PDA

View Full Version : violacion constitucional

elguagiro
15th Oct 2008, 01:56
El RAD (regulaciones aerea dominicana) ha establecido que ninguna persona que no tenga un nivel 4 de ingles no podra octar por la licencia de piloto de linea aerea, violando la contitucion de la republica dominicana donde establece como idioma oficial el espanol.
Estamos de acuerdo que todos pilotos debe tener un conocimiento amplio del ingles, Pero debido a la operaciones que se realizan en republica dominica hay un gran porcentaje de piloto que nunca han salido fuera del pais, por lo cual el idioma ingles no es necesario para volar internamente en territorio dominicano.
Existen muchos pilotos dominicanos los cuales tienen actualmente la. licencia de transporte de linea aerea(tla) y dichos pilotos solo han volado en territorio dominicano.
Entiendo que no deben poner restrinciones para octar por una licencia de pilotos de lineas aerea ya que existen actualmente un gran porcentaje de pilotos que no conocen absolutamente nada del idioma ingles y que muchos menos los utilizaron en todas su vida profecional, Pero si deben existir restrinciones para volar fuera del territorio nacional siempre y cuando la oaci los estableca pero no la autoridades dominicanas

tbavprof
15th Oct 2008, 05:10
Elguagiro,

You'll probably get moved to the Spanish-language forum, but...it appears that the Domincan authorities are a bit over-zealous in their interpretation of the ICAO regs.

The requirements are for proficiency in the language of aviation and aeronautical services where operating. English is only required if there isn't a common language, and only for international operations.

A Dominican pilot should be able to act in all capacities of his/her license, within the Republic, or anywhere Spanish is used, without an English proficiency exam. Non-English speaking countries are not required to make everyone learn English.

Panama Jack
15th Oct 2008, 06:01
Unfortunately, I have to agree with both of you that the Dominican regulator means well but is over zealous. While I agree that regulators should push pilots towards improving their English, laws are laws, and I hope that Dominican pilots will take up this issue with the regulator using the services of some good lawyers.

I blame this type of incident on lack of experience at the regulator and sometimes strange interpretations of ICAO requirements. I am presently tangling with another Central American regulator on some strange interpretations they have of both the ICAO Annexes and their own national legislation. Again, in this case, over the top, completely unnecessary, but well intentioned. :rolleyes: