PDA

View Full Version : Ari ben Aviator (FL)

Caj88
11th Oct 2008, 14:40
Anyone from Ari Ben Aviator (both students and instructors) to talk with about the school? Thanks!

Daniel Asplund
12th Oct 2008, 20:49
So do I. Don't mind answering questions...PM if Erik doesn't give you all the answer's you need.

EKANSH
13th Nov 2008, 15:39
hi pal,
i came to know about ari ben aviator florida from a web site.i just want to know abot authenticity of this institute.actualy i am student from india and i am aspiring for carrer in aviation industry,please guid about same.
thankyou hope to c ur reply soon.

arpavin
14th Nov 2008, 08:47
Dude,
I used to be at that school, its a circus, my best advice is to stay away.
Bad management, the students get treated like third rate people, especially the foreign ones, the planes are older than most students and if an instructor refuses to fly a plane for safety issues he gets threatened to be fired from the school ( allegedly ).

BigGrecian
14th Nov 2008, 14:04
the planes are older than most students

That's true at nearly every flight school running. Only one or two exceptions. Otherwise training would be extremely expensive.

fly a plane for safety issues

Doubt that - if you have concerns you should contact the FAA - not write it on PPrune. I doubt that very very much.

Texas tornado
22nd Nov 2008, 20:25
I was there just a few days and i saw all i needed to see, Mike and that receptionist have competitions to see who shouts the loudest and all the instructors i spoke to could not wait to get out. I hear that there are some instructors there that have done all the Pro course and have been sitting around for weeks to be given students too. Not where i would bring my money.

pgase83
30th May 2009, 20:16
Don't forget instructors are not paid for ground school, so don't expect too much. Mine didn't spend time for non paid job, two minutes before the flight, two minutes after, but during the flight he was 100%.
If you are non american, from europe don't expect them to be to friendly cause there's like a small competition between EFT(JAA) and Ari Ben(FAA).
But if you are lucky you could fly with the few of them that are good, fun, and professional.

Planes don't have any auto-pilot, heater.... It was really cold this winter.

Remember, it's the cheapest school for a time builder. That's a HUGE advantage. Planes are old but most of them are safe.

Mike told you what you want to hear before you come, after I won't even say hello.
You have to manage the mood of the ladies over there, if not they will be nasty.
Mechanics are nice guys, they will help you to understand the plane.

Be prepared to work alone, to do lot of thing by yourselves.

Something very good over there: students from all over the world.:8

dartagnan
31st May 2009, 12:27
yeah, this school will be shut down one of these days. and you will loose ur cash.:ouch:

Mordacai
31st May 2009, 13:12
Dartagnan,

It's fair enough if you want to make statements like that, but you really need to be able to back it up with some sort of evidance.

Would you care to elaborate?

wild goose
1st Jun 2009, 03:17
I flew at two schools in FLA. Aviator was the second. I did a ME CPL there with IR.
Compared to many schools - this one is fine.
Mike may not be extremely friendly at times - but if you have an issue - he will help you.
The planes are old - but that's the same virtualy everywhere.
Instructors range from average to excellent. Do some homework and make sure you are with a good one. Some invest a LOT of time on ground instruction, even tho they do it for free.
I would recommend them.

nh2301
2nd Jun 2009, 02:45
Everything said here is true. I'm surprised the school is still operating. Expect to be ripped off and treated like scum.

Polorutz
2nd Jun 2009, 18:49
I trained for my PPL in EFT, using Aviator's aircraft.

The instructing staff is separate from Aviator but the operations are quite the same.

The flight school will do what it says on the tin, I got my PPL in the allocated time for almost the amount of money published, I was actually a bit more because I required a bit more training for some parts so I ended up paying a bit more dual time.

Planes are perfectly safe, the instructors are great and the weather is mostly fine (in summer you get some thunderstorms).

Expect nothing more than what's promised but don't pay attention to those who criticize without evidence.

-Polo

Sivakumaran
11th Aug 2009, 13:11
Hi there i am planning to get my CPL/IR/ME in Ari Ben and i have read all the threads and i have question in the months they conduct. Is it true in 4 months to get it done? Can you please help me to advice me on the school and how to get it done. Are you currently flying for any airlines?

Regards

Richie

wis3384
12th Aug 2009, 12:35
in 4 months!!!!
gimme a break looool
look why dont u stay in singapore and they will send the licenses in the mail ? isnt it better?:ugh:

The Deec
12th Aug 2009, 15:27
Sivakumaran....... Ive sent you a pm

Mp777
12th Aug 2009, 22:04
i spent my 3 months there .They need your cash not you.
never reccomended.

FlyTCI
13th Aug 2009, 04:24
As far as laughing off getting done in four months. I didn't do it quite that quick, but it took me only five months to go from 0 TT to CPL IR ME at Ari Ben back in 1997 when they were still in Dallas. Granted I had a very devoted instructor who pushed me to my limit, and I was willing to learn.

I have no clue how things are 12 years later, but at that time there were worse places to go to. Not perfect, but not horrible.

