my preferred method of commute was red, had two wheels and did 2 and a bit time the motorway speed limit ( I did verify this once):E,

anyhoo where do you think I was nearly killed??

Yep Halton main gate by an MTD when he tried to run me over when I was stationary. I did vent my displeasure and then complained to the RAFP.

I got into trouble for threating a civillian - he got a commendation for nearly killing me and the RAFP got to carry on eating doughnuts.

The RAFP have one job - and they don't do it..........

How hard is it to be a gate technician, there are only two buttons. Maybe it's beyond them.

bit-twiddler
17th Nov 2008, 21:21
Not a plod joke either but a true story about an ex work colleague.

He got stopped for speeding down at Wyton and the conversation went along the lines:
"Is this your car sir"
"If you were a proper policeman you'd be able to tell me"

How he laughed as he got banned from driving his car on camp for a month.

(Though after a week he got fed up of walking in and simply got a replacement car pass).

Doobs
18th Nov 2008, 07:49
How hard is it to be a gate technician, there are only two buttons. Maybe it's beyond them.

The MPGS do it now and have done so for at least 2 years!

cornish-stormrider
18th Nov 2008, 09:58
in that case why do we have RAFP at all. Just get some real cops and give them a famil, job done...

Pontius Navigator
22nd Nov 2008, 07:40
As the Swompy thread is closed:

Sorry Guys, it looks like Swompy was genuine; 14 Nov he posted this:

Sorry to come in on this thred but I notice that their are some movers and WSOps knocking about on here. Bassicaly I’ve just joined the RAuxAF with 4624 (movement) Sqd at RAF Brize Norton and still doing my BRTC. I a going through the process of joining the regulars as I enjoyed my first training weekend with the reserves so much and the RAF looks like it can provide me with a life I want.

I am applying to join as a mover. Its not my first choice but it will help me get to were I want to in the RAF.

Rigga
22nd Nov 2008, 17:00
My experience at a North Hampshire base in the late 80's:

Two male persons driving a speeding car suddenly swerve into a lay-by beside the station gym - just outside the Stn main gate at that time - they look around quickly and then grab a bag, slam doors and run over a footy field through to the runways - me now chasing as I am on live armed guard.

I warn by shouting several times and eventually manage to gain their attention by squatting down pointing my (live) weapon at them and they decide to stop!

I escort them back to the Gate where my oppo has requested the filf to join us ASAP.

After some time waiting, we tell the young snowdrop what has happened and we try to hand over the 'guests' to him - NO WAY!

It turns out he can't detain them, or arrest them, or even hand them over to the civs!

We ask WTF he is here for - and he says... "Security checks!"

They aint got the rights to put a civilian letter in an envelope.

The guests went free - they were spotters!

Rigger1
23rd Nov 2008, 12:45
How about this, one evening in the late 80’s a rather drunken airman is making his way, calmly, quietly, back to his room, maybe not by the straightest route, being a little wobbly but he wasn’t causing any trouble. Outside the wire, 2 RAFP ACTING Cpls spy drunken airman and call him over.

They then demand his 1250. Drunken bloke is not that drunk and refuses saying they are outside the fence. . . . . to cut a long story short, things get a little heated and he tells them to “go away” in somewhat colourful language. 5 mins later 2 out of breath RAFPs appear inside the wire and nick him.

1 night in the cells and then a charge where he was found guilty, delaying the poor lads upcoming fitters course and promotion. I can’t remember the exact charges, there was more than one and still can’t believe he was charged especially as the 2 RAFPs even told it exactly as he did!!!!
How do I know – I was the escort on the charge.

cornish-stormrider
23rd Nov 2008, 16:41
Rigger1, those two jumped up acting t*ssers would have been made full t*ssers for pressing this case.

CivPol find a slightly drunk airman making his merry way home via the kebeb van, gives a blue light taxi minus lights and siren to the main gate, tells airman he owes them a coffee at some point when he is next on guard.......

Airman goes inside and gets accosted by Dibble for arriving back at base in a panda car.

