PDA

View Full Version : Loughborough ATM University placement year

Dominic Nortney
20th Oct 2008, 11:32
Hi all,

I have just started my 2nd year at Loughborough University on the Msc Air Transport Management course. I am interested in doing a placement year in the industry for 09/10 period.

Alot of the career days held here are predominantly banks which quite frankly does not interest me at the moment. I would be interested in gaining a placement in the operations environment of an airline or within an airport.

Could anyone assist me as to companies which have a positive attitude towards these placements. I have searched for quite some time but nothing is jumping out at me. I understand DHL, BAA are possibilities?

Cheers Dom

Dominic Nortney
22nd Oct 2008, 16:09
Could anyone shed any light at all upon the subject? I dont now where else to ask so sorry for bringing the topic back to the top!

Cheers Dom

Groundloop
23rd Oct 2008, 08:14
Firstly, are you sure you are not doing the BSc at Loughborough? I couldn't find an MSc listed on their website.

Don't the university help you with the placement? If not, why not?

Dominic Nortney
24th Oct 2008, 20:38
Sorry my typing error! You are correct yes its the BSc at Loughborough. I have a meeting next week however from what I am hearing it is up to us to contact and organise our own employment plans for that year.

I was just looking for ideas of companies that people may know operate such schemes.

Thanks Dom