I'm sure you guys are chucking along in the same old BE76's as we did back then :}.

goscuba1
30th Oct 2009, 13:44
Hi,

I have looked at Ari Ben and part of the prgm is having to complete 100 hrs of cross country time. I have looked in the FARAIM and if I am correct 100 hrs of cross country time is not even a requierment under 141. Can you confirm?

Thank you

Farrell
31st Oct 2009, 03:05
Mike Cohen is a great guy. He's direct, he gives you what you asked and paid for.......and that's it.
He's not the most social of people when it comes to students, usually due to the fact that he's busy. Ari is the same (just give him a clip round the ear if he gets out of hand!)....I actually enjoyed meeting him very much.

TJ, if she is still there, is an SPD (a Sales Prevention Device). Aviator lost a chunk of business from us due to her attitude on the phone over a simple question about visas. (Lesson: do not swear at a potential customer on the phone...ever.....or you will lose the twelve Middle Eastern flight candidates who were keen to go there and train with you.)

Tons of other schools in the US were more than happy to both answer a few questions and help us out rather than say "I'm f*cking busy. I TOLD YOU just send 300 dollars for each application!" - 12 students on an ab initio FAA program at say 65,000 dollars a pop: that's ....... 780,000 dollars. Well done, Missy!

I would have no problem going back there personally, as apart from her, the place is great - and if she does kick off, I can handle it.
However, sending others over there, on my recommendation, to possibly take that level of abuse from a woman who clearly has no place in a sales environment, would cost me too much in reputation.

Good school, good instructors.....bit too much attitude.

(They are miles better than EFT: Iain and Matt are too busy high-five-ing each other over Gators games to care about your flight training! MWAHAHAHAHAH! :E )

Texas1986
30th Aug 2010, 18:59
Well they left Addison airport Texas in a hurry. I did training with them in the early 90’s. Nothing has changed I see. But so has many flight schools all over USA . If you are from another country with a large student loan. I suggest you go and talk to students/instructors if you can.
Mike is as nice he has to be “he is a Business man”. I had no problems in Texas, but I had friends that were students and instructors there so it made it easier to navigate trough through the bull****.

nh2301
5th Sep 2010, 04:28
This is why they left Texas: http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?id=FTW98FA215&rpt=fa
The web is filled with horror stories relating to this school.

aero_naut
4th Oct 2010, 21:27
Hello Every One.

My name is Syed im from Hyderabad India.

I have been to Ari Ben Aviator on Aug 24 2009 for Pro Pilot Course.

T.J and Mike has lot of attitude and they just need your money, They charged me 3500 $ USD just for M1 Visa, Books. I flew with them for 4 hours and i quit my flying. The instructors are really bad, aircrafts are very old. I really dont like their school or their way of teaching. This school is scam and i already told to Indian Embassy and Indian Police Commissioner in Hyderabad India and local news papers.

I was their from 25 Aug 2009 till Sept 06 2009. When i cancell my training they complain to Immigration dept. saying i may live in USA illigally in fact i have return ticket by British Airways USA - UK - India. I paid them 35000$ USD in advance before 3 months i travel to USA and they refund me back after 2 months by making lot of calls and emails and requesting.

T.J has full of attitude and she has no ettiquets to talk with any one. She dont respect any one. She treat Student as slave. T.J is a ******* women.

I personally recomend any one NOT to choose Ari Ben Aviator. He waste his time, money.

Thank you.

nh2301
5th Oct 2010, 20:45
You had 30 days to leave after your training ended before accruing overstay. If you had arranged to go to another school, the rules say that ari ben must submit the transfer. I have heard of numerous examples of ari ben claiming 'misconduct' when students went looking for another school, and this prevented the transfer. When I transferred, I had the new school contact their state department representative, who then contacted ari ben on my behalf and forced the transfer through.

Never pay up front!

Capetonian
5th Oct 2010, 20:53
I'd say there's a big clue in the name : Ari ben ..... would be Israeli.

jdkav8r
5th Oct 2010, 21:40
I was their from 25 Aug 2009 till Sept 06 2009. When i cancell my training they complain to Immigration dept. saying i may live in USA illigally in fact i have return ticket by British Airways USA - UK - India. I paid them 35000$ USD in advance before 3 months i travel to USA and they refund me back after 2 months by making lot of calls and emails and requesting.

Well, you ought to be happy that you got your money back. Most flight schools today keep all of your money. At least that school was honorable.

T.J and Mike has lot of attitude and they just need your money, They charged me 3500 $ USD just for M1 Visa, Books. I flew with them for 4 hours and i quit my flying. The instructors are really bad, aircrafts are very old. I really dont like their school or their way of teaching. This school is scam and i already told to Indian Embassy and Indian Police Commissioner in Hyderabad India and local news papers.

It can take several days before your first flight due to TSA approval. In reference to the airplanes and the instructors, How would you know if you only flew for 4 hours? Maybe it is time to start to evaluate yourself before criticizing every one else.