PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Zero hours - fATPL Training Schools?

FatPaddy
14th Oct 2008, 13:38
Hi Folks,

This has probably been asked umpteen times before, but, which training school is regarded as the best in terms of training and career prospects on completion of the course?

Obviously all schools are different and have different attributes but I presume some must stand out as being "preffered" to others on a CV?

I am based in the UK so a UK training school is really all I have looked at (Oxford to be precise). However, are there European schools that come highly recommended.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Pat

Nashers
14th Oct 2008, 13:46
i recommend using the search function as you already know the question has been asked umpteen times..... infact its probably been asked 2ce that amount...

nick14
14th Oct 2008, 13:47
Flight Training Europe in Jerez, Spain

Cabair in UK

CTC in New Zeland I believe.

google it.

Good luck
Nick

b.a. Baracus
14th Oct 2008, 13:54
Ah your first post, don't worry if you get roasted for asking this question. FTO's well...... it really depends what you are looking for, modular or integrated. Oxford has a good rep, but don't disregard the modular schools, Bournemouth CFT, Stapleford, Atlantic, Tayside the list goes on. Other integrated FTOs in Europe, try Flight Training Europe in Jerez. As I have said it all depends on personal circumstances.

G SXTY
14th Oct 2008, 14:17
Career prospects have much less to do with a school's reputation than the state of the job market at the time you qualify.

If you're thinking about starting training, a more important question than "which school?" would be "what will the job market be like in 18 months / 2 years / 3 years time?"

clanger32
14th Oct 2008, 14:34
....And whilst G-SXTY is absolutely correct in that statement, if you CAN work THAT out, forget flying for a living, you'll make a mint in telling others when to start their training!

If you want to go integrated then I think they're probably all much of a muchness. If you're open minded, then I'd definitely look at the modular routes right now, but personally I'd try and do it "one stop" modular, to give yourself as wide an appeal as possible to companies looking to hire once done.

nick14
14th Oct 2008, 14:53
agreed,

Iv been an integrated student, always wanted to go integrated, loved the course and the experience etc, I now cry every time I look at my bank balance.

at the present time id go modular.

Nick

HappyFran
14th Oct 2008, 19:26
Definately recommend Modular. enables you to spread cost and timing to get best chance of completion when better chance of Airlines recruiting :uhoh:

Depending on were you want to train..a good place to start is the CAA website of approved FTO's

Standards Document 31 version 89: Organisations Conducting CAA and JAR-FCL Approved Courses of Flight and Ground Training | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=2854)

I personally choose BCFT at Bournemouth and would throughly recommend you put them on your list to check out

Good Luck :O

Fran

FatPaddy
14th Oct 2008, 20:50
Thanks for the advise everyone. I hadn't looked at modular as an option. Will do now.

Pat