PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Recruitment

littco
16th Oct 2008, 16:02
The Company is currently undergoing a period of converting Company ERJ145 pilots to the Q400 resulting in a reduction in training capacity.

Applications made between November 2007 and June 2008 will therefore be deleted and we invite you to reapply once the system is reopened.

Kind regards

Flybe Pilot Recruitment

Only quoting an email I recieved even I haven't applied to them! Well not since early last year.

Fireboy
16th Oct 2008, 22:00
I got the same

CABUS
16th Oct 2008, 23:13
Yeah got the same even though I stopped updating in August.

nick14
17th Oct 2008, 07:35
I submitted mine about a week ago and didnt recieve an email as above.

Nick

mikehammer
17th Oct 2008, 14:11
I think that might be because the email says, according to Littco:

"Applications made between November 2007 and June 2008 will therefore be deleted and we invite you to reapply once the system is reopened."

ford cortina
17th Oct 2008, 14:16
So the question is, is this the end of the Flybe MPL?????

expedite08
17th Oct 2008, 16:30
Nope, most probably the begining of the end for accepting Mod students I expect!!! :}

Quite possible they have made that move to make room for the MPL lot I would suspect

Grizzle
17th Oct 2008, 18:25
Guys
It is absolutely nothing as sinster as you are trying to make out.

The reason is simply

The Company is currently undergoing a period of converting Company ERJ145 pilots to the Q400 resulting in a reduction in training capacity.

That is it.

When the hump of 145 conversion training has been completed normal recruitment will resume.

MPL numbers are forecast for the future requirement.

There will not be an end to modular recruitment either.

flying macaco
17th Oct 2008, 18:37
I updated my application in September 08 yet still got the same email as above and my application no longer seems to be on the system...looks like I'm going to have to fill it all in again...!

Any ideas when FO recruitment will start up again?? Nov 08??

Happy hunting ;)

potkettleblack
17th Oct 2008, 20:48
There will not be an end to modular recruitment either.

Agreed. NO airline has ever gotten their recruitment plans correct. Its just the way it is. Modular or integrated recruits for that matter will be needed to fill gaps at short notice.

Having said that just becase you have a frozen ATPL doesn't mean you will walk into a job flying for Flybe. The days when BA, BMI, Aer Lingus, Jet2, Thomson, FR and just about every other jet operator were soaking up wanabes at a rate of knots are long gone. The cream of the crop might have all walked into jet jobs with 200 hours but now the competition just got a lot harder. If your not on top of your game you won't stand a chance in the current climate. Good luck.

Coffin Corner
17th Oct 2008, 20:53
No flying macaco not Nov 08.

It will be Feb 09 at the earliest for start dates

flying macaco
17th Oct 2008, 22:15
thanks CC. I'm guessing they will start accepting FO applications prior to that though?

G-FLYB
17th Oct 2008, 22:35
Flying macaco

When the hump of 145 conversion training has been completed normal recruitment will resume.

Spring 08 - probably April/May

There are probably sufficient people in the holding pool for the first tranch of courses to be filled but interviewing to replace those initially placed will need to get underway.

Keep calm!

flying macaco
17th Oct 2008, 23:17
thanks for info....I am calm, just askin!

Coffin Corner
17th Oct 2008, 23:42
There's 9-10 in the hold pool right now, and yes I would assume this will fill towards Feb time

Maude Charlee
18th Oct 2008, 09:30
Talk about perfect candidates for Flybe.

A simple statement of fact, and it gets twisted into all kinds of sinister undertones by people trying to read betweens lines that aren't even there. :ugh:

You'll all fit right in.