PDA

View Full Version : Lear Siegler- Rucker

HighPeaks
6th Oct 2008, 01:38
Seeing as how Uncle Sam doesnt seem to be having problems getting flight training funds for its little green men Im thinking of seeking employment with LSI in 'bama.

Im qualified and they're hiring supposedly but I figured I'd see what other info I could glean from the intrawebs.

Specifically: hiring process, qualities of a successful canidate (age, education, etc), normal work day, and work environment.

I read somewhere that most of their instructors are older. Im not sure what that means but I'm 27 and graying. Any truth to this?

Thanks

SASless
6th Oct 2008, 01:56
Ex-military pilot I assume....with tactical experience in Army helicopters?

A point of contact might be Butch Grafton at PHPA...he used to/might still work there.

D.Curle
6th Oct 2008, 19:52
Hiya Highpeaks...
Not sure of your background but you will have to do an Army MOI (methods of instruction) course, I think I remember it being 40 hours in the TH67(bell 206) but it can be done in less....
The shifts are Mon-Fri early, in Primary division you started at 5:15,finished around about 12:30ish...maybe earlier,depends on the flying needed....then lates the next week, starting at about 11:15,finishing at around about 17:30ish.. again, can vary...(don't quote on exact times,it's been a while and may have changed)!!!
Primary division, 2 students,used to be 0-60 hours each in 10 weeks, but I think it is slightly less hours and weeks now!!!!
Yea most of the guys are ex-mil and older,but there are some younger ones and it was a friendly place to work......(I was 32 when I started there, not graying though:p)
Qualifications needed.....do you have the Licenses asked for on the website?? If so, then go for it!! (I think as SASless is right about Butch being best point of contact)
Thoroughly enjoyed working there...hot as hell in the summer though:eek:
Cheers,
David.