PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Geneva flight off 5Nov-10Dec ?

jpthomas72
6th Oct 2008, 16:24
Hi ! Did anybody else notice that Easyjet's GVA-BHX is not bookable 5Nov-10Dec ? A colleague phoned them up as he has a ticket for 11Nov, and they said the flight is fully booked. How probably is this for _all_ flights in this period ? Not a free seat for the business man willing to pay 250 GBP to get home on the day, very odd. Can anybody shed light on this ? Joe

jettesen
9th Oct 2008, 13:12
yep, just checked the res system, all completely booked up till 10th dec!!

k3lvc
9th Oct 2008, 14:46
Seems a bit silly but for £37.60 (exc baggage/credit card/seat/toilet paper/smily crew etc) you can travel from GVA - BHX on 11/11 via DUB (or £82.54 via AMS)

Surely on this basis there's more to the EZY story - flight likely to be canx so they've stopped taking bookings ?

CornishFlyer
9th Oct 2008, 17:53
The winter period to GVA is usually really busy for us with all the skiers etc. I've not heard of any route cancellations but if your colleague wants to get back desperately, why not do GVA-EMA. Not that far from BHX. Depends on where you live. If you live in Birmingham, you are pretty lucky. You have BRS and LTN within an hour too so try them too. Hope it's of help ;)

bandit2106
9th Oct 2008, 20:26
Easyjet are cancelling skiers flights. The skiers forums currently have plenty of threads running. Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa and Geneva, Geneva to Luton, and Innsbruck to Bristol all being mentioned as folks have had their holiday plans trashed.

Bob_Harris_721
9th Oct 2008, 20:59
I'm not pleased - a whole raft of these flights have been cancelled and getting to Innsbruck any other way is not easy.

Neither is getting a refund. I applied on line but I can't make it go through. Brilliant.

piton
12th Oct 2008, 08:20
transavia.com fly to Innsbruck from both Rotterdam and Amsterdam...
they also fly to Geneva from Rotterdam....

Bob_Harris_721
12th Oct 2008, 09:42
Thanks Piton, already booked Transavia via Amsterdam. All that needs to happen now is for Transavia to pull that flight, or worse...

My next challenge is getting the refund out of easyJet. Following the instructions given in the letter didn't work because, although I filled in the online claim form, it wouldn't go through. I was logged in, but it wanted me to register again, then it said that my email address already existed, etc, etc. Can anyone help me with this one, please?

When Jet2 cancelled my Lubeck flight, I got a charming phone call from India followed up by an apologetic email and a rapid refund. Obviously easyJet would rather I give up the struggle and go away.

Agaricus bisporus
14th Oct 2008, 10:06
Geneva is one of EZs busiest routes at any time of year, and with a 90% load factor across the company this summer it doesn't take many skiers to make that 100% on some routes.

As to cancellations and "holiday plans trashed". Skiers are very fickle people, the snow is fickle too. Many of the ski destinations, Grenoble, Innsbruck etc are thin routes except in peak ski season, and that's when there isn't a recessiion threatening & people avoiding top-end hols like skiing. As soon as the snow looks less than perfect the skiiers go elsewhere, or just don't go at all. Either end of season the ski flights are usually hideously empty - and for a company fighting to operate in the current climate, and looking at 90% load factors to make it all work those destinations probably just aren't worth the bother.

Then those grey-faced, fish blooded accountants step in...economic necessity, they say.

There is no excuse, however, for not making refunds easy when flights are canx. Fight it.

jettesen
14th Oct 2008, 13:47
let me re itterate. EASY have NOT cancel.led any ski flights thay have sold out. thats why there in no availability. If the flights had been cancelled, it would come up onb the booking system as flight not commencing until a certain date. As this is not the case when typing in LPL - INN, then take it as sold out!!

easyboy22
14th Oct 2008, 15:52
Dont know what dates you looking at going LPL/INN but the flights are

coming up. The flights are showing for tue thur sun..

Goldilocks95
14th Oct 2008, 19:48
You are incorrect- It does appear to be full when you go to buy the flights however if you enter into the individual flights you will see they are canx. A lot of flights are being canx as they are cost cutting to try and save money during the credit crunch....most airlines are cutting back whever they can.

Bob_Harris_721
14th Oct 2008, 21:25
Flights have been CANCELLED - mine was. The timetable is out of date.

Momo
15th Oct 2008, 07:15
Take it from me, you want to be some sort of masochist to try skiing before Christmas in this region. It is rare for there to be enough snow before the end of December. Christmas to New Years is OK some years, not OK in others. It has been fine for the last three years.