PDA

View Full Version : Fi Jaa Usa ?

VNA Lotus
14th Oct 2008, 17:53
pprune forum

polohippo
15th Oct 2008, 09:13
I believe the main problem would be getting a visa.

duveldrinker
15th Oct 2008, 09:20
Try SFA, SabenaFlightAcademy, in Scottsdale, Arizona.

There was also an ad-banner on top of this page from Moncton College in Canada.

Lazy Gun
15th Oct 2008, 16:21
I am also on the look out for that first FI job. I had a peek at the Moncton College web page... it seems that they have suspended their European Flight Training Program for lack of instructors.

"Effective October 13th, 2008, the Moncton Flight College will suspend operations in its European Training Program. The primary reason is the increasing problem getting certified European Instructors."

Linky here:

Welcome to Moncton Flight College (http://www.mfc.nb.ca/news_view.php)

LG

Gulfstream IV
15th Oct 2008, 21:15
try PTC of Ireland at their US base in florida via flight safety. or call flight safety and ask for sandra who oversees JAA training. also EFT is also looking in fort pierce, fl. I am not sure about visa requirements. good luck!

clear prop!!!
17th Oct 2008, 12:15
Perhaps the most worrying piece on Moncton's web site is this...

Airlines Are Hiring

The airlines are starting to show some dramatic increases in activity over the last year. Most airlines are hiring again and all indicators are that this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.

FTO marketing people....don't you just love 'em!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic.

Oxford are always looking for experienced instructors for Goodyear.

Got quite far down the line then offerd an airline job and took it.

My understanding is/was that your employer, come sponsor had to show that a US National was not available to fill the post. If this was the case a 2 yr visa could be issued.

Generaly not an issue, as there are not that many US Nationals with a JAA FIR

polohippo
18th Oct 2008, 07:41
I have looked into this quite a bit, I believe the Oxford website says you must have the right to live and work in the USA. Sabena is a no no PM me for details and Moncton seems pretty good without any visa issues but the pay is just way too low.

VNA Lotus
30th Oct 2008, 09:27
pprune forum

Pace152
30th Oct 2008, 19:29
At the minute it's very difficult to get to work as a JAA FI in America as the FAA instructors can also instruct JAA, so its easier for the company to employ an American.

However this may soon change as I'm pretty sure EASA are going to stop FAA instructors from being able to teach the JAA license.

Unfortunatly I think there's also the possibility that EASA are going to stop JAA training in the states altogether.

I know Naples do employ some European instructors but I don't know whether they also have dual citizenship or something.