My own experience was similar, Out surfing and got hit in the face by my own board. drove back to camp with an eye shut and a hell of a shiner. Stopped at the guardroom and asked them to get me the duty medic ( I had run out of Brufen), Cops pitched up and interrogated me for an Hour until they finally believed I had not been in a fight, medic finally gets called, pitches up and asks them to get me to casualty and they argue with her.....

RAF coppers, generally I would not p^ss on them if they were on fire. I would hide the matches though:E

Riskman
23rd Nov 2008, 18:29
LogLoader

WTF's with all the?? And the!! and the....!! :confused::=

Just KISS please mate:ok:

Rigger1
24th Nov 2008, 08:36
!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Lancastrian
24th Nov 2008, 09:48
Dont know too much about todays RAFP but,....all this talk of showing your 1250 to the dog, load of cobblers! Back in the days of Borneo, whilst working in a "dark" munitions holding area, the duty "Rupert" comes charging up to the entrance in his landrover lights a blazing. Me and pooch watch him and wonder what the hell he is doing here....Out he gets and draws a sword stick whilst shouting out, "I am waiting corporal....." From the dark side,....now on my own I called,"You are not supposed to be here but....seeing as you are, say hello to my partner. He,s the one waiting to pounce sat on your rover bonnet..." A few oaths,threats follow so I call my dog in. Peculiar alimentary smell persists.....Next day, CO asks for an explanation. He then tells the flying occifer not to piddle about with the doggy boys....they get nasty:)

Doobs
24th Nov 2008, 12:29
asks them to get me to casualty and they argue with her.....

Why should they take you ?? You only had a black eye or did you want them to hold your hand and make you feel important.:ouch:

Airborne Aircrew
24th Nov 2008, 13:22
Not RAFP but they are all cut from the same cloth.

RMP's in Belize get a shiney new radar gun to play with. Now, this is at the time when the lads kit is going missing left, right and center from the laundry and the whole camp is up in arms about it.

I'm sat in the Swamp when a call out comes in for a medevac of a soldier that had been bitten by an unknown snake, IIRC. When we get to the far side the Corporal Liney comes to me and asks if he can see me when I get beck because he's in a bit of trouble with the police. Upon getting back he tells me the story. He received the callout to and jumped in the SAR landrover, (the one with "SAR" in big dayglo letters across the front), and was "whizzing" out of APC to get to the a/c and prep it. Out leaps duty copper hand held high in a "Stop" fashion with a shiney new radar gun in the other hand. The Cpl dutifully stops and the copper asks him if he knows how fast he's going. Cpl says he has no idea. Cozzer tells him he was doing 17mph and that the speed limit on that road was, in fact, a snail-like 15mph. The Cpl. realizing that there are more important things to hand responded "I suppose this means you've caught the fekkers stealing our kit from the laundry", drops the clutch and takes off leaving the cozzers face as red beetroot.

I went across to the mess and had a word with the WO RMP who, fortunately was a good lad and something of a drinking buddy. We agreed that if landrovers with big SAR signs were going outbound then they were going after his buddies and should be left alone. If they were going any other direction they were far game... and that, since the Cpl. was outbound his acting, unpaid should be leashed in... He was... :ok:

spanners123
24th Nov 2008, 14:54
AA,
Have you posted that before, because I think I've read that story on here already?

Seldomfitforpurpose
24th Nov 2008, 15:24
It's really rather comforting to realise the low level of esteem with which the FAFP is held actually stretches as far back as Borneo :rolleyes:

Airborne Aircrew
24th Nov 2008, 16:29
Spanners:

It's quite possible... I tell it wherever it seems appropriate. I was so impressed with the Corporal's quick thinking that, a few years ago when I was stopped by a cop for, in his words, "rolling through a stop sign" which he let me off but cited me instead for "failing to change the address on my license" I asked him if "this means you've caught all the drug dealers, rapists and murderers"... He wasn't impressed. He was less impressed when I made him come in to court and argue the point. He was less impressed when the judge accepted that I own both houses and that, since neither were rented to other people, the address on my license would be valid with either address.

If that Corporal Liney is reading this, thank you Sir... You know who you are... :ok:

rmac
24th Nov 2008, 20:20
Would appear that a lot of the anecdotes are focused on the past when we were all looking at each other across the Berlin wall and along came options for change, everyone looking for an excuse to justify their existence, pettiness and jobsworths all around......

Things have changed, all branches of the military police, RAFP included are now in great demand for mentoring of Iraqi and Afghan national police forces. Those drawing the long (or short depending on your inclination) straw get to meet the well armed travelling public of the host nation without the benefit of a large amount of firepower at their fingertips. My brother is a resistance to interrogation instructor (or whatever its called these days) and sees a fair few RAFP coming through his doors for preparation prior to deployment.

I imagine that there is a greater potential for a number of the RAFP to get to play on the two way firing range these days than any other ground trade lining up here to take the piss, except for the Rocks of course !

Lancastrian
25th Nov 2008, 08:40
Nice reply RMAC.......must admit, In my day it was damned boring night after night guarding the Vulcans and Victors in case some pesky Russian nicked one or two...However, in respect of the original question, I never arrested anyone...the dog did. If he made a mistake and it turned out to be a civvy I always apologised for him:).........except in Borneo.

Rigger1
25th Nov 2008, 12:44
Having witnessed how P&SS totally ruined a fellow NCO and close friend of mines life in 2004, maybe these lying cheap suit wearing stitch up merchants should get out and do some ops with the rest of us.

And yes, if you read my past posts, I am now a civie but I have been out and done my bit in the sandpit.

November4
25th Nov 2008, 15:40
RMP's in Belize get a shiney new radar gun to play with. Now, this is at the time when the lads kit is going missing left, right and center from the laundry and the whole camp is up in arms about it.

I'm sat in the Swamp when a call out comes in for a medevac of a soldier that had been bitten by an unknown snake, IIRC. When we get to the far side the Corporal Liney comes to me and asks if he can see me when I get beck because he's in a bit of trouble with the police. Upon getting back he tells me the story. He received the callout to and jumped in the SAR landrover, (the one with "SAR" in big dayglo letters across the front), and was "whizzing" out of APC to get to the a/c and prep it. Out leaps duty copper hand held high in a "Stop" fashion with a shiney new radar gun in the other hand. The Cpl dutifully stops and the copper asks him if he knows how fast he's going. Cpl says he has no idea. Cozzer tells him he was doing 17mph and that the speed limit on that road was, in fact, a snail-like 15mph.

Similar episode with the RMP in Belize - one of my section gets pulled by the RMP with his new speedgun......"do what the speed limit is?"..."Er 15 mph"....."you how fast you were going?"...."er about 15 mph" (thinking the speedo on the landrover was so accurate you could use it as a fan, the needle wavered that much - and he was doing 17 or whatever)....RMP answer "yes you were doing exactly 15 mph - well done keep going at that speed".......so pulled over for sticking to the limit. :ugh:

My grandfather was called up into the RAF in WW2 and became an RAFP....not through choice. He always said it was a job someone had to do....but why did it have to be him??

Airborne Aircrew
25th Nov 2008, 15:50
November4:

The sad thing is... you can't make this sh1t up can you?

goudie
25th Nov 2008, 19:02
At Scampton I was a Cpl Techie on 617 Sqdn, one night I drove out to a Vulcan on a dispersal to rectify a snag. A dog handler is standing by the nosewheel and as I approach he stops me and asks what I'm doing. I explain and go to enter the aircraft he asks me for my 1250, I tell him it's in my jacket in the crewroom. He tells me I can't enter the aircraft without it. ''Oh! says I ''who said'', ''he did'' was his reply pointing to his alsation. I returned with 1250 10 mins later and fixed the snag. He let me pat the dog as I left!

taxydual
25th Nov 2008, 19:21
PN, spot on.

The letters QRA meant nothing to our RAFP colleagues.

Leeming. mid 90's, we were pre-briefed on something that 'may happen'. However, it then did happen half way through an 'Open Day', a Saturday.

