PDA

View Full Version : Spicejet has a new CEO

Nevrekar
20th Oct 2008, 07:51
Sanjay Aggarwal is new CEO of SpiceJet

BS Reporter / New Delhi October 20, 2008, 12:33 IST

SpiceJet today announced the appointment of Sanjay Aggarwal, as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with immediate effect. Aggarwal takes over the position from Siddhanth Sharma. Prior to his current responsibilities in SpiceJet Aggarwal held the position of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Strategy Officer for Flight Options.

Previously Aggarwal had worked as senior director of Marriott International and had also been Manager of Financial Planning for the maintenance, reservations and internal consulting areas of US Airways.

Commenting on his appointment, Sanjay Aggarwal said, "I believe that SpiceJet is well positioned to grow rapidly as a low cost carrier, and I am delighted to have the opportunity to help the company achieve its potential."

Wilbur Ross, who led the recent $100 million cash infusion program into SpiceJet, added, "Of the many candidates, Sanjay was by far the most impressive. He is precisely the right person to lead the existing highly capable management team in turning SpiceJet around."

rdr
20th Oct 2008, 08:23
Good luck to all at Spice, hope the new guy get things going.:ok::ok:

Geebz
21st Oct 2008, 17:04
so does that mean y'all r going to hire now?

getsetgo
21st Oct 2008, 17:18
last CEO was only to get people,
he was paid too much for that.
when done he is out.
its basically recruitment....when sun was shining.

sky jet
22nd Oct 2008, 07:18
GETSETGO, What!?! Are you being cryptic or what. I have no idea what you are talking about and I work at Spicejet.

getsetgo
22nd Oct 2008, 08:01
i read navrekars post some time back which says because spice jet has Expat CEO so its easy working.
if expat CEO is out it points in the south direction.
now spicejet has stopped taking Expats( as navrekaer posts indicates)
so they have got in Indian CEO.and Expat ceo is out....................:eek:
Expat CEO wont know indian Aviation+ geography+ profitable route and customer.
where as Indian CEO will be more in line with the ground realities.
other wise why a company removes some one who understands the company and who can do some thing when time is bad.
same CEO is needed more than ever when the time is bad.
Generaly in India Expat head is taken to project his/her face/Image and make fool of the public.

Rotorhead1026
22nd Oct 2008, 09:19
GETSETGO

Sky Jet ... check your pm ' s. :)

HAWK21M
22nd Oct 2008, 11:34
Why the change in leadership?
regds
MEL.

Nevrekar
22nd Oct 2008, 12:11
:ugh:First off the name is Nevrekar not Navrekar. Spicejet did not have an expat CEO. Sid Sharma was the CEO, hardly an expat. He left to join Indigo airlines in another management capacity. Our Chief Pilot Jack Ekl was an expat. I think I would be truthful in saying that he was well liked by the majority of the pilot group, Indians and expats alike. Expats liked dealing with him and he was the reason many expats came to India and to Spicejet in particular. Capt Dhillon the EVP of Flight Ops also has a very good rapport with expat pilots as well.

The new CEO is an Indian but has been working overseas for other companies, most recently Flightoptions, a fractional ownership outfit in the USA. He was educated in India and the USA.

Rotorhead1026
22nd Oct 2008, 12:28
Why the change in leadership?

Just adding to Navrekar's - ooops - Nevrekar's post ... :E

I don't speak for Jack, but he has been here for over three years and I think was just ready for something new. By all accounts management (and rank-and-file) are sorry to see him go.

Sharma left about the time Wilbur Ross appeared. I'm not privy to the reason for that change - we can speculate all day.

It's still a very nice place to work. If the transport is late occasionally, it's because of traffic - not because I've been "de-rostered". ;)

getsetgo
22nd Oct 2008, 15:13
Nevrekar not Navrekar
how does it make any diffrence...
if your post says Expat CEO...hence its good place .....
when ceo is removed you will have to take care of the Pilots you got in by what you said in your post.
some times when expat head is removed it gives indication for the rest.
take care

spice jet is good no two ways
but depands what yard stick is used to measure the levels.

Pushpak
23rd Oct 2008, 01:13
Quote:
Nevrekar not Navrekar
how does it make any diffrence...

will getsetgo and gosetgo be the same... more over if i am not wrong Nevrekar is the surname..least we can address someone with some respect.
Fly safe.

Nevrekar
23rd Oct 2008, 01:24
If you can find the post where I said that Spicejet had an expat CEO please do post it. I don't recall doing it. I can't possible mention one if there hasn't been one here since my joining. But if you insist on your "own reality" then by all means knock yourself out. Apparently many here in India are doing just that, considering the state of the industry!

On the subject of names: If someone asked you what the official animal of India was: Correct answer is Tiger. Would you say Lion? And then say what's the difference, they are both animals? (Janvar hi toh hai!).

spedfast
23rd Oct 2008, 05:33
Its good to have you back getsetgo!
Just for a little while, your posts were actually making some sense.

But I was not worried, I knew you would be back to your true self before long!!!
cheers

getsetgo
24th Oct 2008, 08:49
dear nav,
tiger and lion both are king of jungle.
sitting at spice jet ,holding recruitment depatment you must be feeling great for last few years
one day wearing tiger jacket,second day using lion jacket.
i can understand how the position of recruitment head can make some one feel like king.
i hope spice jet is not a jungle.
may be Wilber Ross will know sooner or later......hope he will be able to find his way.......hope not very late.
in jungle people can looose their way .....or get robbed of their belongings
& money.

i sugest you one book go and read....the bue jackal
(neele gidar ki kahani)
US Air Force is brown uniform.

captplaystation
24th Oct 2008, 10:54
getsetgo
On your profile it says Location EARTH
Have you considered updating it to ZOG ?
Lost in translation indeed. :confused:

getsetgo
24th Oct 2008, 12:59
captplaystation

earth gravity is 6 times more than moon, and i am promoting BATA SHOES on this earth.
on moon BATA will not sell because of gravity problems.

where is ZOG? n is it satelite or another place on earth?

captplaystation
24th Oct 2008, 19:11
If you google it you can find lots of different answers.
Generally we use it to describe something " not quite from this world"
As many of us seem to have a "little" difficulty understanding some of your posts I just thought you should consider it. ;)

getsetgo
24th Oct 2008, 23:24
capt play station
i am on earth
any post you find difficult to understand you can ask me.
where is google?

Boeing7xx
25th Oct 2008, 09:24
is this guy for real!!!!!

Nevrekar
25th Oct 2008, 10:26
Where the heck is the moderator when you need him?!! getsetgo--I am not in the recruitment department. And the UPS uniform is brown, not the US Air Force. Enough said.

Pushpak
25th Oct 2008, 11:20
Just ignore him, not his fault it's that time of the month.
Fly safe.

Rotorhead1026
26th Oct 2008, 02:00
is this guy for real!!!!!

That's a really good question!!!!

Where the heck is the moderator when you need him

Well, I'm not a moderator, but I haven't seen any abusive posts by the guy. I can think of some other adjectives, though ... :rolleyes:

Just ignore him

The best advice of all. :)

TidaBisa
26th Oct 2008, 04:15
I think this guy just likes to yank everyone's chain. Reminds me of Mr. Ho on the ME forum who flys for the Goat.

Boeing7xx
26th Oct 2008, 16:27
Captain... ignore him... You've flown me twice and that is enough said for anyone who has any doubts.

JetA
26th Oct 2008, 19:59
Warning for all SpiceJet Pilots !!!!!

Watch out for your new CEO Sanjay Aggarwal !!!!

Go onto Flightinfo.com and ask the Pilots from Flight Options what he was like and what his management style is.

He took a fractional airline with 220 aircraft and 980 pilots down to 115 aircraft and 485 pilots in just 3 years. The pilot group went from being the highest paid in the fractionals to the lowest. The morale of the employees dropped from being the highest pro management work force to the most hard core union supporters in just 3 years. All due to his ideas as to how a company should treat their employees. No pilots were furloughed, they all quit due to the working conditions he helped create. (120 pilots just last year and 20 in one month alone)

The man knows nothing about aviation and almost ran Flight Options into the ground until the new owners saw what a useless piece of Sh*t he was.
He is now involved in a lawsuit with the former owner Raytheon for money he says was owed to him. (Aggarwal v. Raytheon Company - 1:2008cv01158 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-ohndce/case_no-1:2008cv01158/case_id-150988/)

It will not be long before your head of marketing is replaced by Sanjays wife who is equally as incompetent as he is.

