PDA

View Full Version : Angola/Heli Malongo

proavtr
17th Dec 2006, 17:28
I've been trying to find a phone number or e-mail address for heli-malongo, in Angola but so far i've been unsuccessfull. does anybody know how to get in touch with them?

Bitmonx
17th Dec 2006, 19:05
I tried that before without success.
I received an email address from a ppruner and got no answer.
The email address was [email protected]
The ops manager there is called Lou d'Elia.
Again, I never received a reply. I had 2500 hours total with 1000 hrs. Bell212 offshore at that time.
Good luck, let me know if anything happens.
Cheers,

Bitmonx

Hippolite
18th Dec 2006, 02:17
+1 (925) 842 1111 ext. 1099

All Angola Chevron numbers go through San Ramone in California.

212man
18th Dec 2006, 03:05
That'll be Angola USA then;)

Hippolite
18th Dec 2006, 04:48
212 man

Oh you doubting thomas!!

All numbers for Chevron Angola go through the USA Chevron Telephone system. Dial the number and follow the prompts. Lou is ext 1099.

Trust me......

cpt
18th Dec 2006, 09:26
212 man, you are not wrong, locals use to call this area; Chevron - Land....there must be a reason.

proavtr
18th Dec 2006, 14:09
thanks for the tip guys, I'm gonna give a shot on that california number.
I've been workin' in the gulf of mexico for 7 years now and i'm ready to do something else

industry insider
18th Dec 2006, 20:33
There is an Angola in the USA. Its a prison near NOLA.

MrEdd
15th Jul 2008, 15:14
Hi, doesn anyone have an up to date e-mail adress for this company?

Tokunbo
15th Jul 2008, 19:46
It's probably too late anyway, I expect they're inundated with applications from Bristow pilots in Nigeria right now :E

Juvent
15th Jul 2008, 19:53
Try : [email protected].

Tim Sullivan is the Chief Pilot and he should respond to your mail at that address.

:ok:

ppheli
16th Jul 2008, 05:45
Keep eyes open for new helicopter order.... thus fleet expansion.... thus pilot opportunities.....

Troglodita
16th Jul 2008, 06:44
+1 (925) 842 1111 ext. 1099

All Angola Chevron numbers go through San Ramone in California.

Or if you are calling from the other side of the pond call: -

+44 2077194666 and follow the prompts

MrEdd
16th Jul 2008, 13:42
Juent & Troglodita thanks so much.

I spoke to a Bell rep that said that they might be looking.
Figure i´ll toss an application in, the worst that can happen is a no.:cool:

Aser
16th Jul 2008, 17:54
ppheli :
Keep eyes open for new helicopter order.... thus fleet expansion.... thus pilot opportunities.....

New order on the way... ;)

Angola: Heli Malongo selects S-76C++™ for new SAR service

FARNBOROUGH INTERNATIONAL AIR SHOW, July 16, 2008 – Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. has been selected by Heli Malongo to provide three S-76C++™ aircraft for its new Search and Rescue (SAR) service in Angola, Sikorsky announced today from the Farnborough International Air Show. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).

The agreement marks Heli Malongo’s first purchase of a Sikorsky Aircraft product. Heli Malongo, an offshore oil operator based in Angola already operating 20 aircraft, plans to establish a Search and Rescue service to support the country’s growing oil industry. It will be the first Search and Rescue operation to serve Angola.

“SAR missions require speed, agility and responsiveness, and the S-76C++ helicopter delivers on all counts,“ said Sikorsky Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer Stephen B. Estill. “Our SAR helicopters are mission ready. We are pleased to have the opportunity to demonstrate the ability of our aircraft to Heli Malongo.”

The decision to choose the S-76C++ helicopter comes after a comprehensive selection process, heavily focused on mission requirements. Heli Malongo was in need of a highly equipped Search and Rescue aircraft with a responsive support system that would enable them to perform even through the most demanding missions.

“We demonstrated that the S-76C++ helicopter is well suited for SAR missions and met Heli Malongo’s detailed requirements,” Estill said.

Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. The company’s long commitment to safety and innovation is reflected in its mission statement: “We pioneer flight solutions that bring people home everywhere … every time™.“ United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.

Regards
Aser

Shaikh N Hoque
22nd Jul 2008, 21:03
do they have fix wing aircraft?

Foggy Bottom
23rd Jul 2008, 00:44
is.....c'mon down.

NextPlease
3rd Oct 2008, 21:08
After reading the "Whats new in West Africa" thread, I was wondering about Angola and companies like Heli Malongo.

What is the living standards like there? Is there much Violence like Nigeria?
Or is everything just rosy?

I hear the hours a plentiful.

NP

cpt
3rd Oct 2008, 22:07
Hello Next Please,

As an resident expat in Luanda, I can say life here is not really rosy, far from it. But violence is not as bad as you could find in some other big african cities... and obviously much less than what we get in Nigeria.
As for Heli malongo helicopters, they are based at the Malongo oil base, North of Cabinda city, and life here probably looks like a common camp life, Here too, no reported violence as we hear from Nigeria.
As you say, "hours are plentyfull !"

Matari
3rd Oct 2008, 23:14
NextPlease:

The Cabinda enclave has seen plenty of violence in the past but it has diminished recently as the government and the local separatists (FLEC) have hammered out a peace agreement.

http://www.cabinda.net/

Small scale violence still occurs, but nothing on the scale of early and mid-eighties.

I worked in Malongo for PHI then, and times were interesting indeed. The Cubans guarded our facility (bet that makes Airship and Sunray's head spin), and we had great times trading beer and cigarettes over the back fence with them. Later, one of our mechanics was taken hostage and held in the forest for months.

Some South Africans tried to sabatoge the facility at one point (only to be killed or captured, and tried in Luanda). A media circus including the American eternal activist Jesse Jackson followed--man that guy can get around--but that is for another thread).

FLEC in the north, and Unita in the south, are mostly quiet, and consequently Angola resembles a typical corrupt, malfunctioning African oil state these days.

Weather is pleasant mostly, and rainy season makes navigating the storms fun. Biggest danger would be from malaria...take the pills. Oh, that and the bat guano droppings raining on your head while waiting in the chow line...

DoinTime
3rd Oct 2008, 23:55
Violence and Africa go hand in hand. No big revelation there.

So what about the flying there?

I hear you guys are flying 120 hrs per month off the hobbs..

What kind of machinery are there flying around there? and how many different operators or is it all heli malongo?

K48
4th Oct 2008, 07:06
aaah no problem bwana,,, while de mechanic is in de bush we can fix dis rotor thing with ehh chiken wire

NextPlease
4th Oct 2008, 19:12
I am guessing there are not too many people that read pprune in Angola.

Anyone got any information?

The reason I am asking as I would like to get into the off shore industry and I hear they are paying well out there.

NP

BlenderPilot
5th Oct 2008, 01:12
I just spoke to a friend who's over there right now and he told me his salary had just been upped to 188K USD a year.

Tynecastle
5th Oct 2008, 01:48
Sonair are the main offshore operators out there, also Heli-Union and CHC.
The aircraft types are the AS332 L2, EC 225, 365, 76C+
Sonair were short of pilots several months ago, not sure what their hiring policy is, I would guess being fluent in Portuguese is a must.

pookie1
5th Oct 2008, 12:36
Anyone got any gen on heli-union?

soggyboxers
5th Oct 2008, 14:52
Tynecastle,

You don't have to be fluent in Pork and Cheese, but you do have to be less than 60 years of age - old gits need not apply :{

Troglodita
5th Oct 2008, 17:53
I would guess being fluent in Portuguese is a must.

Tynecastle,

You don't even need much fluency in English - remember you are working for septics not pork and cheesers!

Welcome back Soggy - I'll get you on the dog and bone next week!

Trog

asianrotorhunter
6th Oct 2008, 03:57
Know a guy who knows a guy in HM. Says their pretty good, with a fleet of all new Bells, 407, 427/429, 430. Said some CHC Africa guys migrated there, so must be better than CHC, but that's not hard :}
there's a few clips on youtube.

DoinTime
11th Oct 2008, 00:26
429????

That is pretty interesting as they have not yet started delivery of this aircraft yet??

ramos
20th Oct 2008, 10:56
Hi Guys,

I have already posted on the Nigeria thread asking for contacts and will do the same on the Arabian Gulf thread. So before I get my head bitten off :eek:, I am actively seeking work and would be interested to get some contacts for Angola. I have done the normal searches but with no joy.

Anything to get me going in the right direction would be great! All PM's most welcome.

Cheers

Ramos

alouette
20th Oct 2008, 11:09
Heli Malongo is a first class outfit with a sparkling fleet that prompts to no complaints. Living quarters are excellent (brand new), and overall the facilities are on an acceptable standard - contrary to popular believe. Besides the folks are a good bunch to work with.

Make up your mind!!!:ok:

InsuranceGuy
20th Oct 2008, 15:55
You could try Cabinda Gulf Oil Company who fly a dozon or so B430's plus a couple of Dash 8's.
They are a ChevronTexaco company.

seeking all
24th Dec 2008, 09:17
Hi does any one know where we can get employment details on the engineering side for this operator please?

CARLOS82
1st Feb 2009, 20:19
Hi
I´m trying to get some information about HM and Sonair. I have sent my CV to Sonair but at the moment no response.
Does anyone have a contact of HM??
I read about their new's S76, will be used for Search&Rescue?? Are HM hiring pilots??
I´m a PC of EH101 with ATPLH/IR, military and start to looking for a position on the civilian side.

I hope some response
PM are welcome

Flysafe:ok:

ScubaPilot77
6th Sep 2009, 17:51
Looking for information (good and bad on working for the company, typical salary, work and living conditions) on Heli Malongo in Angola. Has anyone worked for them recently who can comment knowledgeably? Thanks.

paco
6th Sep 2009, 19:13
I've heard they're a good outfit. PM 170' - he can tell you more

phil

pookie1
6th Sep 2009, 19:17
They seem to be notoriously difficult to get hold of. I recall there was a previous thread about them a while back, perhaps try a search.

I did hear second hand that they retrenched a few pilots earlier in the year but it seems that Angola is the up and coming offshore spot in Africa nowadays so perhaps it has good prospects as things improve....

alouette
6th Sep 2009, 20:52
Check your pms:ok:

Bee Safe
14th Oct 2009, 17:48
Heli Malongo has a good pay scale but not much in the way of benefits. The chief pilot's e-mail is [email protected]
The Director of Maintenance e-mail is [email protected]
They currently operate Bell 427, Bell 430, and Bell 430. They will begin taking delivery of S-76 C++ beginning in December. The current fleet of helicopters totals 17. After the S-76's arrive, the helicopter fleet will total 25.
There is an ad running in justhelicopters right now for mechanics. :ok:

Ronnabbott
17th Oct 2009, 19:06
Everyone seem to be lying on here about how great HM is. Why is the company firing one pilot a month on average? Look at a janitor the wrong way, Fired!, Land on the wrong platform,..Fired, Complain about paycheck not showing up, Fired!

Ask the people who say HM is that great and ask about this little unknown truth.... All the original pilots that started at HM, have all been fired and these were good pilots. One was fired for citing a safety violation in accordance with Chevron policy. If it comes between an Angolan and an Ex Pat, Ex Pat loses. Do your self a favor, go to another company that won't **** all over you. HM offers nothing, no benefits, no bonus, no christmas pay, holiday pay, NOTHING!!!!!!!

Stay away from this outfit!

Epiphany
17th Oct 2009, 20:17
What - you mean they tax your pay and expect you to work for 11 months of the year too?

If you are there for any other reason than the money then you are there for the wrong reason. You want equality, pension, health care, legal rights etc, etc? Stay at home.

swamp_dwarf
17th Oct 2009, 20:55
Ahm..and ye think that Bristow Nigeria is any different when it comes to preferential treatment. I remember a local spongehead being a real $%§& on the capain's seat and he is still there...:mad: Yaaaaaaaaaa wid de elp ov God evything is posibie

And as for the pension ... yeah right...investment options... enough said

Bee Safe
18th Oct 2009, 14:25
oh, this must be the Ronabbott that got out of a helicopter (with both engines running) on an offshore platform to chew out customers for not being ready when he landed....yea, those pesky rules sure do cause problems sometimes :=

Sounds like some sour grapes to me

alouette
18th Oct 2009, 16:41
I heard about that incident...:E Wasn't that GSF?

ramos
18th Feb 2010, 11:42
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if Heli-Malongo are hiring at the moment or anytime in the near future.

How is the state of the company in the current global crisis.

And what are pay, living conditions etc...

Any Pm welcome.

Thanks

Ramos.

Metwo
25th Apr 2010, 16:07
Does anyone have info on the conditions for the fixed wing ops. ie the dash 8's and are they hiring?

Aus Mech
6th Sep 2010, 19:34
I had heard that you Heli Malonga has been hiring mechanic's in the last couple of months can any confirm if this is true?

unstable load
7th Sep 2010, 10:24
They have been taking on S76C++ crew for a new contract for one of the oil majors.

industry insider
7th Sep 2010, 10:28
Heli Malongo is basically a JV between Chevron and Sonair supporting the platforms offshore Cabinda. Living in the Cabinda camp can be a little tedious from my experience there a few years ago. The rotation used ti be 28 and 28 but I don't know what it is now.

alouette
8th Sep 2010, 05:15
still 28/28, and yes, mechanics have been recently hired.

unstable load
8th Sep 2010, 06:43
C++ job is out of Kwanda Base, though.

Gusma
8th Sep 2010, 15:28
Alloutte, I want to know a e-mail address or web page for Heli Malongo. I am a aircraft mechanic ( Avionic). Coul you help me?
I appreciate you kindly assistance.
Thanks.

alouette
9th Sep 2010, 08:10
Check your pms :ok:

Peter PanPan
13th Mar 2011, 11:54
http://www.justhelicopters.com/DesktopModules/BP_JobBoard/Logos/1197.jpg
Heli Malongo Aviação e Serviços de Angola, Lda
Caixa Postal 40, Base de Malongo Heliport
Cabinda
Angola
[email protected]
HM is an Angolan aircraft operator providing offshore support with Bell 427/430/412 and S76C++ aircraft. We are accepting CV’s for helicopter Captains and First Officers.

Requirements

Commercial/Instrument - ATP Preferred
Total Time = 2,000
PIC = 1,000 (Rotorcraft)
PIC ME = 500 (Rotorcraft) Preferred
PIC Turbine = 500 (Rotorcraft) Preferred
PIC on Type = 100 Preferred

300 hours or 1 year offshore experience. Preferred

Work schedule is 28 on and 28 off. Benefits include loss of license and on the job injury insurance. Starting salary for 427 Captain is USD $118,000+. All travel and expenses covered. 15% Angolan income tax withheld from salary.

Email CV with copy of license and medical to [email protected] ([email protected]).

Big_T
16th Mar 2011, 22:01
Can anyone share some info about current conditions at HM? Money, accommodation, etc...

sabal
1st Aug 2011, 15:59
Hi,
Did anyone get reply from Helimalongo?
Any of you have other ops e-mail of this people?

I'll appreciate it
Thanks

11th Aug 2011, 07:03
Hi
I've read some of the mail.....

Check page 2 of this thread, there are e-mail addresses of the chief pilot and chief engineer..... Maybe that helps, also the last page for pilots, if you want to send your CV to the chief pilot, he will forward it to the chief engineer.

Keep in touch, keep it safe, thy rotor RPM is thy staff of life, without it, thee shalt surely perish......

Let infinite discretion govern thy movement about the earth, lest thee rise and smite thee.....

sabal
11th Aug 2011, 18:01
Check page 2 of this thread, there are e-mail addresses of the chief pilot and chief engineer..... Maybe that helps, also the last page for pilots, if you want to send your CV to the chief pilot, he will forward it to the chief engineer.

Thanks guy, but I did it a couple of times without reply...

I'm looking for someone who had more luck with them or is actually inside the business

PedroDaSilva
18th Oct 2011, 15:22
I'm considering moving to Angola (Luanda) to work as a software Engineer for a while so that I can personally contact local Helicopter Operators. I'm another low hour pilot (200 hours) with JAA CPL(H) (with ATL(H) theory) and IR(H).
Do you think I will have any chance of a position as a first officer not being Angolan? I speak both portuguese and english and will have a Working Visa (as a Software Engineer).

Any suggestion/comment will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Pedro

unstable load
19th Oct 2011, 06:33
Pedro,
Angolan regs are very specific about working visas. You will not be allowed to work on anything else than what is on your visa, and if you are bust then the company you work for will be in a load of trouble and you will be deported.

I think your hours will not be sufficient, but once you get there, look into it. Hours requirements are dictated by the clients, not the employers.

helimutt
21st Dec 2011, 20:13
Anyone know if these guys are still looking for c+\++ pilots?:)

Peter PanPan
22nd Dec 2011, 07:52
I heard that they were until very recently, mainly FOs, 300 hours offshore and 250 hours Twin time were some of the requirements but I stand to be corrected. Drop them an email, they are a friendly bunch :ok:

Waver
7th Feb 2012, 14:25
Alouette can you tell me if they are hiring 412/212 type ratings mechanics...???and were can i send my cv. thanks

unstable load
8th Feb 2012, 07:38
[email protected] (http://uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/yab-fe/mu/MainView?.src=neo&themeName=blue&stab=1328690048549#)

JEEPPILOT
12th Apr 2013, 02:46
HI GUYS...;) IS HELI MALONGO STILL NEED SIKORSKY S-76C++ PILOTS...?! ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT THE CURRENT SALARY RANGE & SCHEDULE FOR THE PILOTS...?! APPRECIATED FOR EMAIL & PHONE OF THE RECRUITER...LOTS OF THANKS...!!! :ok:

industry insider
12th Apr 2013, 09:11
I don't think the sar c++s have ever been fully delivered to heli malongo so probably not. Do you have a hearing problem?

DualDriver
22nd Apr 2013, 21:48
Is Malongo hiring ANY pilots at the moment? What is the salary? rotation still 28/28?

nurnugroho
1st Mar 2015, 11:23
does anybody got info weather heli malongo still looking c++ pilot or not? I interested in to apply but don't know where and how to send cv

MaxPitch
18th Nov 2017, 00:03
Looking for any information on HeliMalongo careers.

TIA

gulliBell
18th Nov 2017, 23:19
Looking for any information on HeliMalongo careers.

TIA

They have layed off pilots recently due to poor market conditions. Look elsewhere.

Sir Korsky
18th Nov 2017, 23:26
I don't think the sar c++s have ever been fully delivered to heli malongo so probably not. Do you have a hearing problem?

the 3 C++ they didn't get were last seen at Bayonne piers getting shipped somewhere else - this was fairly recently. They were not in HM colors. SIK had stored them for a long time.