Real launch rather than Display launch.

The result,

RAFP, nil points, but bloody nose's and dented pride.

QRA team, ten points plus 'job' well done.

Come the Monday, OC Snowdrop's wanted retribution against 11, 23 and 25 Sqn groundcrew's, a blanket 'fatwah'.

Stupidly, he said it in my earshot.

How I avoided a Court Martial after what I said to the guy, ( I didn't have the rank then, but I had the knowledge) beats me.

Fortunatley, the 'Powers that Be' backed be up (including Bastard Bill).

Unfortunately, for the rest of my time at Leeming, I was a marked man and had to suffer every petty dig that the RAFP could throw.

They threw them just 'so gently' as other's wouldn't notice. I did though. Paranoia or not, colleagues or not, I despised them.then, and despise them now.

I'm not normally so vehement. I've had an excellent reunion with friends, and, maybe, indulged in Austrailian Red Wine. If I upset anyone, tough tit.

Lancastrian
25th Nov 2008, 20:33
Happened to all of us dear chap....I got nicked in Malaysia. Twenty first birthday and scheduled for duty. Asked the three striper for the shift off with reason.....no way. Sod you thought I, me and pooch will celebrate then. Took a bottle of rum on a comparitively "soft" area. Trouble was, he could not hold his booze! he puked on an Argosy wheel which upset the ground bods next day, who told,....their chief who told..... my boss......who sodding well woke me up with one ell of a hangover.....and then charged me for being in charge of a drunken weapon!!!!!!:bored: Last time I took pooch out for a sauce tasting session...anyway, he never did buy a round.

Shack37
25th Nov 2008, 20:57
St. Mawgan, early 60's and one the guardroom's finest had climbed into a Mk2 Shack for a kip on nightshift leaving his best friend tied to the entrance ladder on watch. Later as he was leaving the a/c his foot caught and he was left half hanging by the ankle. Nothing serious, a painfully twisted ankle and a broken finger but what gave us a real laugh was his ever protective "best friend" who wouldn't let any of the ground crew near him to help. One of his dog handler buddies eventually got him down. :O
s37

Seldomfitforpurpose
25th Nov 2008, 22:58
Bearing in mind the disdain that AIDU is normally held in I am so looking forward to the response to this piece of research :ok:

The Gorilla
25th Nov 2008, 23:09
You can see him??

You must be the only one who hasn't blocked him!!

:O

Say again s l o w l y
25th Nov 2008, 23:30
[idiot pedant mode on]
Totally off topic Gorrila, but shouldn't it be "Silent enim leges inter arma"?
[idiot pedant mode off]

al446
26th Nov 2008, 01:06
I notice you are 43 yo AIDU. Do you think you will make 44 if you go on like that in outside world?

FCWhippingBoy
26th Nov 2008, 07:53
The stories are pretty much the same, AIDU, what's your point? Don't bother replying, I won't be able to see it! T:mad:SSER

goudie
26th Nov 2008, 08:23
I blocked AIDU (as most people do) for some time. Then I realised that his prattish remarks can be good entertainment value. He's what is known as a well balanced chap..................................has a chip on both shoulders!

FCWhippingBoy
26th Nov 2008, 10:59
He's just a pest! Anyhoo ... back to the thread ... any more stories i can enjoy in peace now?

Airborne Aircrew
26th Nov 2008, 11:57
any more stories i can enjoy in peace nowI have one where I can't actually complain about the RAFP... Which, in itself makes it a good story... :D

Part of basic training for a Gunner took place at Granton-on-Spey and they have all kinds of adventure training kit right up to tents and the like. I had been back a couple of months from there because I was already on II Sqn. when I was called to the bosses office and told that there were two SIB officers here to see me... :eek:

I'm sent down the corridor to the office they are supposed to be in and I find the two of them. I first thought it was some kind of wind-up because they were both in civvies and one was a very, (and I mean very), attractive young lady. It was early summer and the office window faced south so the sun was streaming in the window. The dear lass was getting a little warm so she took off her jacket leaving just a sheer blouse and nothing else. Since she was sat half cocked, (pun intended), to me so she could see both myself and her oppo the sun did a wonderful job of displaying her womanly charms through the blouse.