Look for another job if you are able to since your lives will be turned upside down.

Be prepared to see your quality of life suffer.

PM me if you want more details.

TidaBisa
27th Oct 2008, 03:10
A CEO (with wife ) who know nothing about aviation--- Perfect-- thats what an airline in trouble needs:ugh:. I think Wilbur & the boys are just in it to increase their valuation, merge or sell the airline, and head out into the sunset. These guys are all "bean counter" guys who care very little about aviation, flying, employees etc. It's all about the money.

Hope all you guys at Spicejet know what is going to come next. I think he will force Indian pilots to take a pay cut and renegotiate expat contracts
with lower terms and decreased benefits once they expire.

Start sending out the CV's. This guy sounds like trouble.

Rotorhead1026
27th Oct 2008, 03:21
I wasn't able to do anything on FlightInfo.com, because I didn't want to spend the ten bucks ... :O

I think he will force Indian pilots to take a pay cut and renegotiate expat contracts

I actually don't think that will happen soon ... the reason being that the overall objective of this crew (IMHO) is to sell the company for maximum value. Slashing crew pay right off the bat would be a bit chaotic. Then again, it was done at USAir and (apparently) Flight Options with the same expectation (increased shareholder value) and the same result (chaos and a near-zero stock price). We watch and wait ... :(

Wingtip66
27th Oct 2008, 11:47
You said you are working at Spicejet, can you tell me is Jack Aikl still around?
:O

Nevrekar
27th Oct 2008, 13:06
Jack Ekl left Spicejet about a month back. Not sure if he is coming back. He remains on the roster under the "inactive" "non-duty assigned" category.
At present no Chief Pilot has been assigned.

JetA
27th Oct 2008, 18:14
I forgot to mention that he came from US Airways as well, He was brought to Flight Options by another US Airways guy. S. Michael Scheeringa.
Who taught him how to cut and chop to make a company look good for sale.

He is not there for the long term, just to cut and chop and make the books look good for a sale. (thats what he did at our company)

He was the biggest bean counter of them all.

For example he even sent out a memo to catering companies letting them know how much food they are allowed to give us in crew meals.

Here is part of that memo so you get an idea what sort of bean counter and micro manager he is...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 CREW COMPLETE LUNCH:

CREW LUNCH GUIDELINES:
***ALL SANDWICH BOX LUNCHES MUST CONTAIN ONLY:
- ONE (1) SANDWICH
- 5oz GARDEN SALAD
- 2oz SALAD DRESSING
- ONE (1) PC WHOLE FRUIT
- ONE (1) MAYO PACKET
- ONE (1) MUSTARD PACKET
- ONE (1) ITALIAN DRESSING *ONLY IF SANDWICH IS AN ITALIAN SUB*
- SETUP

***ALL SALAD BOX LUNCHWES MUST CONTAIN ONLY:
- 4oz ROMAINE LETTUCE
- 2oz APPROPRIATE SIDE VEGETABLES
- 6-8oz APPROPRIATE MEAT, CHEESE, OR BOTH
- 4oz SALAD DRESSING
- 1oz CROUTONS
- 1pc WHOLE FRUIT
- SETUP

***DO NOT INCLUDE ROLL & BUTTER <or> DESSERT W/ANY CREW LUNCH**
2 DISPOSABLE SETUP,
TO INCLUDE: FORK, KNIFE, AND SPOON

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the caterers received the memo they thought that it was a joke.

Since he was replaced we now have a great meal policy where we can order and expense anything we want to eat.

If you already don't have a union or contract you should consider one ASAP.

Fly safe

JetA

TidaBisa
28th Oct 2008, 02:44
I don't think Spicejet has a union but I am sure the expats have a contract. Contracts don't mean a lot here. But then again for the Indians, there is always Raj Thackeray who will ensure that meals and others conditions including jobs remain intact. Just ask the 1800 odd Jet Airways employees who got their jobs back after 48 hrs, their CEO suddenly developed a conscience.:D Any Spicejetters care to comment about this guy? Has he started work at the office as yet?