PDA

View Full Version : FTE Jerez MPL compared with fATPL

G-BFUN
10th Oct 2008, 09:57
Hi Everyone
Just a question...
I am sure that for an integrated school FTE have got a very good reputation for teaching 0 to fATPL.
Would anyone be worried now they have agreed with FlyBE to offer the UK's first MPL that they may not concentrate their efforts as much on the self sponsored fATPL candidate as they have this MPL to worry about and obviously as they are a first they want to make it a success and not a flop.

Its just a concern I have I was wondering if any one would think this is a valid one or if any students who are at Jerez now have any thoughts on this? Also quite a few students were recmd to FlyBE being self sponsored on the trad fATPL route with Jerez... do you think now that this will not happen as they will get all their requirements via the MPL?

Thanks.

potkettleblack
10th Oct 2008, 11:00
It would be naive to say that Flybe won't take anyone other than from their MPL course given the leadtime involved in training up people coupled with the dynamic nature of the industry which so often necessitates bums being on seats at short notice. Having said that I don't see Flybe recruiting anything like the numbers they used to from the old integrated/modular routes.

With rumours that FR will start training in house in the new year this puts both of the traditionally biggest recruiters of low houred wannabes looking quite differently at the product they require. Your guess is as good as mine as to how this will all pan out.

My advice would be don't go to a school just because it advertises a "relationship" with Flybe or any airline for that matter. Go there because of the quality training and reputation in the industry. If it can get your CV onto the right desk then by all means its a bonus but nothing is ever guaranteed in this industry.

G-BFUN
10th Oct 2008, 16:57
oh no
if thats the case will anyone ever become an airline pilot!!