They were investigating the absence of a tent from Granton and, to be honest, I was sufficiently mezmerized by her charms I found myself deliberately appearing to be evasive so I could continue to watch them jiggle as she turned back and forth - Hey, I was 21 and getting paid for this... I could have been sweeping the hanger... :}

Eventually they said they wanted to search my room. I insisted that he was unnecessary and that I could escort the sweet young thing to my lair... errr... room... on my own. Unfortunately, and probably the biggest reason I hate the scuffers to this day, he refused my generous offer - he insisted on accompanying her.

Funny, I don't recall her face, but I'll never forget her... *cough* :D

Union Jack
26th Nov 2008, 12:37
I insisted that he was unnecessary and that I could escort the sweet young thing to my lair... errr... room... on my own

AA - Why didn't you just offer to show her your tent - complete with pole of course?:)

Jack

PS It's Grantown by the way ....

Airborne Aircrew
26th Nov 2008, 14:16
I was trying to be as subtle as a horny little 21 year old Rockape could be... :}

Sorry to the residents of Grantown-on-Spey... It's been 30 years... :O

MSF
26th Nov 2008, 17:14
Two sides to the filth.
NHT, mid 80's, a cook was caught sneaking out of the WRAF block and charged .
Exra rations to the filth on nights were stopped, charges dropped.

A friend was charged for an insecurity at the movs terminal (old one) and I was called as a witness.
All was going very badly until I realised that the window in question had been painted shut for years .
Charge dropped, copper got a no notice posting - result!

On the good side , ASI 1988 the cops were given a radar gun.
The first two caught speeding were the CO and OC Ops - no more speed traps!

Wittering '89, a copper left his sidearm on the roof of his escort and went for a drive.
A couple of days later a trucker handed back the mangled BAP to the guardroom - he found it on the A1, in the outside lane.

Lancastrian
26th Nov 2008, 18:05
Jeez,....glad I came out when I did. Mind, in my day (could put that to music:)) we toted a revolver whilst on duty on Bomber Command and guess what, the bullets were wrapped in endless amounts of cellotape in a little wooden box. Security my Rse. It would have taken a month of Sundays to undo the lot! As for nicking one of the cooks....no way jose. Never did believe in the petty stuff. Mind, had some laughs when I worked with the station lads. Whilst in Labuan, HMS Bulwark came in for a stopover with forty two and forty three commando on board..I think,(memory is crap now) Had to work on the landrover that night as trouble was indeed anticipated. Charging back to port Victoria, pulled up alongside the Chief Petty Officer in charge of the liberty boat taking their lads back. By this time they had kicked the stilt legs from the Naffi, frightened all the ladies of dubious trade into the bush:bored:.Behind us came a horde of Bulwarks crew screaming like banshees. CPO said, "Look lads, dont mind you shipping my lads down here to get shut of but,...I dont go along with making them run behind you...." Sharp as ell I said, "Running behind us, thats a laugh, they are chasing us....:)" Before the ship left, we were invited on for drinks and eats......strewth what a night.

Laarbruch72
26th Nov 2008, 23:00
I was once on QRA, and I sped past the duty copper on the gate in my private car, on the wrong side of the road. You should have seen his face! (Or rather, I should have put a memo of understanding in to make sure the police were aware beforehand of QRA's ongoing activities and requirements, and perhaps they would have had no problem with this).

Never mind, when I was coming back from QRA off nights, an "ACTING" (The shame of it!) Corporal had the nerve to stop me for speeding, with all of things, a LASER GUN! He says I'm doing 40 in a 20. (Of course I'll always tell my friends and buddies on PPRuNe that I was in fact doing 21 in a 20, but of course, 40 implies I was in the wrong, and I can't have that!)

I do my best to belittle the RAF Policeman concerned, which results in a formal report, but we move on, with me claiming a mental victory.

Later, I'm off down town, and I get into a spot of bother. I've somehow grabbed the vagina of a wife of a friend of mine, and he's got the RAF filth involved! They say I've sexually assaulted someone. My other friends say that the Police are trying to ruin my good career and it's not my fault at all! I know I'm a jolly good egg, and this needs nothing more than a slap on the wrist from the CO. I will DESPISE the RAF Police for their indescretion in invesigating this minor slip for the rest of my life!
(Of course I will always tell my friends that it was the Police's fault... despite the fact that the Police only collect facts, and that the RAF legal branch decide on action taken, and the judge decides whether I'm guilty or not).

On trying to return to camp, I rang up the RAF Police. "Hello!" I said, "It's Flt Lt Chopsy here, can you pick me up from the middle of town and transport me to the mess?" The cheeky ACTING Cpl said something I didn't quite understand, but it involved copulation. Apparently I should have considered a taxi... the cheek of it!

In the end, I had to get a taxi. (Note: Perhaps I should ask nicely, it MAY get me somewhere).

On my arrival at the gate, I saw an MPGS type wallah. Imagine my delight when I saw an RAF Police ACTING Corporal with him, carrying some sort of dog. I didn't fancy talking to the ACTING Corporal, so I showed my MoD90 to his dog instead. I felt so witty as I did this, as I'd seen it mentioned in PPRuNe for the last 2 decades.
I thought my up to date wit would easily outstrip the fact that I'm pissed and that I'm acting more like a 13 year old cadet.

Is it just me, or are the Police total wankers these days? ;)

Union Jack
26th Nov 2008, 23:18
I thought my up to date wit would easily outstrip the fact that I'm pissed and that I'm acting more like a 13 year old cadet.

What? Now, or then....?

Jack

PS Actually, you lost me at the beginning of para 4!

crackling jet
27th Nov 2008, 00:25
Funniest one i heard was relayed to me by a dog handler, though not him, a dog handler wandered into the fire section at Lynham to scrounge a cup of tea, tethering his dog to the rear ladder of a MK 9, he proceeded downing his brew in the crew room. shortly afterwards ATC activated the crash alarm for an inbound Herc with problems (STATE 2),the dog handler wandered out to find the MK 9 had gone, complete with dog in tow. true or folklore can't be sure,but heard it several times from numerous sources.

Lancastrian
27th Nov 2008, 07:35
Well, perceptions of those that purvey military law:). It sounds a sad lot you have out there. Had one Rupert that came the acid down town in Borneo. Not only did he throw his rank but tried to be a a bit physical. Two weeks left I thought...sod it. Shove your rank lad, how,s about we sort it out here and now. We did, and a damned good fight it was. Now I could be a clever Rse and say like the speeding QRA prat that I knocked seven bells out of him....and that would be a lie. He knocked the kali out of me. But,....one week from departure met him down town. Shook my hand and we got totally smashed together on Tiger.

I shall retire and leave you all with the thread. No room for crinklies in here methinks:) Oh,....may just add....after leaving the RAF,devoted my career to psychiatry. Had one locked ward full of guys with two bars on their pyjama jackets all thinking they were racing to a QRA alert....nothing worse than manic depressive psychosis:)

Doobs
27th Nov 2008, 08:17
All these aircrew types are all to ready to rubbish the RAFP and pass on all these hilarious stories of how they got one over on the Snowdrops.
What they seem to forget is that whenever they turned up p*ssed at the Main Gate of the Med Island base after a night on the strip, they were all too willing to ask for a lift up to the mess which was a good 2 miles walk at least.
I know for a fact that the duty mobile would give them a 'blue light' to wherever they wanted to go.
It happened in Weeze too where the shift would always pick up whoever was walking back to LBH.
Whenever dealing with aircrew, techies etc, they would always be nice to your face then drop you in it at the drop of a hat. Isnt' that what the RAFP is accused of?
Double standards !!

diginagain
27th Nov 2008, 09:17
Doobs, please - never let the truth get in the way of a good story.