PDA

View Full Version : Southern England 1:500000 Chart

Okavango
17th Oct 2008, 08:49
Hi. I'm just studying for my PPL Nav exam and the confuser questions require the above chart. Problem is I'm based in the north west and don't have another lesson until next week so can't easily buy a copy from my school. Is there anywhere I can pick up details of the chart (such as internet downloads?). Alternatively, if anyone has an old copy going spare in the Ribble Valley area that would be appreciated. Thanks.

ChampChump
17th Oct 2008, 08:58
Order one today from Transair and you'll have it tomorrow. I'm sure other companies could do this too, lest I be seen to be promoting one over another.

Fright Level
17th Oct 2008, 09:32
PM me your address, I'll pop the last (recently expired) one in the post to you.

mad_jock
17th Oct 2008, 09:44
its a few years ago now since I had anything to do with ppl exams.

I seem to remember though that it isn't a current chart by a long shot the chart they use.

I think its from the 80's. All the mag headings will be out if you use the new one and also I seem to remember that some of the question reference features which aren't on the current one, Also allot of the airspace is changed. So it all might get a bit confusing

Okavango
17th Oct 2008, 11:14
Thanks for the replies. Yes, sorry, I should have explained it was the currency of the information I was concerned about. The Confuser uses ICAO Nav chart edition 29 (are we now at about 34?). I figured there must be some copies which are now of no use around somewhere.

Fright Level
17th Oct 2008, 11:43
Damn, I just checked, the old one I have is Issue 28, hopefully it will still work. I thought it was too clean looking to have been the last but one issue!

Will post it anyway, better to recycle than bin it!