PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria

Tariye
3rd Oct 2008, 22:37
hi,please are there any nigerians here that know what it takes 4 virgin nigeria to sponsor an aspiring pilot,and wat is the probability of them takin a female.

V1_RHOT8
4th Oct 2008, 00:58
Three words Tariye:

PILOT CADET SCHEME

chusan01
4th Oct 2008, 17:30
Learn how to spell a first:ok::ok::ok:

Rani
12th Oct 2008, 19:03
What is the scoop about VK's wet lease agreement with Primaris (757-200 N741PA). I heard the aircraft is being repainted in the UK for imminent VK ops.
Will the plane be used for additional services or substituting?

Revnetwork
13th Oct 2008, 06:45
Rani,
You're quite behind the times. The B757 has been flying for VK for over a week at least and is substituting during C checks on the 767's. No repainting happening as I doubt VK will keep that aircraft type for any length of time.:E

Rani
13th Oct 2008, 07:59
Thanks a lot for the info. Puts some rumors to rest :)

Re the ERJ190 order. Some put it at 3 units, others at 2 units. What is the official breakdown of the 10 firm orders?

ivy4u
17th Oct 2008, 19:28
Tariye,
VN is accepting application for cadet pilot. u can apply now.
Saw the infomation,thought i should let you know.
Hurry before is too late.

Virgin Nigeria Jobs

Virgin Nigeria has ordered 24 new Embraer jets? We would be receiving the first pair by year end and are seeking bright aspiring people to fly these jets.

Whilst we already have a mix of pilots with individual flair joining us from diverse backgrounds, we need to empower our Nigerian talent to join us on the flight decks of these aeroplanes.

All that is required to be one of our cadets on the programme is that you:

Are Physically fit;
Are between 22-35 years of age;
Have an excellent fluency in English; both spoken and written; working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
Have a good University degree (plus passes in English, Mathematics and Physics at O’Levels) or a Private Pilot’s License;
Are computer literate;
Have a valid international passport and;
Have the ability to work effectively in teams
How to Apply

Interested candidates whose skills and capabilities match should send a one-page CV subject: “VNA/FO/0708 Pilot Cadetship” to [email protected] ([email protected])

Deadline is October 20th, 2008.

walera
20th Oct 2008, 18:39
I believe the ad for Pilot Cadets is an old one.It ran sometime in July.
I applied, took the test and passed.Awaiting the next Test phase.

KUHVAHMIIMGOININ
21st Oct 2008, 00:47
You sure about that Mr. Walera? Cos word coming through the grapevine is that this is a new ad/batch VK is advertising for. Out of curiousity I did some searching on the internet and found a similar post from someone who claims to be an insider. Are you holding out on us :hmm:?

Rani
21st Oct 2008, 09:39
Heard LATCharter collapse is imminent.

Will this spell disaster for VK's long-haul 767 wet lease operation?

Thunderbird 3
21st Oct 2008, 12:36
Firstly the B757 has gone back to Primaris.
Secondly LAT Charter has changed it's name Super Lynx.

Thunderbird 3
21st Oct 2008, 12:39
Sorry typo.
Smart Lynx !

aiellosky
21st Oct 2008, 22:43
Hhhmm....funny the way VK deals with people.

I have done all the tests(assesment) and passed on all 3 phases (stages) in feb 08.
They told me that I have passed on all 3 BUT they had to stop hiring for a while.
And I have heard a few times that they are accepting applications.
Well...I wish they could at least pay me for the expenses to get to London from South America.
Also I try to email them and I have got no answer.
Good luck to all

Luis

Beechslave
27th Oct 2008, 09:57
Any non Nigerians flying for VN? Nothing against Nigerians, just wondering what the backgrounds are. I'm from the U.S and am considering applying for the FO position. What will they be hiring into the next few months and how long does it take from interview to actually flying? Any info would be great.

ghostcontrol
1st Nov 2008, 12:46
Your better off looking some where else. Being stuck in LOS with no life and at the companies mercy 24/7, its not pretty. JNB not so bad. VK is not doing so well at the moment... they just cxld 2 more flts today out of LGW on the 767. Last week was the same out of ABJ. Pax taking hostages at the airport when they (VK) decide to let them know they arent going anywhere last week. It wont be long until they start distroying the a/c's and holding the crews hostage. The center of excellance?? No Thank you.. Hope to be out of here shortly along with a few others. Contracts have pretty much came to an end. Its day by day now. Good luck.

Localiser Established
1st Nov 2008, 16:05
... they just cxld 2 more flts today out of LGW on the 767Out of how many flights departing LGW per day?

Please get your facts right.

Plus, the whole post is an extreme exaggeration of the actual events

ghostcontrol
1st Nov 2008, 19:17
Doh, your right.. I ment ONE FLT out of LGW and ONE FLT out of LOS. I guess the fact really is TWO FLTS but different locations sweety. Thank you for pointing that important fact out to all of us. BRAVO TO YOU! :D

Please clarify about the actual events that have accurred recently. Maybe you have a different view of all issues that you would like to share with the class! We would like to know your thoughts on the facts!

Rani
1st Nov 2008, 21:14
What in the world is happening at VK? First cracks?
Facts anyone?

Localiser Established
1st Nov 2008, 21:59
Uh oh! Touchy touchy. I see someone is very upset or terribly missing home.

Beechslave
2nd Nov 2008, 23:31
There's lots of info about how much is sucks in Nigeria and VN but any actual info on operations would be great. Like training and flying for VN.

surely not
4th Nov 2008, 12:05
There are always two sides to a story, and I can state that I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Virgin Nigeria, and found the majority of Nigerians I dealt with to be great fun and good at their jobs.

I'm not a pilot, but in my work I dealt with many of the pilots expat and local and most were proud to be working for Virgin Nigeria. I sincerely hope that the cameraderie hasn't disappeared.

Yup I agree Lagos is not downtown Manahttan, but Victoria Island was getting some good restaurants and clubs before I left. I guess if you're not prepared to try to make the best of the place, you'll hate it........... but then I'd not want to live in Hong Kong but others love it. Personal choice, neither is right nor wrong.

flyincanuck
6th Nov 2008, 13:12
Hi,

I'm a Canadian Pilot who just applied. Wondering what the pay and sked is like? More importantly, maintenance. Would it be possible to group days off together and commute back to the Great White North for (14-on, 7-off etc type deal?).

Any info appreciated.

secret agent 86
6th Nov 2008, 20:32
The current commuting roster is 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off with flights from Lagos to LGW. You are on your own from there. As for maintenance, I hear it is good.

flyincanuck
6th Nov 2008, 22:21
Ouch. Jumpseat agreement with anoyone (star, etc)?

A-Fly-Girl
8th Nov 2008, 18:00
Does anyone know what to expect for the Virgin Nigeria assessment? I have one coming up. Thanks.

Beechslave
14th Nov 2008, 09:05
----------------

woodcoc2000
28th Nov 2008, 17:21
Has anyone who attended interview etc at gatwick last week heard anything yet?? if so dont be shy.. not heard anything myselfhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

biggles34
28th Nov 2008, 18:07
I attended the interview last week at LGW too, and have not heard yet either!

What day was yours?

Biggles34:):rolleyes:

Springbok614
28th Nov 2008, 19:55
while we on the VK subject...

what the hell is going on at VK? flights delayed and cancelled regularly out of abuja and even to and from joburg recently!

just dont want to travel with them anymore to and from contract! what a mission!

has branson pulled his support? is he planning to? sure think he has or will soon!

anyways, hope it gets better soon, been a good ride till recently! thank God for arik however in the meantime for domestic travel!

biggles34
29th Nov 2008, 17:29
Hi How did you do in your assessment have you heard anything

biggles