PDA

View Full Version : CAA flight instructors in Florida

Bubi352
15th Oct 2008, 23:44
Maybe someone can help me. I am in the process of finishing up my conversion from FAA to JAA in Florida. All I am left to do is train and pass the CPL skill test. I do have access to a PA44 and will hardly pay anything for it.

For obvious financial savings, can I have an independant CAA flight instructor (not attached to any training provider) train me on this particular aircraft and give me the proper endorsements for the CPL skill test or do I have to do everything through a training provider approved by the CAA?

If yes, does anyone know where I could find a list of CAA flight instructors in Florida?

Thanks for any help.

BigGrecian
16th Oct 2008, 02:16
Unfortunately not.

All CPL training must be done at an approved school. The chances of an approved school letting you use your own aircraft are next to nil.

The aircraft for a Commercial skills test has to also be approved for the purpose on a form called the FCL 176 which isn't cheap. This is specific to each aircraft registration so given the financial constraints you wouldn't be able to use your PA44 for the test.

There are UK CAA FIs at all UK FTOs. EFT uses all JAA FIs with FAA conversions. OBA uses a mixture of both. Can't speak for the other schools.