PDA

View Full Version : What are FTO's telling new starters

jamestkirk
11th Oct 2008, 11:21
Just out of interest, what are the training orgs. such as OAT and Cabair etc. informing people of job prospects once they finish their modular or integrated course.

It may be interesting as some of the people posting here are obviously looking to start and their are also experienced aviation professionals who post here.

With the current climate, i was wondering what is being said.

jonnyhock
11th Oct 2008, 13:25
Cabair were very honest about the chances of getting a job, i felt? They didnt mislead or hit me with the sales pitch.

Artificial Horizon
11th Oct 2008, 15:17
If I was the marketing guy/girl at any of these schools I would be saying 'now is the time to train, after 12-18 months training the market wil be on the up due to the '7' year cycle'. 'There could not be a better time to start training', 'now is that cash or cheque'??:}

daria-ox
11th Oct 2008, 17:00
Loads of FTO's are telling students what they want to hear. :E

expedite08
11th Oct 2008, 17:50
True, schools are there to make money not tell it what it is! The decision has to be made by the prospective student. This decision can only be made by evaluating all the facts and all the information they have at thier disposal! Then making that decision based upon that.

On top of that each and every student has a different perspective on it all and some see what they want, some see the wider picture!

BRS_flyer
11th Oct 2008, 18:04
A common line seems to be "Its impossible to predict what will hapen in the future" implying that you may as well carry on regardless. Have also heard some talk about it being a long term investment.

As daria-ox said, whatever you want to hear really:confused:

ford cortina
11th Oct 2008, 18:06
"show me the money"?????? or "abandon all hope ye who enter here"??????????????????:cool: