PDA

View Full Version : PPL exam books

rikesh
15th Oct 2008, 19:39
Just wondering where the cheapest place to get the books for PPL training is?

For example: Private Pilots Licence Study Course Volumes 1-5 & Q&A Simplifier @ Flightstore Pilot Supplies (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/AFEBP2/)

I need them to be up to date, latest 2008 edition. Amazon has confirmed to me that their books are in fact 2003 editions. I am in the UK but don't mind buying from worldwide as long as they are the same books and shipping does not make it more expensive.

Any links? Many thanks.

Fright Level
16th Oct 2008, 10:12
Surely it's about quality of training not the price? I'd highly recommend getting to a pilot shop and thumbing through some different versions. You'll find one that more suits your learning style that way.

To try to save, what, another £20 on a set of books, how far will that take you in your 152 when you have to re-do something with an instructor cos you failed to grasp something from your text books?

rich_g85
16th Oct 2008, 11:47
If it helps, Flightstore have a sale on books until Friday. I picked up the Radiotelephony (APM Book 7) for £12.60 + p&p.

rikesh
16th Oct 2008, 16:27
Fright Level, read my original post. "...as long as they are the same books..."

I will look into the Flightstore sale, the problem is I don't know whether their books are up to date (particularly Air Law). I emailed them yesterday, waiting for reply.