PDA

View Full Version : Air Tanzania in worst financial crisis

TC737
5th Oct 2008, 13:00
I heard they are in worse financial crisis due to management crisis and last week they cancelled flight to Comoroes due to unpaid fuel bills.

last Month
BP stop supplying fuels due to unpaid bills too.

They asked govt to inject more money hence there is lack of business strategy and future.

Any news

flyhardmo
6th Oct 2008, 03:40
sounds like ops normal at Scare Tanzania. :}

lowbypass
7th Oct 2008, 11:02
Alitalia?, SilverJet?...TC is used to that do not worry, small fish feel pinches less...:ouch:

B737 lover
15th Oct 2008, 07:22
Mh from me all i can say is no comments:oh:!
But i'm not hesitating to say that something has to be done or some changes have to take place soon to return our beautiful National flag carrier back to ops normal.
Aka Benz lover.

xplorer
16th Oct 2008, 12:03
Eish!!!..... I hope there's a bail out plan somewhere in the horizon..

B737 lover
3rd Nov 2008, 08:40
Well it seems like the Goverment is negotiating with a Chinese investor to rescue the National flag carrier, lets hope for the best.
Aka benz lover.

xplorer
3rd Nov 2008, 12:58
The Chinese seem to be keen on Africa and have been investing heavily over the past couple of years in the African economies; its the first time i've heard of them investing in Aviation.. Let's hope it all works out for the better since the industry's already choking due to the dwindling pax numbers!!

smhina74
15th Nov 2008, 16:12
I don't know where this beautiful Tanzanian national flag will end up, Thi is tooo bad.

smhina74
15th Nov 2008, 16:18
Any body know about precision air if they are hiring? and what is there minimums to Tanzanian nationality.

Soap Box Cowboy
16th Nov 2008, 06:31
Last I heard locals also had to shell out 24000 usd for a rating. No idea what's happening in regards to hiring.

But if ATC does go down the tubes there will be plenty of folks around looking for jobs, especially now that the 737's are gone.

Heard the 320's on the way out too.

And rumours of some staff being laid off, though this needs verification.

406pilot
17th Nov 2008, 16:56
hola people,

im still here and flying....sometimes late....sometimes cxd...sometimes no fuel...sometimes no spares...sometimes out of duty time...sometimes out of spares...if your asking how long will the circus be in town for, im afraid no one can quite answer that question with any certainty...

precisionair is always hiring new guys with funny accents, so i suppose you stand a good chance of getting in there, as long as you got some euro's floating around you, just make sure you got a cpl with "twin rating"...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

smhina74
21st Nov 2008, 01:29
thank you 406pilot. as matter of fact precision air called me for interview for atr's on the first week of December. is anybody know or ever interview with them. and what kind of interview are they given.

B737 lover
23rd Nov 2008, 08:08
BIg up to all the Dash 8's drivers for keeping us alive, its about time for us to go to the bank and get our salaries, all thanks to you. Keep it up and happy landings!
Aka benz lover.

3 Holer
23rd Nov 2008, 08:15
Air Tanzania's website is off line ?

How does one book a flight with them now?:confused:

Sleeping Freight Dog
23rd Nov 2008, 20:54
Air Tanzania's website is off line ?

How does one book a flight with them now?

You call your credit card company and get your money back:rolleyes:

406pilot
24th Nov 2008, 19:28
hola,

dude that website has been under construction for quite a long time now..just heard a few guys have decided to jump the ship before it capsizes,

mhina your welcome buddy, and all the best for the interview at precisionair, perhaps you will be kind enough to publish for everyones interest how the interview went..

737lover, enjoy the salary while it lasts for you never know which will be your last..he he

no more406pilot

lowbypass
25th Nov 2008, 08:25
'' it seems like the Goverment is negotiating with a Chinese investor ''

...737 guys get ready for a trip to china for an MA 60 course :E

3 Holer
26th Nov 2008, 01:01
Thanks for that 406. I got a couple of PMs about that.
Want to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar next month so will probably go with Precision Air.

wheelbay
26th Nov 2008, 07:40
Should I be worried?...I am flying out on 10 dec with my whole family to zanizibar

B737 lover
26th Nov 2008, 13:44
Wheelbay you didn't say where you will be flying from, but if it will be from JNB, you shouldn't get worried, you might get a delay of about 2 hours atleast, but you will get to Zanzibar. The A320 is doing that route.
But if you're going to fly from somewhere else especially where the 406pilot is flying to with his boat, get your nightstop kit ready.
Lowbypass, talking about the MA 60? I rather fly a caravan. By the way karibu Dar if u r back.
Aka benz lover.

wheelbay
27th Nov 2008, 06:09
Brilliant B737lover, yes I am flying from ORT...makes me feel a lot more comfortable....thanks for your info

406pilot
27th Nov 2008, 16:55
hola,

hey WW ..i hope you are aware that they have reduced the jo'burg flights from daily to 5 times a week, you will fly in the comfort of the a320 from jnb-dar and then for the dar-znz sector they use the dash8 a.k.a "the boat", (the origin of this nickname is private) hope this helps..

awesome news:ok:, for those of us who haven' t taken the loan...he he he:E

no more 406pilot

ps:lowbybass is not back yet man:ugh:

chrislikesblue
28th Nov 2008, 20:15
Anyone knows about this new line training scheme when its starting?There is rumours that ATC will get pilots through an agent who pay for line training.Is it confirmed or not yet?

406pilot
29th Nov 2008, 12:24
hola'

is that for the a320 ?

no more 406pilot

wheelbay
9th Dec 2008, 06:54
well my worst nightmare has been confirmed.....all flights have been canceled...just got the phonecall

four engine jock
9th Dec 2008, 08:04
Has Air Tanzania stoped flying???

wheelbay
9th Dec 2008, 09:04
tommorow no flight...no reason given....not sure about the the rest of the week

could this be the reason cclickie (http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17053&Itemid=108)

406pilot
11th Dec 2008, 12:06
hola'

the link is the exact reason we have stopped flying, although people are working hard to resolve the issue, will post the precedings as soon as i get them....

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
11th Dec 2008, 18:35
-From the link

...nor explain why the team was hired just this month when the safety problems have been known for a year.

...;)

B737 lover
15th Dec 2008, 07:37
The link, safety, no money..... Its all about it.
Guys lets just be honest for a second, the airline is totally grounded for sometime. My greatest hope is to recover from this crisis which is getting worse and worse by day. As i said before which might be too late by now, something has to be done soon to rescue this airline.
Wheelbay, its pity that you didn't get a chance to fly with our A320, but who knows maybe one day you will get to meet me or the famous 406 pilot, another benz lover in Tanzania.
Aka benz lover.

flareout BC
20th Dec 2008, 00:25
In Nigeria, it's Indians, and in a very big way too. Dana Air is the new subsidiary of the Dana Group, auto distribution, manufacturing and trading concern which has just launched MD-82 services {two aircraft} on the Lagos-Port Harcourt-Abuja triangle. I can confirm imminent delivery of another 4 jets, although some insist its ex-Alaska Airlines fleet will reach 10 machines. Heavy maintenance has been contracted out to an Iberia subsidiary. Also delivered is a Lear 45 for taxi ops, with factory new Challenger 605 and EMB Legacy on the way. Ultimately, few out here doubt the viability of this venture because of the properous pedigree of the group.

LIK2TRVL
2nd Jan 2009, 04:56
Hi all - I stumbled across this thread and am now worried about upcoming trip (January 21). I need to get round trip from DAR to JRO but now I see from comments above why I have yet to be able to access Air Tanzania site. Anyone know if Precision Air has similar issues with safety or solvency? Their website is up but does not allow online booking - am I ok to give them a credit card over the phone? Makes me nervous when they are so far away... Thanks for any thoughts/advice...

Vialengai
2nd Jan 2009, 11:49
PW Still going fine. If you are going to Arusha you could use some of the other smaller avaition companies. Coastal-www.Coastal.cc (http://www.Coastal.cc) or Air Excel www.airexcelonline.com (http://www.airexcelonline.com) or Regional www.regional.co.tz (http://www.regional.co.tz) or Tanganyika Flying Co. www.flytfc.co.tz (http://www.flytfc.co.tz) all have flights from Dar to Arusha and back, most will route via Zanzibar in both directions, TFC routes via Lake Manyara on the way to Arusha. Good Luck

406pilot
2nd Jan 2009, 13:01
hola,

i would not be taking advice from a guy that cant spell "aviation"

no more 406pilot

LIK2TRVL
3rd Jan 2009, 15:38
Thanks Vialengai - much appreciate the input. Was finally able to reach a live person by phone and book a ticket with Precision Air, or at least I think I did as they seem challenged to send me any sort of confirmation. They told me to just pay when I arrive so we'll see...

Ali Baba
11th Jan 2009, 08:21
Any more news on air tanzania? has it ground for good or still flying?

helldog
14th Jan 2009, 15:04
Hey 406 whats the news mate? Will you be 'once again 406' Sorry to hear the news bud.

space pig
22nd Jan 2009, 19:27
"In December 2008, the Tanzanian Civil Aviation Authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Aviation_Authority), (TCAA) withdrew the airworthiness certificates for all Air Tanzania aircraft and grounded the airline for unspecified safety and maintenance violations. In the same month IATA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA) canceled Air Tanzania's membership in the organization, citing the same safety and maintenance violations."

Just saw this on the net. Does anybody know more about this?

Did they sell all their aicraft(737/DHC8) or do they plan a re-launch under a new name?

B737 lover
23rd Jan 2009, 11:59
My friend space pig, were you in space or? Because you are very much outdated. Checkout a thread "Air Tanzania in worst financial crisis" for more info. By the way for your own and others interest aswell, Air Tanzania is back in the air with full colours. Thanks to the Goverment for the support on this crisis.
Aka benz lover.

B737 lover
23rd Jan 2009, 12:35
Guys don't worry about the Characteristic 406pilot, he is back in the air. Too bad for B732 drivers though for the time being.
Aka benz lover.

406pilot
27th Jan 2009, 15:29
HOLAAAAAA PEOPLE,

sorry i 've been busy getting back in the air and acclimatising myself with the -8 surroundings...the "character" is back in the air as that fellow just said, i guess no more going back to being a 406pilot although the thought did cross my mind...thnx for the reminder helldog, its ur turn now to join club duvet...

yeah from a grinding halt, we have started crawling within the country and very soon we will be able to stand on our own feet and walk, then comes jogging and then eventually we will fly....watch this "space"

no more 406pilot

ghostship
27th Jan 2009, 21:49
Haha! I guess I should be happy but having sat on my ass for so long I dnt really feel I deserve the cash!!! BUT ILL TAKE IT ANYWAYS!!!:ok::ok::ok: