PDA

View Full Version : 3 Weeks Accommodation near Bristow Academy

darrenphughes
5th Oct 2008, 21:19
Hey Guys,

I'm heading down to Bristow Academy in Titusville in a couple of weeks on the 19th of October for 3 weeks to complete my CAPT consolidation training and do 10 of the November ATPL(H) exams.

I was wondering if any of you know of anyone that might have a spare bed handy during that time and could do with a few weeks rent, cash in hand. I figure this will be cheaper than a motel. The closer the better as I was hoping not to have to hire a car, but I will if I have to. I'm easy going, quiet and tidy, and down for a few scoops 1 or 2 nights a week if anyone is looking for a drinking buddy also!!!

Cheers,
Darren.

1in1000000
5th Oct 2008, 23:18
Hi Darren. There is no acomm close enough to the school that you could walk from and the chances that your roommate has the exact same flying schedule as you are pretty small.
If you contact Anisha : (anisha.hopkinson
@bristowgroup.com ([email protected])
Direct line 321.567.0392), she may be able to give you some info on students who are looking for roommates.there is nearly always someone who is living in a 2bedroom place and is looking for someone to split the rent with so it shouldnt be too much trouble. :)

Hedge36
5th Oct 2008, 23:29
Yep, it's a bit bare close by. Your best bet, failing Anisha's assistance, is to plan on holing up in one of the motels a few miles up the road and advertising your need at the operations shack.

If it makes you feel any better, I was commuting from Brooksville daily (100 miles in each direction). That made for long, hot days :bored:

darrenphughes
5th Oct 2008, 23:37
Cool, I'll contact Anisha tomorrow. Looks like I'll be hiring a car after all then.

That's a heck of a commute Hedge, I guess that's dedication for you!

Hedge36
6th Oct 2008, 02:23
Dedication, indeed. I certainly prefer wearing a jacket when I fly :ok: