PDA

View Full Version : Today I heard something flying near Bath

barnstormer1968
6th Oct 2008, 20:13
Hi all.
Now I hate to ask this, as I'm sure it will get all the usual responses (irrelevance from AIDU and 1.4G etc, and sarcasm from most).

Today while I was out catching some fresh air, a helicopter flew overhead, but due to very low cloud I could not see what is was. Although this is where I normally see Gazelles, Apaches and Chinooks, this was none of these.
The area was Bath racecourse ST 7130 6828 (approx 3km North West of Bath) and the time was 14.32. The helicopter was heading roughly WSW (250 degrees).
If you were in it, or know exactly what type it was, please PM me the details.
Thanks in advance, and if you know the answers to my questions, then you may know why I am asking.

Barnstormer 1968

Grabbers
7th Oct 2008, 09:35
Have you tried talking to Bristol Int? That neck of the woods is their airspace although I would hazard a guess at Merlin or A109.

talk_shy_tall_knight
7th Oct 2008, 15:18
Sorry I don't know anything about the helicopter but would you write the invitations for my daughters forthcoming reception. That should keep the buggers away and save me a few bob. Ta.

Grabbers
7th Oct 2008, 16:16
Exactly why are you asking?

sisemen
7th Oct 2008, 16:34
I also heard something flying near my bath today.

Turns out it was a blowfly but a spot of Aeroguard soon put paid to its aerial exploits. :E

barnstormer1968
7th Oct 2008, 19:22
Grabbers, check your PM's