PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Agencies

philc1983
20th Oct 2008, 12:47
Hello everyone,

Could any of you kind souls out there recommend a good aviation recruitment agency? Does anybody use them or is it a case of going direct with cv's to HR at employers?

About me: I am 25 years old currently working as a flight instructor with now over 700 hours of flight time, mainly on light SEP's but with some multi time. I am looking for that first airline job but not specifically on jets.

Any help or information you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

Anonymus6
20th Oct 2008, 12:58
Most recruitment agencies require a TR and Time on type, usually 500. So, with your level of experience the chances are very slim. But, I saw an ad at Parc aviation and sigmar (two agencies) that where looking for Flight instructors. Good salary, I belive it was in Ireland.

MIKECR
20th Oct 2008, 13:30
Phil,

As Anonymus6 has mentioned, recruitment agencies are probably only of use to those with a TR and hours on type. They generally dont cater for first time job hunter's. Occasionally you will see jobs advertised in the likes of Flightglobal or Aviationjobsearch that might be worth a try. Best bet for yourself is to send a cv direct to an airline or whoever the operator may be. But in saying all that....theres absolutely no harm in signing up with some of the agencies...there's nothing to lose. The more common names are the likes of Parc, Rishworth, Conractair etc.

Happy Wanderer
20th Oct 2008, 14:46
Just to add to the above - I tend to find that FlightGlobal mops up all the jobs you'll find on the individual agencies websites such as Wynnwith, Rishworth, Betts and Touch-Aviation, so FG should ideally be your first port of call (Flight International magazine also has a list of agencies in its back pages). Both Sigmar and Storm have also recently been looking for applicants for A320 TR courses, but you obviously need the funds upfront for these. In my experience it's worth cold-calling some of these agencies as you would the recruitment/HR functions in the airlines - it can sometimes pay dividends.

HW

philc1983
21st Oct 2008, 09:54
Thanks for the comments i will follow up all those leads.

Ratita
21st Oct 2008, 14:55
I made good experiences with Parc in the past... :ok:

Dreamshiner
22nd Oct 2008, 17:33
Airlines use agencies because they want a product (us) ready to go (TR'd) and low risk (line trained and 500 hrs +) to give them flexibility and no long term commitment (short contracts, no benefits or pension plans), as a result the airline pays a premium.

Sorry to say, FI's looking for jet jobs in a bouyant market would be a hard sell, at present it's neigh impossible.

If you don't mind moving, then the job outlined in Ireland may be worth a look until we ride out the storm.

ford cortina
19th Feb 2010, 17:24
Kind of misses the point, all the Jobs are for Capt's or TRE's:ok: