PDA

View Full Version : I Must be Very Silly and Stupid !!!!!!

Billredshoes
13th Oct 2008, 18:08
Hi All

I Must be Very Silly and Stupid !!!!!!

On Saturday 11th of December 2008 I have achieved one of my life’s ambitions NOT only did I do my first static line Parachute Jump it was out of my AN2 WOW:D :D :D

Theirs more my Son and Nephew jump with me all in the name of a good cause
www.justgiving.com/an2jump (http://www.justgiving.com/an2jump)

and we have raised over £1,000 so far.

And YES I am VERY STUPID, SILLY, MAD ECT to jump out of a serviceable Aeroplane, and YES I AM NEVER NEVER EVER DOING IT AGAIN.!!!!

So it beggers the question have you done anything similarly, flying related to raise money for a charity ?????

Billredshoes / 10 Bars

PS and a time Traveller should read October

SFCC
13th Oct 2008, 18:29
I disagree.
I think you are exceptionally clever. You managed to travel forward in time to December in order to complete this amazing feat:D

SNS3Guppy
13th Oct 2008, 18:47
I've been jumping for over 20 years now, and to those wuffo's who say "why jump out of a perfectly good airplane," I say there are no perfectly good airplanes, just perfectly good parachutes. I also point out that considering many of the jump airplanes in use, one is often better landing under the canopy than in the airplane.

Parachuting and skydiving is a wonderful experience, and I believe one can learn more about aerodynamics and airflow in a few jumps than after many, many hours in a book. It's one thing to read about how airflow affects an object, it's another to make your body the test subject and see for yourself (a little like putting your hand out the car window on the highway, but on a much grander scale).

Human Factor
13th Oct 2008, 20:26
I say there are no perfectly good airplanes, just perfectly good parachutes.

I'm quite happy to have an aeroplane that is good enough, rather than perfectly good. You can usually establish this fact as you lift off.;)

I have no doubt there are perfectly good parachutes but I'd quite like to establish that as I lift off as well - or at the very least, sometime before I want to use it. :eek:

airborne_artist
13th Oct 2008, 20:41
Good man Bill - nothing wrong with jumping from a serviceable aircraft - just try to do it in the hours of daylight, and better still, avoid having a 80 lb pack and rifle to carry as well :D

camlobe
14th Oct 2008, 09:56
"On Saturday 11th of December 2008 I have achieved one of my life’s ambitions"

Soooo....have you done it yet? And if so how?

Ah, maybe the excitment of the moment overtook you.

Or you have solved the secret of time travel.;)

camlobe