PDA

View Full Version : CFMU style organisation for M.East

desertopsguy
18th Oct 2008, 08:24
Hello,

I remember reading something some while back about the possibility of a CFMU type sytem for ATFM in the M.East.

Does anyone know if this was just pie in the sky or has it progressed beyond mere discussions?

I'm sure everyone would agree that it is a good idea and the money is there in the Gulf states to do it and they could draw on the experience of the current set up in EU.

Anyone know anything?

D.O.G

BladePilot
18th Oct 2008, 17:12
Money maybe, politcal will maybe not. The UAE states can't agree amongst themselves so what chance the greater Arabian region? Not to mention the Military who won't give an inch for anyone.

IDR
18th Oct 2008, 21:14
So much the same as Europe then :)

plans123
19th Oct 2008, 13:39
Won't that just make their AIRAC airspace changes even more of a pain in he bum than they all ready are? :ugh:

flyboy1818
19th Oct 2008, 15:37
With the middle east preferred routing system already in place then why not, mind you its not going to save much time anyway as it only takes two or three minutes to check a route out on Jepp view and if your experienced with flight planning in the middle east then you get to know the routes fairly quickly!

plans123
19th Oct 2008, 17:09
Until they change and no bugger tells you!!!! :eek:

desertopsguy
20th Oct 2008, 13:36
Well one of the issue that I heard Sh Maktoum had was that he doesn't want the same slot type system in UAE, so I guess that would make a large part of it pointless.

Oh well...