PDA

View Full Version : Fly-in-Spain

FANS
11th Oct 2008, 11:28
Ladies and Gents

Does anyone have any recent experience of Fly-In-Spain as I would like to take a 2 week break to progress my PPL (i.e. thinking of 2 hrs/day), as the UK weather is getting the better of me.

Equally, should the weather be reasonable there in December?

Many Thanks

FANS

thirtysomething
11th Oct 2008, 11:37
Hi,

Did my PPL there about a year ago. Nice place , I live in Spain . Weather in early December is wet traditionally so better later in the month. Basically it gets wet in the transition from hot to winter warm in that region. There is no ground school to speak of unless you pay the tutors on the QT so have your exams done first so you can concentrate on flying. If you do plan on doing exams there make sure you use the confuser. Admin and scheduling can be a bit frustrating at times but everybody means well. Be a little assertive when it comes to getting a proper brief and debrief , I had to turn around during my first attempts at crosswind landings and tell my tutor i had no idea what to do ( had not been briefed ). Thats a tip though and not meant to put you off , it just means take care of yourself a little and you will love the place.

FANS
11th Oct 2008, 12:41
Thanks 30.

I wasn't aware of the weather being wet in early december and was thinking of going ~7-20 Dec so may rethink.

Where did you stay?

Cheers

FANS

thirtysomething
12th Oct 2008, 11:11
Hi,

I stayed in this place, you can rent individual rooms for about 30 euros a day.
Alquiler Villa Jerez de la Frontera 10 personas Terraza Vista sobre Pueblo - Espaņa (http://www.homelidays.com/jerez-de-la-frontera/casa-villa27761es1.htm)

The rooms are very large with a huge shared kitchen , its well located and there is also fast internet access on cable not wifi. I wanted somewhere with internet without having to fork out tons on a five star job. You will share the kitchen ( but not bathroom with other people potentially in my case , i shared with a large group of girls on Holiday from Sweden so didnt find it an inconvenience :E

The weather seems to come from the transition in seasons , the downpours on the south coast can be torrential. November is the worse month ( followed by April again a a transition month ) so December could well be ok.

Have fun.

FANS
12th Oct 2008, 15:02
Thanks 30S. Do you need a car or can you easily get to the airport from here?

acuba 290
12th Oct 2008, 16:21
also done my PPL there! great place and quality training!

puppetraffles
18th Sep 2009, 12:14
Fly-in Spain's a dump.

Customer service is zero...
Rates are pricey... Landing fees will bite you on the ars3... ground breifings are sketchy (meaning you'll need to pay for more flying time because things weren't clear before the lesson). One of the younger - but for some reason more senior ground instructor's in particular, is totally unaproachable, foul mouthed and unsympathetic to the point I'm aware of some customers refusing to fly with him. (And I don't mean either of the chaps called Gary, to be fair).

The school owner is unflexible, greedy and arrogant (and not actually a CFI, if that's of any consequence to some potential customers)... the list goes on...

oh, I know it's a familiar old story... you decide. But start with the website and you'll get the idea...