PDA

View Full Version : Any news on ADA new accommodations and pay raise?

tottigol
16th Oct 2008, 21:31
I've heard their new accomodations are very nice but I am yet to get any pictures, I may need to see before try to make the move to the Emirates.

paco
17th Oct 2008, 04:00
Hey, it can't be worse than the old ones! :)

Phil

rotorhead350
18th Oct 2008, 13:30
New accomadations will not be ready until next spring sometime. I drove by them last week and they were nowhere close to being done. There are some new villas close by that were supposed to house all the GHQ SAR personnel, but we have been told that instead we are all staying in the old camp for now. As far as I know they are moving new people into them if camp is full, or to town.

Martin1234
21st Oct 2008, 02:09
Is it possible to get housing allowance instead of the company provided accommodation? Is the latter shared and do you need to move out on the "off" weeks?

dino.tee
26th Oct 2008, 19:10
but no actual moves from ADA...
Villas long way to ....maybe next spring (200....9???)
Payrise looks closer...but it's foggy out there and looks like nobody has any clue yet!!!
PS: where r u from??(TOTTIGOL??)

Violetta91
10th Sep 2012, 11:02
Ada new camp is out of town, close to the airport, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and i mean it: "in the middle".
Other than that everything looks allright, nice rooms, big common spaces in the villas, hi speed wi-fi, pool and gym in the center of the complex.
For the time being no housing allowance choice, you have to get the camp room if you're a touring pilot and you can't keep it in the weeks off.

vfr440
10th Sep 2012, 13:47
Cheapskate approach. No change there then :rolleyes: _ VFR

spinwing
11th Sep 2012, 15:22
Mmmm ...

Actually you can have a look at "Stalag Luft ADA" if you crank up Google earth and focus your attention at .....

N 24 23' 14.56 E 054 37' 34.02

Apparently you will have absolutely outstanding views of 'not very much' which will help bring out your inner 'Lawrence' .... :bored:

Accommodations though are very good (?)if somewhat soul less when compared to the previous camp .... :*

Well done ADA :rolleyes:

mikelimapapa
11th Sep 2012, 18:12
Yes, soul less in the aspect that is is lacking the bodies of dead hookers that haunted the previous camp :D

SASless
11th Sep 2012, 18:16
"Cheap Skate".....welcome to the Helicopter Industry!

spinwing
12th Sep 2012, 03:20
Mmmm ...

Actually Mike i quite liked the 'old camp' ... if you were careful you could step over the remains of the 'hookers' without catching anything really contagious ...

However ... while on drinking sprees with some of the other 'silverbacks' in the compound you might not always be so lucky !!!

:E

(Still ... I really enjoyed the place ... and actually occasionally miss it !! :ugh: )