PDA

View Full Version : flight planning

neod
17th Oct 2008, 12:28
hi,

what softwere you use for flight planning?
I use jetplan, but I need info about SITA. can you help me?

PLNRGRL
17th Oct 2008, 15:38
Are you in ops or are you a line pilot?
Jeppesen JetPlanner is better for operations, but if you're a pilot doing the planning yourself then JetPlan works good.

What info do you need on Sita?

neod
18th Oct 2008, 09:46
... I'm in ops and a pilot too (without type)....

The question is who's the best softwere for a small aerotaxi company...
cost\benefit

plans123
19th Oct 2008, 13:37
Horses for courses mate. What are you wanting to do with it? Route planning, just filing? what?

OPS64
24th Oct 2008, 22:52
hi there,

might be a hint, but personally I use PPS from Air Support to make flightplans. Programm has great benefits, such as filing your flt plans in eurocontrol direct from the same programm (called Amnexy), and see also any ack, dla, man, slots, etc... Another handy tool on it is the crewbriefing option, you can upload any atc flt plans, navlogs, weather charts, or whatever any other office document to a server in a jiffy, whilst the crew abroad can download and print whatever is convenient for their ops.

Downside: At home, amnexy not available, but luckily I have a SITA webtype Account B so filing etc can easily be done from there. The crewbriefing works fine for working from home. Easy when You are on standby at nights...

Must say, have no experience with other similar programms, such as the one from Jepp, but actually I would like to hear some more about the features of this programm, advantages vs downsides... Maybe sth for another topic perhaps... Anyway, hope to have been of any humble assistance by sharing the way I work. For me it works... Cheers

ASCOT Ops Retd
25th Oct 2008, 07:40
I've seen a little of PPS, but unless the bloke showing me was doing it wrong, was surprised by the lack of route optimisation. By that I mean PPS can get you from A to B by the shortest airways route, but as far as I could see, paid no attention to the weather - unlike Jeppesen. So I suppose you need to decide between burning extra fuel because of an apparent lack of optimisation, or paying for a Jeppesen product to do that, which will cost you more.

For me, the jury is still out,and I'd be interested to hear more of the benefits of PPS - can it optimise? - if someone has the inclination.

crjlover
26th Oct 2008, 13:57
I use sita type B.
We will switch to LIDO. I think that LIDO is too much for you, better you will stay with jeppesen.

Lauderdale
27th Oct 2008, 08:25
crjlover - are you working from the big orange hangar?

crjlover
27th Oct 2008, 13:29
No I work for a white/green airline.

Ctail
28th Oct 2008, 04:25
I use LIDO for 3 jears now, had experience with Jepp to but if you want my oppinion nothing beats LIDO. Sends the FPL's via AFTN or even SITA, very helpfull when one of the systems is down.

Lauderdale
28th Oct 2008, 08:45
Ctail.....

Are you saying that LIDO's optimizer is the best in the industry?

:=

merlinxx
28th Oct 2008, 11:08
Hi Lauderdale, I guess he's saying he's running fixed tracks, maybe he doesn't know how to optimise (yes I use the S not the Z). Any and all systems will utilise any of the known comms links, though I guess not OFTS (:E) shows me age:ok:

plans123
28th Oct 2008, 14:49
Ctail, my Jepp system does that as well. It can even send it via email and fax if you want it to! :p

crjlover
28th Oct 2008, 19:26
I think that we should leave LIDO out of this discussion. It's really too expensive for most operators.

Ctail
28th Oct 2008, 23:45
I'm not saying LIDO is the best but until now the better system to work with altough there are still some difficulties following the TFR's.
Just working with the tools the company provides and try to get the best out of it in these hard times. Don't we all....

merlinxx
29th Oct 2008, 04:15
Agree, it's very hard to really compare and advise when one doesn't know the make up of an operators fleet and/or geographical operations.

Mai I make a suggestion to allcon, when asking the first question, plse advs fleet size/type/area of ops actual/planned etc. Then the folks on here can be more specific.

Cheers