PDA

View Full Version : Flying French man!

hatallas
18th Oct 2008, 09:04
Hi peeps

First of all, i want to tell you that i am very sorry for my poor English, not only do i have the grammar level of a 4 year old, but i am under some heavy drugs, since i just had a little surgery on my shoulder, so if you do not understand what i am trying to say, please be patient!

Well here it is, i am getting near that point where i think i have done all of this for nothing.

I am 23 and i started my training about 4 years ago (on and off).
My licenses are FAA, CPL SE/ME + CF II with a TT of 500 hours i also have a complex and high performance endorsement.
As of right now, i am 3 weeks away from starting my fATPL in the UK to get FAA>JAA conversion.

But even with those i am not sure to find a job, so here is my question.

What would be my best bet? Hours building on a Multi engine, or finding a place to get a type rating and where and on what?

In the little research i have done, i managed to find this:
Eagle Jet International, Inc. (http://www.eaglejet.net/JAAB737.asp)

Do you think this is a good path to follow or would you recommend something else?

I am also going to have some trouble converting my IFR since to do a straight forward conversion i need my FAA IFR to be current, and by the time i am done with my ATPL i will not be current, or unless i am making a mistake.
I passed my CF II in the month of august, so i have an other 12 month of been current... the pain killers are taking over, i should stop now :p

well thank you for reading this far, and i hope you can help me.

A.AMP

IrishJetdriver
18th Oct 2008, 16:16
I would suggest you use your FAA licence and if possible stay in the US and instruct. Build your experience and keep your licences current.

Don't get in to a position where your FAA licences have expired and you can't get a job with your JAA licence. Of course you can renew your FAA ratings in Europe and maybe you can fly N reg aircraft somewhere.

Do not pay for a type rating. Not unless you have an absolutely guaranteed job offer. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of very experienced pilots on the market the world over who have thousands of hours of airline experience and who are now seeking work. Against them you have no chance.

Save as much money as you can. Do your JAA fATPL as slowly as you can while keeping your existing ratings current. Maybe the market will improve in a couple of years as long as fuel doesn't go sky high again. I suspect it will as a lot of hedge funds made an awful lot of money the last time it went up.

Save your money. Keep current.

Good luck