PDA

View Full Version : Quick JAA written question Naples

B767PL
8th Oct 2008, 04:36
Hey guys.

Just a quick question on JAA conversion. I would be doing my conversion with possibly Naples in Florida, and studying for it via the Distance Learning program.

My question : If I do my JAA written exams with Naples, does it matter where in Europe I would finish up the practical part of the conversion as long as it is a JAA member country? This would be for a fATPL. Any information would be great on this topic. Thank you.

Trolle
8th Oct 2008, 12:40
As far as I am aware you need to do the commercial ride in the UK and the rest you can do elsewhere...but I'm not sure. I seem to remember reading that at some point.

Not sure if LASORs by the CAA will address that.

Ask Naples. If they are taking your money they better know the answer.

RSFTO
8th Oct 2008, 12:59
I remember that you have to do the commercial ride in the same country where you did the theory. I also know that some countries accept and recognize the theory done in other ones.

B767PL
8th Oct 2008, 18:56
Hey thanks for the replies guys.

Just called up Naples and they said that it shouldnt matter but to check with the country I would be doing it in to make sure. So the bottom line is I did not get a very good or definitive answer. I guess I will have to look into it some more to make sure. If anyone has any more info let us know. Thanks! :ok:

Daniel777
8th Oct 2008, 19:02
Hello there,

Similar question:

ATPL's and MCC in UK, CPL in Florida( JAA flight school e.g OFT or Naples), ME/IR in Spain?

Is this possibe?

Danny

Keygrip
9th Oct 2008, 04:02
Daniel777 - a positive "YES" as you are going through UK CAA.

B767 - *you* cannot get a positive answer as each member state of JAA has their own interpretation of the rules and requirements - as suggested before (by NAC), ASK THE RELEVANT STATE AUTHORITIES for their own interpretation.

B767PL
9th Oct 2008, 18:01
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess there is more digging to this then I thought. :ugh: :ok: