PDA

View Full Version : Progress Flight Academy

Euro_Pilot
7th Oct 2008, 19:50
I've read many good posts about PFA; on many different forums but, most of the posts have been made a few years ago.

Is PFA still one of the best and do they still have the same reputation as they had a few years ago?

I would appreciate any extra information on them, good or bad.

fly1981
8th Oct 2008, 04:43
Hi,
I was at PFA some years ago, completed my multi/ir there. PFA is a fantastic school. The combination of excellent dedicated instructors, IF facillities very close by(PE) and the general flying area not more then 5 minutes flight from progress airfield, combined with a new fleet of aircraft, all this ends up saving you money in the long run. They are one of the few schools in SA(in my opinion) that understand the operational side of flying. Having flown with quiet a few new Cpl pilots on various turbo props under part 121/135 ops, The standard of pilot PFA produces is very good.
I would recommend them any day. If you need anymore information, pm me, i'd be happy to give you as much info as I can.

Good luck, hope you find the school you looking for!:ok:

johnc21
7th Nov 2008, 23:01
I have been just looking at this school also on the recommendation of a Captain I know.
Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has been there recently.

Europilot, have you applied to them for any information. I would be interested to know if you got anything.

Cheers
J

Euro_Pilot
10th Nov 2008, 18:06
Johnc21, I've emailed PFA quite a few times always recieving a prompt response. I might visit them in a few weeks, will take pictures and upload them if I do go.

johnc21
2nd Jan 2009, 21:45
Hi Europilot

Did you ever get around to visiting the guys at Progress??

John

Euro_Pilot
3rd Jan 2009, 09:04
Sorry something else came up so I was not able to go but, I did manage to find Progress Flight Academy on Google Earth after scanning over PE for a while (Couldn’t find any co-ordinates or address for PFA on the net).
Here are the co-ordinates: 33°55'25.13"S 25°22'26.11"E

Parrot
5th Jan 2009, 23:19
Lets hope their training is more up to date than their website which quotes rates on their fleet valid up until June 2006!