PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of Education Allowance

Canadian Break
7th Oct 2008, 21:52
Has anyone else had problems with having their CEA removed because they have been considered INVOLSEP? I was posted in May from "up north", via Basra, to "down south". My family have remained in the north for several reasons, one of which is that there are no SFQs available at my new station; another one is that we are having our house altered as I now have to care for my aged, widowed mother - but I will have to get reports from the Social Services and her Doctor before I can even submit this case to the relevent Civil Servants for consideration. The rub is that if I move my family I will have to claim ERA, that coupled with Disturbance Allowance, will mean that by the time 6 months have passed the RAF will have shelled out more than it will cost them to pay for my son's 2 final terms at school. This logic has failed to impress the bean counters. Oh, and to cap it all, I will probably move from here in another 6-8 months. Any ideas?:*

Pontius Navigator
8th Oct 2008, 06:26
I will probably move from here in another 6-8 months. Any ideas?:*

Apply for a SGQ for Mrs Break. You are there for 6 months or more so that should be OK.

There are no SFQ, so that should be OK.

You get posted, so that should be OK.

Or read the rules yourself - no promises but the experts often have their own ideas which might not be absolutely correct.