PDA

View Full Version : How To Build Time??

pushkraj
3rd Oct 2008, 19:17
Respected Member,
I would like to introduce myself. I am Pushkraj from India. I am FAA & INDIAN DGCA CPL holder. As you all knew the Aviation in INDIA was booming but because of the fuel costs the scene is not the same. As it was few years back here in INDIA. The one's with only 250 odd hrs were flying 737 & 320 etc. But scenario has chaged a lot.
I was selcted by an Airline here in INDIA saying that after my type rating ( self sponsered) I will be recruited. But now even they are backing of.
Now I am at home doing nothing for past 5 months. This OCT end even my A320 recency will lapse.!!:uhoh:
Then I thought of getting 500 hrs on type through the EAGLE JET program. But even then I wont be eligible for airlines because my total hours will still be less than 1000!
Then I thought of doing some time building. And the best way to do that is by instructing. But some how building hours as an INSTRUCTOR is a very slow process.
I heard that there are some companies in US which help in your time building but dont pay you instead. I would like to know more about such companies if they exists.

I am ready to go anywhere to fly.

I would also like to know you thoughts. & best possible way to build time.

Will be very thankful to all of you.:cool:
Pushkraj Wagh

hitmanishere
4th Oct 2008, 11:01
I was selcted by an Airline here in INDIA saying that after my type rating ( self sponsered) I will be recruited

Lucky ME:}...The airline you are talking about offered me the same thing...I said NO THANKS.....

But some how building hours as an INSTRUCTOR is a very slow process.

I Disagree....Just say u dont want to fly a single engine aircraft...

I heard that there are some companies in US which help in your time building but dont pay you instead

Now,Iam not sure about the US...Since you said you are willing to fly anywhere,try Jordan Aviation..:yuk: I just got an email from them stating that If Iam willing to pay $100000 :eek:they wil gimme a job....Honestly speaking I just could not stop laughing after reading the email....The following some parts of the email....

:ugh:

We at Jordan Aviation- APSD have training for employment program which is available these days on the B737-300.
The cost of this program is 100,000 USD

This price is for the complete package of ground school, simulator, and line training for 250 hrs on the aircraft and all incentive during training including tickets and hotel accommodation during line training.

The payment can be done as follows::{
25,000 USD upon signing the agreement
25,000 USD after completing the simulator
50,000 USD to be deducted from your salary after employment

Your salary will be as follows:
From 0-100 hrs no salary (300 $/month pocket money)
From 100-500 hrs 1000 USD/month + 20$/ night stop
500 – Above 4250 USD/ month

The program includes the followings:
1. Indoctrination course for 4 weeks
2. Ground school for 3 weeks
3. Simulator training for 50 hrs (3 weeks)
4. Observation flights (50 hrs)
5. Line training 250 actual flying hrs on the aircraft

The trainee will be illegible of the following privileges during training
1. Free uniform
2. Free mobile
3. Free transportation during operations
4. Free medical insurance (up to 45000 USD)
5. Life insurance similar to Jordan Aviation group
6. Free tickets for repositioning to join operations
7. Free hotels BB during line training for any night stop outside Jordan
:E:E:E

So,If you are a rich kid and able to come up with the above stated money try these guys....Good Luck:ok:

G-BFUN
4th Oct 2008, 11:36
I got to ask...
Is that e-mail serious!? £50,000!!!!!! To just work for them!
I understand Ryanair, asking for you to pay for the TR and then you will be offered a job, and then you get paid as normal. In my eyes thats the same as if you was bonded or had money taken out of your salary to pay for it.
But that is just ridiculous talk about feeling like a second class First Officer! :rolleyes:

hitmanishere
4th Oct 2008, 12:39
:}Hahaha....There is more to it... i just dont want to post the entire thing here...
At the moment, Iam trying to bargain with them...:EJust like the way you do in any middle east souvenir shop... To my surprise they keep responding to my mails..:eek:
I told them I could pay em a maximum of $10,000:*... I'm waiting on the managements decision....;)

cyrilroy21
4th Oct 2008, 13:31
Let me guess .......

You happen to have a type rating on an A320 but no jobs available in India

Well then try the middle east

Bahrain air is looking for type rated pilots on the A320 .

www.http://www.bahrainair.net/page.php?page=pilots

pushkraj
4th Oct 2008, 19:16
Hello .
I wont mind flying single engine. But for now I jus want to fly & bld some time.

fadedfootpaths
8th Oct 2008, 18:53
If you hold a DGCA licence, why dont u try Touchwood Aviation Academy or Madras Flying Club? I am sure TAA would let you fly(if you tell them you would do that for free).

Methinks it was really a bad idea to get type rated on an A320 right now:=, but chillax, Indian is going to recruit 15 newbies this winter. Also, why dont you apply to Deccan Cargo. They are going to hire some 20 odd F/Os for their old A310s. But then again, in India its connections that matter.

Goodluck:ok: